Rondo haters: Kick rocks.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: Rondo haters: Kick rocks.

Know that.  Rose torn ACL & MCL vs Rondo's torn ACL.  Still, what's the rush?

what's best for the Cs should and will take precedence over what's best for rondo. but here's a guy who's gonna want a max contract soon and needs to begin the process of earning that. if he's not ready in november, then nevermind this. but once he is proclaimed healthy - even early on - he needs to be playing. what's the advantage of taking time and sitting a healthy rondo - a poorer W-L record? i don't believe that's the celtics' mindset and it certainly won't be rondo's.

bp

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

I can't wait till feb when Danny is on TV saying, "Well our 'medical staff' doesn't  think Rondo is 100% yet.  We have no timetable as to when he'll be back".  And Rondo is fuming and stating that he is "ready to go, never felt better and WTF?".  Should be very entertaining.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to passfirst's comment:

Nothing against Pierce, but, enter Jeff Greene at age 26, loven it!  If Rondo comes back healthy, along with the concept that JG can start the break, it's going to be fun to watch. 

I think Rondo's going to look to score this year. He should drop 25 a night just to shut the haters up. This team is going to be good if when healthy. Rondo, AB, JG, Sullinger.  The talk of tanking doesn't make sense with players like that.   

I hope he doesn't look at himself as an offensive force every night.  That would certainly play into the view thats he's selfish, stat-driven player.  He's a very good PG, which doesn't have to translate into high scoring on a regular basis.  Everything is situational - if he plays against a weak defender(s), of course he's going to go at him or them, but if he takes shots away from shooters - 3-pt shooters especially, then his effectiveness is lessened as would be his value to the team.  Having a high bb IQ should be enough for him to see in whose hands the ball should be at any given moment - should be enough.  Now that all bets are off (no more PP, KG, RA) and only JG as a proven scorer and BB in spots, a wait-and-see attitude is all that can be taken, not one that goes into the season holding the proverbial Sword of Damoclese over his head.  Right now, no one knows anything about the future; therefore, I'd rather be positive or, at the very least, hopeful.  Too many variables and changes to make predictions per se, realizing that pronouncements and prognostications are the life's blood of many posters here and elsewhere.  It's what makes for lively discussions  - when things don't get petty and personal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to passfirst's comment:

Nothing against Pierce, but, enter Jeff Greene at age 26, loven it!  If Rondo comes back healthy, along with the concept that JG can start the break, it's going to be fun to watch. 

I think Rondo's going to look to score this year. He should drop 25 a night just to shut the haters up. This team is going to be good if when healthy. Rondo, AB, JG, Sullinger.  The talk of tanking doesn't make sense with players like that.   

We don't know what the roster will look like on opening night.

I don't think Rondo will be ready to play by October.

Rondo may not play until sometime in December or later.  Who knows when he will be back? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:

In response to cavaliersfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I predict Rondo will come back, have a Hall of Fame career, retire, become Mayor of Boston and later become President Rondo.  ..........  He's not perfect but he is the best we got!

What are you talking about? You have Kyrie Irving. 

[/QUOTE]The Celtics are my second team to root for.  I just made the above ridiculous post because I wanted to have a little fun and agitate.  Its pretty obvious I am a big fan of Rajon Rondo.  The guy has guts in big games.  Seriously, he has a chance to make the Hall of Fame.  I hope he stays healthy.     

Sections
Shortcuts