Rondo Haters repent

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

Rondo Haters repent

Isn't it about time really.... you are looking sillier and sillier each minute he plays...     Here's what Adrian Wojnarowski one of America's most level headed and perceptive basketball commentator's has to say about Rondo... 
    "Rondo’s playing on a different plane this season. He’s been the best point guard in the Eastern Conference, and shoulder to shoulder with Chris Paul and Russell Westbrook in the league. All along, he’s been one of the sport’s smartest, sharpest players..."  

In the past you guys haven't seemed to care much for the evidence... or the opinions of knowledgeable basketball analysts.   You are stuck defending your own entrenched anti Rondo posistions. And its kind of sad because you could be making interesting contributions to the board...          So please give it up...   begin to appreciate this rising HOF talent as he breaks record after record and redifines the role of point guard.   Celebrate the team victories he facilitates and his remarkable  individual achievements ...    and root FOR Rondo instead of against him...    and the Celtics.     

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: Rondo Haters repent

i like it, videoburns! probably the most astute observation of the morning, left to die on the vine with no responses two hours in. rondo continues to flummox his detractors as well as his competition. i can't decide which is more entertaining.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

There is too much evidence to the contrary..There is nothing left to criticise when he hits those jumpers..Which some kept insisting he would eventually do..while some kept saying that it was too late to develop that part of the game. What i am seeing is a player that keeps evolving and as you mentioned, redefining the role of the pt guard. But really, he is more of a prototypical pt guard, while the others are more of combo guards. We have a Jason Kidd in green, and did not or would not acknowledge  it. He will be a decent three pt shooter in about 2 years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

videoburns, what Adrian Wojnarowski says has as much credibility as what I have to say.  First off, the guy was voted Worst In Media in 2010.  He has no objectivity when covering a story and uses more anonymous sources than any other writer.  He is nowhere near being "one of America's most level headed and perceptive basketball commentator's".  He is so far from that description that its laughable.

I am not so sure you want to quote him to validate Rondo's greatness.  Rondo has had a great season, especially the final 20 or so games when he dished out at least 10 assists in each.  But to suggest, after last night's game and a Wojnarowski article that Rondo is HOF bound is a bit premature.

Forget what Wojnarowski says for a moment, neither you nor I have ever seen Rondo hit the perimeter shot as efficiently as he hit them last night.  Have we?  Rondo, as well as several other Celtics, were on fire last night.  They could not miss.  Last night was just one of those offensive nights when everything seemed to click.

But because Rondo hit 8-11 shots with many of them coming from the perimeter, that doesn't take him to the Chris Paul or Westbrook level.  Take the season AS A WHOLE and if you conclude that, then that's cool.  But I'm not sure you would conclude that.

Rondo can very easily come out tomorrow, come back to earth and have 14 assists and score 12 points, all layups, and return to the category of "very good PG".

I love to see him direct our offense and I love the fake wrap around (when it works), but I also don't love the moodiness and stubborness that he still has to overcome.

I root for him every time the Celtics play and I want the best for him (and the Celtics), but one game either way doesn't justify what you or Wojnarowski believe.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Consistency. That will have Rondo dislikers repent. I am sure that is what most Cs fans want. Consistency. Similar to Bynum most likely for LA fans. Both have great skill and talent, but lack consistency and desire to be the best day in and day out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Haters repent:
    [QUOTE]Consistency. That will have Rondo dislikers repent. I am sure that is what most Cs fans want. Consistency. Similar to Bynum most likely for LA fans. Both have great skill and talent, but lack consistency and desire to be the best day in and day out.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

+1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Before we allot blame and credit, let's see how this all plays out first.  These self appointed bows for being right in what amounts to a lottery of outcomes makes the credit seekers look worse than the bashers. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

[QUOTE]videoburns, what Adrian Wojnarowski says has as much credibility as what I have to say.  First off, the guy was voted Worst In Media in 2010.  He has no objectivity when covering a story and uses more anonymous sources than any other writer.  He is nowhere near being " one of America's most level headed and perceptive basketball commentator's ".  He is so far from that description that its laughable. I am not so sure you want to quote him to validate Rondo's greatness.  Rondo has had a great season, especially the final 20 or so games when he dished out at least 10 assists in each.  But to suggest, after last night's game and a Wojnarowski article that Rondo is HOF bound is a bit premature. Forget what Wojnarowski says for a moment, neither you nor I have ever seen Rondo hit the perimeter shot as efficiently as he hit them last night.  Have we?  Rondo, as well as several other Celtics, were on fire last night.  They could not miss.  Last night was just one of those offensive nights when everything seemed to click. But because Rondo hit 8-11 shots with many of them coming from the perimeter, that doesn't take him to the Chris Paul or Westbrook level.  Take the season AS A WHOLE and if you conclude that, then that's cool.  But I'm not sure you would conclude that. Rondo can very easily come out tomorrow, come back to earth and have 14 assists and score 12 points, all layups, and return to the category of "very good PG". I love to see him direct our offense and I love the fake wrap around (when it works), but I also don't love the moodiness and stubborness that he still has to overcome. I root for him every time the Celtics play and I want the best for him (and the Celtics), but one game either way doesn't justify what you or Wojnarowski believe.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

I have been reading  Adrian Wojnarowski for years...   and find his reporting reliable, insightful and  accurate... even if from unnamed sources.    He was never "voted"   "worst in  media 2010"    he was selected as "worst in Media 2010"   by an unnamed writer for "sports media watch".   The blog entry was so widely read that it had... zero comments...    Who is Sports Media Watch...   can't tell... no by lines, no identification on web site , no credits of any kind on web site.       Five out of the seven reporters selected were selected in whole or in part for their reporting on Lebron James.   
    Adrian Wojnarowski's reporting on James that year was particularly on target and critical (deservedly) of James.     Whoever picked this list - and I repeat, they did not have the decency or courage to take credit/responsibility for it, is obviously a big fan of Lebron and offended by anyone who publically criticises him..     AND even though this nameless judge picked AW as the number 1 worst,,,   he still admits  "Wojnarowski is widely considered one of the better NBA writers today."  and doesn't really contest that point....    just complains about how harsh AW was on Lebron.     So I stand by MY source and his credibility as an independant observer.       

Now on to Rondo himself..... It is not at all premature to say that he is headed towards the Hall of fame...   If he continues improving and developing and perfoming as he has this year that is exactly the direction he is heading in...    PP and KG and RA  are in the HOF (the votes just haven't been taken yet....)   they have already done the work.    RR hasn't done the work yet but his trajectory is definaltly in the right direction....    Just as Pierce's trajectory was in the right direction when in 2002 at the age of 25  he led the Celtics to the biggest fourth-quarter comeback in NBA playoff history.           A career can take a lot of crazy turns and Rondo's could be derailed by injuries, personal problems or other.   But for now I'm rootin for him,   cheering every record breaking assist, and hoping that he stays here in Boston to lead the Celtics into a championship filled future.     

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Before we allot blame and credit, let's see how this all plays out first.  These self appointed bows for being right in what amounts to a lottery of outcomes makes the credit seekers look worse than the bashers. 
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why people need to argue about him so much anyway.  He is an extremely talented pg was has some big flaws in his game.  He is what he is.  Obviously the Celtics are better with him than without him.  Just as obviously his game can be frustrating at times.

It is amazing to me how polarizing he is.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]Before we allot blame and credit, let's see how this all plays out first.  These self appointed bows for being right in what amounts to a lottery of outcomes makes the credit seekers look worse than the bashers. 
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

+5

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I am glad Rondo is the Celtics PG.  But I just cannot understand why folks proclaim he's the best because of one great game where he showcased a weakness just like those who say trade him because he gets suspended for a game.

Someone noted that when he had the triple double in game 3, he shot 7 for 22 and all 7 of his FGs were within 3 feet of the hoop.  In that game he missed every single one of his perimeter jump shots.  What does it all mean?  To me, it means let's not proclaim him the best or trade him based on one game.

I'd much rather see him continue to progress with a level of all around consistenty and enjoy the fruits of that as it contributes to the Celtics success.  More than that, I am really looking forward to seeing him once the big 3 are gone.  I'm excited about that prospect.  Can't wait!

Honestly, any proclamation of Rondo's stature is irrelevant to me because I don't personally believe he is, by far, the best.  But I do believe he is the "best PG for THIS CELTICS team" and that's good enough for me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Consistency. That will have Rondo dislikers repent. I am sure that is what most Cs fans want. Consistency. Similar to Bynum most likely for LA fans. Both have great skill and talent, but lack consistency and desire to be the best day in and day out.

Didn't young Rondo go 7 for 22 in the previous game hitting nothing outside of 3 feet... and the game before that.... well... he was banned for a little dust up with a ref?

Yep... that's our Rondo! As consistent as ever.

And don't hold your breath waiting for Rondo to repent either.

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Rondo Haters repent:
    [QUOTE]Isn't it about time really.... you are looking sillier and sillier each minute he plays...     Here's what Adrian Wojnarowski one of America's most level headed and perceptive basketball commentator's has to say about Rondo...  "Rondo’s playing on a different plane this season. He’s been the best point guard in the Eastern Conference, and shoulder to shoulder with Chris Paul and Russell Westbrook in the league. All along, he’s been one of the sport’s smartest, sharpest players..."   he elaborates here:   http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--rajon-rondo-looming-as-threat-to-heat-s-title-run.html;_ylt=AulW5fN0dnddI10jzjmJn1I5nYcB In the past you guys haven't seemed to care much for the evidence... or the opinions of knowledgeable basketball analysts.   You are stuck defending your own entrenched anti Rondo posistions. And its kind of sad because you could be making interesting contributions to the board...          So please give it up...   begin to appreciate this rising HOF talent as he breaks record after record and redifines the role of point guard.   Celebrate the team victories he facilitates and his remarkable  individual achievements ...    and root FOR Rondo instead of against him...    and the Celtics.     
    Posted by videoburns[/QUOTE]

Great post!  I like the olive branch idea.

As Always,

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]i like it, videoburns! probably the most astute observation of the morning, left to die on the vine with no responses two hours in. rondo continues to flummox his detractors as well as his competition. i can't decide which is more entertaining.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

True that!

As Always,

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]videoburns, what Adrian Wojnarowski says has as much credibility as what I have to say.  First off, the guy was voted Worst In Media in 2010.  He has no objectivity when covering a story and uses more anonymous sources than any other writer.  He is nowhere near being " one of America's most level headed and perceptive basketball commentator's ".  He is so far from that description that its laughable. I am not so sure you want to quote him to validate Rondo's greatness.  Rondo has had a great season, especially the final 20 or so games when he dished out at least 10 assists in each.  But to suggest, after last night's game and a Wojnarowski article that Rondo is HOF bound is a bit premature. Forget what Wojnarowski says for a moment, neither you nor I have ever seen Rondo hit the perimeter shot as efficiently as he hit them last night.  Have we?  Rondo, as well as several other Celtics, were on fire last night.  They could not miss.  Last night was just one of those offensive nights when everything seemed to click. But because Rondo hit 8-11 shots with many of them coming from the perimeter, that doesn't take him to the Chris Paul or Westbrook level.  Take the season AS A WHOLE and if you conclude that, then that's cool.  But I'm not sure you would conclude that. Rondo can very easily come out tomorrow, come back to earth and have 14 assists and score 12 points, all layups, and return to the category of "very good PG". I love to see him direct our offense and I love the fake wrap around (when it works), but I also don't love the moodiness and stubborness that he still has to overcome. I root for him every time the Celtics play and I want the best for him (and the Celtics), but one game either way doesn't justify what you or Wojnarowski believe.

Typically, I view your posts as salient and thought-provoking even if I don't agree with much of what have to say from time-to-time.  You make reference herein to one game not taking Rondo to Westbrook or Chris Paul level.  I agree entirely in that his body of work this season would not allow his to digress to such depths.  Maybe in the future they can rise to his level.

As Always,

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

[QUOTE]I am glad Rondo is the Celtics PG.  But I just cannot understand why folks proclaim he's the best because of one great game where he showcased a weakness just like those who say trade him because he gets suspended for a game. Someone noted that when he had the triple double in game 3, he shot 7 for 22 and all 7 of his FGs were within 3 feet of the hoop.  In that game he missed every single one of his perimeter jump shots.  What does it all mean?  To me, it means let's not proclaim him the best or trade him based on one game. I'd much rather see him continue to progress with a level of all around consistenty and enjoy the fruits of that as it contributes to the Celtics success.  More than that, I am really looking forward to seeing him once the big 3 are gone.  I'm excited about that prospect.  Can't wait! Honestly, any proclamation of Rondo's stature is irrelevant to me because I don't personally believe he is, by far, the best.  But I do believe he is the " best PG for THIS CELTICS team " and that's good enough for me.

and I don't consider you as the best example of a Rondo hater...   in fact not really a Rondo hater at all...   though you do go a bit negative on him sometimes... and don't always seem to appreciate the good he brings....   And I don't really think he neccessarily ranks above Paul or Westbrook this season...  But I see both of them "heading" for the HOF  as well.   Like Rondo they won't make it if they don't keep it up for many years...     and like Rondo they each play big roles in their team's performance.        

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Haters repent : I don't understand why people need to argue about him so much anyway.  He is an extremely talented pg was has some big flaws in his game.  He is what he is.  Obviously the Celtics are better with him than without him.  Just as obviously his game can be frustrating at times. It is amazing to me how polarizing he is.  
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]
    Hear, hear.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]I am glad Rondo is the Celtics PG.  But I just cannot understand why folks proclaim he's the best because of one great game where he showcased a weakness just like those who say trade him because he gets suspended for a game. Someone noted that when he had the triple double in game 3, he shot 7 for 22 and all 7 of his FGs were within 3 feet of the hoop.  In that game he missed every single one of his perimeter jump shots.  What does it all mean?  To me, it means let's not proclaim him the best or trade him based on one game. I'd much rather see him continue to progress with a level of all around consistenty and enjoy the fruits of that as it contributes to the Celtics success.  More than that, I am really looking forward to seeing him once the big 3 are gone.  I'm excited about that prospect.  Can't wait! Honestly, any proclamation of Rondo's stature is irrelevant to me because I don't personally believe he is, by far, the best.  But I do believe he is the " best PG for THIS CELTICS team " and that's good enough for me.

Petey, listen to yourself..one game? so yesterday was the first good game rondo has had in his career? so last night was Rondo's BEST game of his career?

he does this time, and time, and time again. the only active player with more playoff triple doubles than Rondo is Jason Kidd. right now he is tied with LEBRON JAMES. can this really mean nothing to people??

the problem is, people only care about shooting. ppl say his triple double the other night wasnt good bc of 7-22. guys, basketball isnt only about shooting the ball. TRIPLE-double, which means he had 2 other categories in which he had at least 10! thats a complete game to me. thats doing a little bit of everything. i honestly am more impressed by a 15,15,14 night than i am a 35,7 and 5 night. some get so mesmerized by seeing a player score every time down the court, that they miss the value of a "stat-sheet stuffer". Rondo does a bit of everything. he is among the best rebounders in the NBA at his position, has led the league in steals one year and was the NBA assists leader this year. Rondo has gotten so good that ppl dont even blink when he continuously has 13 or 14 assist nights. 14 assists? people, players dont do that! and he does it ALL THE TIME..and sprinkles in 16-24 assist games every once in awhile. thats greatness! 

Lebron James gets so much credit as being the best in the league not bc of his scoring ability, but bc he can score while also having rebounding and passing abilities, and defense. he gets it done in every category, and is praised for it. yet Rondo is continually bashed for only having an average jumpshot?

petey, im sorry, but saying "bc of one game" is extremely ignorant and close-minded (and i respect your opinions and posts on these boards). he does this all the time and VERY consistently in the playoffs..its time to start recognizing it.

ull have to show me when Russell Westbrook has ever done nething like this:

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Haters repent : Didn't young Rondo go 7 for 22 in the previous game hitting nothing outside of 3 feet... and the game before that.... well... he was banned for a little dust up with a ref? Yep... that's our Rondo! As consistent as ever. And don't hold your breath waiting for Rondo to repent either. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Yes, you're right! He consistently sees the floor better than any other PG in the league.  I'm happy he's here.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Might I add:

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

The haters of Rondo....hated Avery also. Let's all move on.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

Did you say that Rondo lacks consistency. PG 101, pass the ball. NOW look up his numbers in assists in the last 3 years. POINT blank. LEADING the league all together in those 3 years. Another thing no ONE has more trips and dubs as him.
    NOW what else is there that you need to look up before you add commentary. DO your HOMEWORK first. HIS defense and passing is beyond any of the other PGs'. NONE of those so called great PG's are in his league in that category. Who comes close is CP3. After that DWill is a cry baby, Westbrook and ROSE are not even point guards. Last thing none of them show the HEART and PASSION on the court than RONDO. Its a WRAP ENOUGH said.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Haters repent : Didn't young Rondo go 7 for 22 in the previous game hitting nothing outside of 3 feet... and the game before that.... well... he was banned for a little dust up with a ref? Yep... that's our Rondo! As consistent as ever. And don't hold your breath waiting for Rondo to repent either. Pud

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

Hey i am not protecting Rondo. That incident took that ref off the Celtics back. Who clearly cant stand the Celtics. The refs name is Marc Davis. Hopefully, we will not see him in the rest of the playoffs. Good job RONDO. You da man

Sections
Shortcuts