Rondo Haters repent

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

Re: Rondo Haters repent

In Response to Re: Rondo Haters repent:
    In Response to Re: Rondo Haters repent : and I don't consider you as the best example of a Rondo hater...   in fact not really a Rondo hater at all...   though you do go a bit negative on him sometimes... and don't always seem to appreciate the good he brings....   And I don't really think he neccessarily ranks above Paul or Westbrook this season...  But I see both of them "heading" for the HOF  as well.   Like Rondo they won't make it if they don't keep it up for many years...     and like Rondo they each play big roles in their team's performance.        
    Posted by videoburns

IF we know the function of a PG. Westbrook is not it. If your looking for protypical PG i have some names for you Tony Parker, RONDO, CP3 and DWill. Every other PG out there are combo guards

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

When is Rondo going to start playing defense?
    Posted by Kirk6

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Haters repent : Yes, you're right! He consistently sees the floor better than any other PG in the league.  I'm happy he's here.  
    Posted by ET27

AGREE!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Haters repent : Petey, listen to yourself..one game? so yesterday was the first good game rondo has had in his career? so last night was Rondo's BEST game of his career? he does this time, and time, and time again. the only active player with more playoff triple doubles than Rondo is Jason Kidd. right now he is tied with LEBRON JAMES. can this really mean nothing to people?? the problem is, people only care about shooting. ppl say his triple double the other night wasnt good bc of 7-22. guys, basketball isnt only about shooting the ball. TRIPLE-double, which means he had 2 other categories in which he had at least 10! thats a complete game to me. thats doing a little bit of everything. i honestly am more impressed by a 15,15,14 night than i am a 35,7 and 5 night. some get so mesmerized by seeing a player score every time down the court, that they miss the value of a "stat-sheet stuffer". Rondo does a bit of everything. he is among the best rebounders in the NBA at his position, has led the league in steals one year and was the NBA assists leader this year. Rondo has gotten so good that ppl dont even blink when he continuously has 13 or 14 assist nights. 14 assists? people, players dont do that! and he does it ALL THE TIME..and sprinkles in 16-24 assist games every once in awhile. thats greatness!   Lebron James gets so much credit as being the best in the league not bc of his scoring ability, but bc he can score while also having rebounding and passing abilities, and defense. he gets it done in every category, and is praised for it. yet Rondo is continually bashed for only having an average jumpshot? petey, im sorry, but saying "bc of one game" is extremely ignorant and close-minded (and i respect your opinions and posts on these boards). he does this all the time and VERY consistently in the playoffs..its time to start recognizing it. ull have to show me when Russell Westbrook has ever done nething like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDGwG7HL8b4
    Posted by JamezHill24

Jamez, if you truly respected my opinion, you might not attack me (or it) as extremely ignorant and close-minded especially when you take what I said out of its intended context.

video and I were having an exchange and I initially suggested that I do not believe that AFTER Rondo's game 4 where he FINALLY showed the ability to hit the perimeter shot that we should launch another "Rondo's the best in the NBA" tirade supported by a Yahoo article.  In that initial post, I alluded to his awesome final 20 or so games of the season.  I alluded in another post in this thread that it really did not matter because he is the best PG for this Celtics team and I'm glad we have him.

video acknowledged that although I don't hold my tongue about Rondo, he doesn't consider me a hater.

Now, those were exchanged between video and me.

If you take my last post on its own merit and respond with no knowledge of the previous exchanges on this thread AND THEN label me (or my opinion) extremely ignorant and close-minded, then you DO NOT respect my opinion.

But it's all good because although I may disagree with you about something (and I do respect your opinion), you will never hear me get personal.  That's why I stay away from the trolls and enjoy my exchanges with the likes of you and others.

I'm over it.  More insightful exchanges to come!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Haters repent : Jamez, if you truly respected my opinion, you might not attack me (or it) as extremely ignorant and close-minded especially when you take what I said out of its intended context. video and I were having an exchange and I initially suggested that I do not believe that AFTER Rondo's game 4 where he FINALLY showed the ability to hit the perimeter shot that we should launch another " Rondo's the best in the NBA " tirade supported by a Yahoo article.  In that initial post, I alluded to his awesome final 20 or so games of the season.  I alluded in another post in this thread that it really did not matter because he is the best PG for this Celtics team and I'm glad we have him. video acknowledged that although I don't hold my tongue about Rondo, he doesn't consider me a hater. Now, those were exchanged between video and me. If you take my last post on its own merit and respond with no knowledge of the previous exchanges on this thread AND THEN label me (or my opinion) extremely ignorant and close-minded, then you DO NOT respect my opinion. But it's all good because although I may disagree with you about something (and I do respect your opinion), you will never hear me get personal.  That's why I stay away from the trolls and enjoy my exchanges with the likes of you and others. I'm over it.  More insightful exchanges to come!
    Posted by Petey62

Hey Petey. That is the one thing that boggles my mind: why posters get personal about another's opinions. While we may agree to disagree, it makes little to no sense to attack another poster about his/her opinions. Especially bothersome when they attack other C's fans. Its asinine, asi10,asi11,asi12

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I totally agree with you and I don't really think Jamez meant to attack me but I just don't exchange communication in that manner.

I've always had great exchanges with him and sure look forward to many more.  He and I seem to disagree on alot but we totally respect each others points of view.

I'm sure we'll be ok.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I totally agree with you and I don't really think Jamez meant to attack me but I just don't exchange communication in that manner. I've always had great exchanges with him and sure look forward to many more.  He and I seem to disagree on alot but we totally respect each others points of view. I'm sure we'll be ok.
    Posted by Petey62

Sorry. I did not mean you and Jamez persay. Actually I did not mean you and jamez at all. It was more of a general statement. Enjoy game 6.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Haters repent : Didn't young Rondo go 7 for 22 in the previous game hitting nothing outside of 3 feet... and the game before that.... well... he was banned for a little dust up with a ref? Yep... that's our Rondo! As consistent as ever. And don't hold your breath waiting for Rondo to repent either. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Take him off that team and they would crumble....yeah he has flaws like every other point guard in this league, but he is clearly the best true point guard because he is about pass first and getting everyone involved...Paul is the only other point guard that is that way...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Haters repent : Did you say that Rondo lacks consistency. PG 101, pass the ball. NOW look up his numbers in assists in the last 3 years. POINT blank. LEADING the league all together in those 3 years. Another thing no ONE has more trips and dubs as him. NOW what else is there that you need to look up before you add commentary. DO your HOMEWORK first. HIS defense and passing is beyond any of the other PGs'. NONE of those so called great PG's are in his league in that category. Who comes close is CP3. After that DWill is a cry baby, Westbrook and ROSE are not even point guards. Last thing none of them show the HEART and PASSION on the court than RONDO. Its a WRAP ENOUGH said.
    Posted by ojmega

Now this is someone who knows basketball...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

anyone with a brain knows rondo is a top tier PG in this league and is only getting better....he made a mistake at the end last night, but without his plays prior to that, the celts wouldnt have even been in striking distance....the team sucked yesterday and rondo was that close to stealing the game for them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

anyone with a brain knows rondo is a top tier PG in this league and is only getting better....he made a mistake at the end last night, but without his plays prior to that, the celts wouldnt have even been in striking distance....the team sucked yesterday and rondo was that close to stealing the game for them.
    Posted by redsoxfan94

He did make a mistake at the end but without his steal before that the Cs would very likely not have been in a very good position anyway.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

As Celtics and Rondo fans, i think we have bigger things to worry about.. I worry more about Rondo imploding emotinally, again and possibly costing us a series....
    I love Rondo, but this kid still has a lot of maturing to do...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/rajon-rondo-cameraman-clash-over-post-game-5-161311234.html

ill probably get called a hater for posting this, but hey who cares...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Haters repent : He did make a mistake at the end but without his steal before that the Cs would very likely not have been in a very good position anyway.....
    Posted by CASox

true, which is why i said it isnt on rondo.....the team as a whole needs to play better and stop relying on just one or two guys every night.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

As Celtics and Rondo fans, i think we have bigger things to worry about.. I worry more about Rondo imploding emotinally, again and possibly costing us a series.... I love Rondo, but this kid still has a lot of maturing to do... http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/rajon-rondo-cameraman-clash-over-post-game-5-161311234.html ill probably get called a hater for posting this, but hey who cares...
    Posted by Ortiz123

And how in the world do you build a franchise around a player so obviously emotionally fragile.

You don't. Plain and simple.

This is not an amateur league.

This is a multi-hundred-million $$ endeavor.

This is why DA has been shopping our ASPG

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Haters repent : And how in the world do you build a franchise around a player so obviously emotionally fragile. You don't. Plain and simple. This is not an amateur league. This is a multi-hundred-million $$ endeavor. This is why DA has been shopping our ASPG Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

rondo is our ASPG.....one championship and another trip to the finals....he gets the job done....i dont know why you think these point guards grow on trees, danny can try all he wants, the only pg that would make this team better than it is now is chris paul and danny failed on that one....we got lucky with rondo and he has blossomed into a true top tier point guard...he does have some emotional issues, but when it comes down to it, the guy is clutch. he has his biggest games in the biggest moments and games of the year....the guy is a walking triple double....not that i expect you to agree since i already know that you know absolutely nothing about basketball.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Haters repent : true, which is why i said it isnt on rondo.....the team as a whole needs to play better and stop relying on just one or two guys every night.
    Posted by redsoxfan94

True. The C's lost that game. Not Rondo. Having said that, the Cs needed him to take over that game especially with Pierce and Allen hurting. He is more than capable of doing so. He did it to end the third. The 4th was his moment to seize. Sometimes a team needs one guy to take over in a game. And he just did not do so for whatever reasons. Again, he has all the tools in his toolbelt to be outstanding all the time. And I suspect he will have a tremendous game 6 and the Cs will win.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Haters repent : Jamez, if you truly respected my opinion, you might not attack me (or it) as extremely ignorant and close-minded especially when you take what I said out of its intended context. video and I were having an exchange and I initially suggested that I do not believe that AFTER Rondo's game 4 where he FINALLY showed the ability to hit the perimeter shot that we should launch another " Rondo's the best in the NBA " tirade supported by a Yahoo article.  In that initial post, I alluded to his awesome final 20 or so games of the season.  I alluded in another post in this thread that it really did not matter because he is the best PG for this Celtics team and I'm glad we have him. video acknowledged that although I don't hold my tongue about Rondo, he doesn't consider me a hater. Now, those were exchanged between video and me. If you take my last post on its own merit and respond with no knowledge of the previous exchanges on this thread AND THEN label me (or my opinion) extremely ignorant and close-minded, then you DO NOT respect my opinion. But it's all good because although I may disagree with you about something (and I do respect your opinion), you will never hear me get personal.  That's why I stay away from the trolls and enjoy my exchanges with the likes of you and others. I'm over it.  More insightful exchanges to come!
    Posted by Petey62

yea, i didnt mean that you yourself were ignorant or close-minded, i was saying the statement itself was close-minded bc of the obvious production he has put up in the past. i dont think people are claiming he is the best solely based on game 4, i think they are looking at his production as a whole.

i dont think he is the best pg in the league either, as i think Chris Paul is. i think Rondo is unquestionably a top 3 pg at this point in his career though.

hopefully no harm done, enjoy your insights! we need you to start the game 6 thread though, no more playing around, we need this win!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I totally agree with you and I don't really think Jamez meant to attack me but I just don't exchange communication in that manner. I've always had great exchanges with him and sure look forward to many more.  He and I seem to disagree on alot but we totally respect each others points of view. I'm sure we'll be ok.
    Posted by Petey62

Hey Petey, your just telling like it is..I am an avid Rondo fan, but sometimes, he makes me a little older by the day!!! Please get back to starting the thread..Don't let others beat you to it...The Green team needs you....ha.ha.ha.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Jamez, no harm buddy.  We will do it right tonight and you can bet I'll be kickin' it off.

TONIGHT IS OUR NIGHT --  SEE YOU AT 7:45 PM (1945 FOR ALL YOU MILITARY TYPES).

As best said by Glenn 'Doc' Rivers, "let's go get it!"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Haters repent : Did you say that Rondo lacks consistency. PG 101, pass the ball. NOW look up his numbers in assists in the last 3 years. POINT blank. LEADING the league all together in those 3 years. Another thing no ONE has more trips and dubs as him. NOW what else is there that you need to look up before you add commentary. DO your HOMEWORK first. HIS defense and passing is beyond any of the other PGs'. NONE of those so called great PG's are in his league in that category. Who comes close is CP3. After that DWill is a cry baby, Westbrook and ROSE are not even point guards. Last thing none of them show the HEART and PASSION on the court than RONDO. Its a WRAP ENOUGH said.
    Posted by ojmega

+10

As Always,

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Haters repent : rondo is our ASPG.....one championship and another trip to the finals....he gets the job done....i dont know why you think these point guards grow on trees, danny can try all he wants, the only pg that would make this team better than it is now is chris paul and danny failed on that one....we got lucky with rondo and he has blossomed into a true top tier point guard...he does have some emotional issues, but when it comes down to it, the guy is clutch. he has his biggest games in the biggest moments and games of the year....the guy is a walking triple double....not that i expect you to agree since i already know that you know absolutely nothing about basketball.
    Posted by redsoxfan94

Agree wholeheartedly, except CP3 does not impress me in the same way that Rondo does.  He obviously does some positive things for his team but his overall court vision is far inferior to Rondo, who is hands-down the best.

As Always,

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Haters repent : True. The C's lost that game. Not Rondo. Having said that, the Cs needed him to take over that game especially with Pierce and Allen hurting. He is more than capable of doing so. He did it to end the third. The 4th was his moment to seize. Sometimes a team needs one guy to take over in a game. And he just did not do so for whatever reasons. Again, he has all the tools in his toolbelt to be outstanding all the time. And I suspect he will have a tremendous game 6 and the Cs will win.
    Posted by antiqueman1

Agreed.  After his outstanding spurt at the end of the third quarter and early in the fourth, he seemed to defer more to his teammates.  If I remember correctly, PDub (and I am a huge fan of his) was clearly ailing and out much of the 4th when the Celtics overcame one or two large deficits.  I thought he was out for the remainder of the game, but came back in for crunch time even though the team had done very well without him.  Pierce was clearly not himself and the additional rest may have done him some good, but Doc (and I won't argue with his decision-making process) and likely Pierce decided he could go back in the last few minutes for his normal closer role.  PDub was clearly ailing and it appeared to affect the chemistry that was prevalent before his reentry.  In any event, it appeared to me that Doc decided that Rondo was not the "one guy to take over" the game.

As Always,

Sections
Shortcuts