Rondo haters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Rondo haters

The important question is not "are we better with or w/o rondo" (which is still up in the air), but "why were so many players underachieving and how can the team play better in the future with Rondo (assuming he doesn't get traded)"?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

In response to scubber's comment:

You can't tell me that it is nonsense or it is not in the mind of everyone including the Celtics brass themselves. 

Not sure how how dialed in Cs management is about this matter. From the noise DA and doc are making, they support R9R 110%... w/o any misgivings... and try to minimize any sort of criticism, however veiled it is, or from whom the criticism comes.

I think they are wedded to Rondo and any sort of deviation from that position is barely tolerated.

Considering how much of his reputation DA has staked on Rondo, it would take a lot to get him to admit a mistake and change directions at this point.

Don't hold your breath.

Pud

They are talking about it.  Almost every day, they or the media bring up the subject and there are new interviews and sound bites from them addressing the issue.  That is what I mean by it is in everybody's mind.

There is zero chance they throw Rondo under the bus.  If nothing else, it will lower Rondo trade value.  Mistakes are made all the times, not recognizing it is a bigger problem, I don't think or at least I hope they are worried about covering their mistakes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

RallC: Stay cool. The ladies jerking you around are completely harmless.

Pud

Listen to Mrs Creeper Rally.

Stop letting me work you up into a drooling idiot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

There is zero chance they throw Rondo under the bus.  If nothing else, it will lower Rondo trade value.  Mistakes are made all the times, not recognizing it is a bigger problem, I don't think or at least I hope they are worried about covering their mistakes.

Mistakes have been made.  JJ Johnson, Moore, Harangody, Hudson, Erdin, Giddens, and other draft night errors had led to the team as it now comprises.  There hasn't been a dependable center to start or a deep threat shooter on the bench, and if the draft picks had been better (most are admittedly late 1st rounders) we would see a very different team.  

For the haters: I prefer to take a holistic look and not put to much blame on one player for what's happened since 2008 (Remember '07-'08? Of course you do.).  Injuries, poor picks, and lower-level free agents haven't been able to support the core.  It's not Rondo's fault or Doc's fault.  Circumstances dictate outcomes.  Injury-free and intact, 2009 would be in the books.  The same can be said for 2010. The "what have you done for me lately" mindset obscures the facts we have.  With the correct pieces, Rondo, highly respected around the league, would be one of five instead of one of three, and not one trying to run a debilitated team.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

If Rondo is so "highly respected around the league" trade him now.

How many injured players are traded at high value?   An ACL injury means that no one knows his timetable of recovery or his effectiveness upon return.  Who would bet the bank on those unknowns?  As I wrote, "Circumstances dictate outcomes." 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Starting a post on a public board about Rondo... complaining about people who post about Rondo... but only if its not in a positive manner consistent with OPs opinion. LOL.  Somebody get these forlorned Lovers a Rondo BigHead for their bedroom!  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Starting a post on a public board about Rondo... complaining about people who post about Rondo... but only if its not in a positive manner consistent with OPs opinion. LOL.  Somebody get these forlorned Lovers a Rondo BigHead for their bedroom!  

Dunk, I think they all already have 'em and  very, very sticky ones at that! How they can't see the truth amazes me. They are all in denial. Especially "OILY SNAKE"! HA!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

You can't tell me that it is nonsense or it is not in the mind of everyone including the Celtics brass themselves. 

Not sure how how dialed in Cs management is about this matter. From the noise DA and doc are making, they support R9R 110%... w/o any misgivings... and try to minimize any sort of criticism, however veiled it is, or from whom the criticism comes.

I think they are wedded to Rondo and any sort of deviation from that position is barely tolerated.

Considering how much of his reputation DA has staked on Rondo, it would take a lot to get him to admit a mistake and change directions at this point.

Don't hold your breath.

Pud

They are talking about it.  Almost every day, they or the media bring up the subject and there are new interviews and sound bites from them addressing the issue.  That is what I mean by it is in everybody's mind.

Nice to see some have a clue here and don't just believe the hype! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Dunk, I think they all already have 'em and  very, very sticky ones at that! How they can't see the truth amazes me. They are all in denial. Especially "OILY SNAKE"! HA!

RallyC "HA Me say oily snake me funny. See his name is snake so I say oily snake HA HA"

Okay there simpleton.

One more try at breaking down my positon in a way your brain can understand.

I think Rondo is a top ten pg in the NBA. I dont think he is all that good.

I just like making fun of you and other people that think he is the whole problem with the team. Because he isn't.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

All good posts.........  There seems to be two schools of thought here !!!  The Celts are playing better without the "ALL WORLD AAU P G", that being said, we are only going to go as far as our front court/big men take us.........  If Danny gets us a "big guy" or Fab melo fills the roll to help KG, then it should be interesting.........  Bottom line, Rondos overall "style" is more about him, than TEAM !!!!!  Not that I expect all of you to see it that way. The fans that buy the "JERSEYS" might not see it that way  !!!

gotta agree with Bill on this one...Rondo blocks the whole team flow...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

RallyC "HA Me say oily snake me funny. See his name is snake so I say oily snake HA HA"

Okay there simpleton.

I just like making fun of you and other people that think he is the whole problem with the team. Because he isn't.

Snake. I agree that Rondo is a top 10 PG.  He is not a horrible player.  He is a phenominal athlete with unique and gifted skills.  My problem with Rondo is that he does not a good fit for the Celtics on offense or defense, and I don't believe he is condusive to positive chemistry and effective leadership.

A good analogy would be today's game.  Bledseo is a very good breakout PG, but he is not effective running the Clippers offense.  They are losing badly without Paul running the offense and it has nothing to do with point production or statistics.  Its how he affects the distribution of the ball and entire flow of the Clippers offense.  I believe you will see him traded as a result.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Okay there simpleton.

Snake. I agree that Rondo is a top 10 PG.  He is not a horrible player.  He is a phenominal athlete with unique and gifted skills.  My problem with Rondo is that he does not a good fit for the Celtics on offense or defense, and I don't believe he is condusive to positive chemistry and effective leadership.

A good analogy would be today's game.  Bledseo is a very good breakout PG, but he is not effective running the Clippers offense.  They are losing badly without Paul running the offense and it has nothing to do with point production or statistics.  Its how he affects the distribution of the ball and entire flow of the Clippers offense.  I believe you will see him traded as a result.  

I don't disagree.

what drives me crazy are the people that actually think that without rondo this team is going to go deep in the playoffs.

It isn't enough for people to disparage his game, they have to act like without Rondo this team is amazing and with him this team is horrible.

Drives me crazy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I think they are an improved TEAM without Rondo.  Bradley and Lee run a better offense and make a huge difference on defense.

The key indicator is in the balance of scoring over the last 4 games (including today). The ball is moving better and is being distributed better.  

However, they will not be competitive in the playoffs because they don't have the nexessary rebounding and are not big enough.  The loss of Sully only easperates the situation.  Without a trade for a big, poor KG will be driven into the ground.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I think they are an improved TEAM without Rondo.  Bradley and Lee run a better offense and make a huge difference on defense.

The key indicator is in the balance of scoring over the last 4 games (including today). The ball is moving better and is being distributed better.  

However, they will not be competitive in the playoffs because they don't have the nexessary rebounding and are not big enough.  The loss of Sully only easperates the situation.  Without a trade for a big, poor KG will be driven into the ground.   

and that is a reasonable position. So far it certainly looks like an improvement but they go on a 6 game road trip soon, all against good teams.

I get irritated because people act like if this team goes on a 6 game win streak without him then all is solved.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I don't disagree.

what drives me crazy are the people that actually think that without rondo this team is going to go deep in the playoffs.

It isn't enough for people to disparage his game, they have to act like without Rondo this team is amazing and with him this team is horrible.

Drives me crazy.

[/QUOTE]

Not everyone is as negative as you lament, Snake.  Many are very balanced and realize that while Rondo is a tremendous talent and will certainly make us better in the playoffs, he is also a hindrance to the offense that Doc wants to run.   He PLEADS with Rondo to move the ball and he won't as he wants to dribble and control.  You have to admit that the Celtics move the ball better without Rondo.  We'll miss his rebounding and his drives, but not his matador d nor his holding the ball.

In a halfcourt playoff game, Rondo will be irreplacable.  But, in the meantime, we might just be a better team.   

Try to be balanced and objective in your analysis and you will see some of this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

I don't disagree.

Drives me crazy.

Not everyone is as negative as you lament, Snake.  Many are very balanced and realize that while Rondo is a tremendous talent and will certainly make us better in the playoffs, he is also a hindrance to the offense that Doc wants to run.   He PLEADS with Rondo to move the ball and he won't as he wants to dribble and control.  You have to admit that the Celtics move the ball better without Rondo.  We'll miss his rebounding and his drives, but not his matador d nor his holding the ball.

In a halfcourt playoff game, Rondo will be irreplacable.  But, in the meantime, we might just be a better team.   

Try to be balanced and objective in your analysis and you will see some of this.

[/QUOTE]

well said...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I don't disagree.

Drives me crazy.

[/QUOTE]

I think I am balanced and objective. Again what bothers me are the people that act like the Celtics are now going to go 30 and 10 for the rest of the season simply beccause Rondo is gone.

the same people saying this now will be the same people freaking out when the Celtics lose 4 in a row later in the season.

Rondo is neither the answer or the problem. I have been saying that all along.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

The best thing was, barbosa did not leave. Among the guard s He has the most skills and exprienced.

He is not afraid to bring it to the paint and has average shooting ability. I think barbosa

Will emerge the best guard after lee, bradley and terry.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

The best thing was, barbosa did not leave. Among the guard s He has the most skills and exprienced.

He is not afraid to bring it to the paint and has average shooting ability. I think barbosa

Will emerge the best guard after lee, bradley and terry.

What a shot @ the end of the 3rd !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I don't disagree.

Drives me crazy.

I think I am balanced and objective. Again what bothers me are the people that act like the Celtics are now going to go 30 and 10 for the rest of the season simply beccause Rondo is gone.

the same people saying this now will be the same people freaking out when the Celtics lose 4 in a row later in the season.

[/QUOTE]

and thats where we disagree.  I do think Rondo is the problem.  He hampers our offensive ball movement and team flow, and chmistry, and he is a liability on defense.  You agreed earlier on these points.  How can that not be a problem?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I don't disagree.

Drives me crazy.

and thats where we disagree.  I do think Rondo is the problem.  He hampers our offensive ball movement and team flow, and chmistry, and he is a liability on defense.  You agreed earlier on these points.  How can that not be a problem?

[/QUOTE]

He can be "a" problem and not "the" problem.

Get my drift? This team has a lot of problems.  To me the lack of a post game and the inability to rebound are huge.

My irritation stems from the people that act like Rondo is "the" problem

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

4-0 baby!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

case in point.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

I don't disagree.

Drives me crazy.

He can be "a" problem and not "the" problem.

Get my drift? This team has a lot of problems.  To me the lack of a post game and the inability to rebound are huge.

My irritation stems from the people that act like Rondo is "the" problem

[/QUOTE]

RONDO is NOT the problem......The fact that DOC and Danny gave him the responsibility to "lead" this team and then call his own plays in game time is the" problem." He is a great athlete, but can't carry the load they gave him. That load is back on PP and KG and JT and that is why its so different now. Rondo wasn't ready for the gravity of the entire load. Not his fault.

Sections
Shortcuts