Rondo haters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Rondo haters

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Snake. I agree that Rondo is a top 10 PG.  He is not a horrible player.  He is a phenominal athlete with unique and gifted skills.  My problem with Rondo is that he does not a good fit for the Celtics on offense or defense, and I don't believe he is condusive to positive chemistry and effective leadership.

A good analogy would be today's game.  Bledseo is a very good breakout PG, but he is not effective running the Clippers offense.  They are losing badly without Paul running the offense and it has nothing to do with point production or statistics.  Its how he affects the distribution of the ball and entire flow of the Clippers offense.  I believe you will see him traded as a result.  

I don't disagree.

what drives me crazy are the people that actually think that without rondo this team is going to go deep in the playoffs.

It isn't enough for people to disparage his game, they have to act like without Rondo this team is amazing and with him this team is horrible.

Drives me crazy.

Not everyone is as negative as you lament, Snake.  Many are very balanced and realize that while Rondo is a tremendous talent and will certainly make us better in the playoffs, he is also a hindrance to the offense that Doc wants to run.   He PLEADS with Rondo to move the ball and he won't as he wants to dribble and control.  You have to admit that the Celtics move the ball better without Rondo.  We'll miss his rebounding and his drives, but not his matador d nor his holding the ball.

In a halfcourt playoff game, Rondo will be irreplacable.  But, in the meantime, we might just be a better team.   

Try to be balanced and objective in your analysis and you will see some of this.

I think I am balanced and objective. Again what bothers me are the people that act like the Celtics are now going to go 30 and 10 for the rest of the season simply beccause Rondo is gone.

the same people saying this now will be the same people freaking out when the Celtics lose 4 in a row later in the season.

Rondo is neither the answer or the problem. I have been saying that all along.

and thats where we disagree.  I do think Rondo is the problem.  He hampers our offensive ball movement and team flow, and chmistry, and he is a liability on defense.  You agreed earlier on these points.  How can that not be a problem?

He can be "a" problem and not "the" problem.

Get my drift? This team has a lot of problems.  To me the lack of a post game and the inability to rebound are huge.

My irritation stems from the people that act like Rondo is "the" problem

RONDO is NOT the problem......The fact that DOC and Danny gave him the responsibility to "lead" this team and then call his own plays in game time is the problem. He is a great athlete, but can't carry the load they gave him. That load is back on PP and KG and JT and that is why its so different now. Rondo wasn't ready for the gravity of the entire load. Not his fault.

[/QUOTE]

see wtf?

We actually agree.

ha.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Snake. I agree that Rondo is a top 10 PG.  He is not a horrible player.  He is a phenominal athlete with unique and gifted skills.  My problem with Rondo is that he does not a good fit for the Celtics on offense or defense, and I don't believe he is condusive to positive chemistry and effective leadership.

A good analogy would be today's game.  Bledseo is a very good breakout PG, but he is not effective running the Clippers offense.  They are losing badly without Paul running the offense and it has nothing to do with point production or statistics.  Its how he affects the distribution of the ball and entire flow of the Clippers offense.  I believe you will see him traded as a result.  

I don't disagree.

what drives me crazy are the people that actually think that without rondo this team is going to go deep in the playoffs.

It isn't enough for people to disparage his game, they have to act like without Rondo this team is amazing and with him this team is horrible.

Drives me crazy.

Not everyone is as negative as you lament, Snake.  Many are very balanced and realize that while Rondo is a tremendous talent and will certainly make us better in the playoffs, he is also a hindrance to the offense that Doc wants to run.   He PLEADS with Rondo to move the ball and he won't as he wants to dribble and control.  You have to admit that the Celtics move the ball better without Rondo.  We'll miss his rebounding and his drives, but not his matador d nor his holding the ball.

In a halfcourt playoff game, Rondo will be irreplacable.  But, in the meantime, we might just be a better team.   

Try to be balanced and objective in your analysis and you will see some of this.

I think I am balanced and objective. Again what bothers me are the people that act like the Celtics are now going to go 30 and 10 for the rest of the season simply beccause Rondo is gone.

the same people saying this now will be the same people freaking out when the Celtics lose 4 in a row later in the season.

and thats where we disagree.  I do think Rondo is the problem.  He hampers our offensive ball movement and team flow, and chmistry, and he is a liability on defense.  You agreed earlier on these points.  How can that not be a problem?

Get my drift? This team has a lot of problems.  To me the lack of a post game and the inability to rebound are huge.

[/QUOTE]WELL ???????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

I don't disagree.

Drives me crazy.

RONDO is NOT the problem......The fact that DOC and Danny gave him the responsibility to "lead" this team and then call his own plays in game time is the problem. He is a great athlete, but can't carry the load they gave him. That load is back on PP and KG and JT and that is why its so different now. Rondo wasn't ready for the gravity of the entire load. Not his fault.

see wtf?

We actually agree.

ha.

[/QUOTE]

Always did......just got off track a bit. ;-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Let's all hold hands and sing Kumbaya!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Let's all hold hands and sing Kumbaya!

Sing along with us Scubber!!!