Rondo hitting Free Throws.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Rondo hitting Free Throws.

So far this year Rondo is hitting 76% of his free throws and 34% of his three pointers. 

Good Solid shooting numbers.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Re: Rondo hitting Free Throws.

the odd thing about the free throws is he actually looks confident taking them.  Maybe he turned a corner mentally.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Wow.  You know things are bad when, we sit here and praise our team captain for making 76% of his free throws.  76% would be great for a Center.  76% for Rondo still blows.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

It's troubling that we have to have these types of discussions about Rondo...he's suppossed to be an established star, a vital building block to future success.....just when I think he MIGHT be turning some kind of maturity corner he pulls what he did after the Sacremento game...sorry, I was never a pro-Rondo guy but I cannot get all happy about a part of his game almost evey other PG in the league..in fact, in NBA history... has had absolutely no problem with...can't do it...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:

Wow.  You know things are bad when, we sit here and praise our team captain for making 76% of his free throws.  76% would be great for a Center.  76% for Rondo still blows.

Gosh I guess Jason Kidd should call his hall of fame career a distaster since he shot under 76% SIX times in his career.  and barely above it 3 or 4 other times. Oh wait nevermind, your idea of the best point guard in the league would be mike bibby. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

It's troubling that we have to have these types of discussions about Rondo...he's suppossed to be an established star, a vital building block to future success.....just when I think he MIGHT be turning some kind of maturity corner he pulls what he did after the Sacremento game...sorry, I was never a pro-Rondo guy but I cannot get all happy about a part of his game almost evey other PG in the league..in fact, in NBA history... has had absolutely no problem with...can't do it...

What's troubling about pointing out his only weakness as a player seems to no longer be an issue?

As for maturity, If I told you Rondo broke his hand, in a bar fight before the nba finals would you want to trade the guy for being immature? Be honest. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

What's troubling about pointing out his only weakness as a player seems to no longer be an issue?

As for maturity, If I told you Rondo broke his hand, in a bar fight before the nba finals would you want to trade the guy for being immature? Be honest. 

The finals...no, I'd fine him for stupidity!!!

The maturity issue is still unsettled...but lots of great players have played their entire careers with the maturity of a 10 year old, Iverson being one such example....I don't think immaturity alone is his issue...I think the dude needs to see a shrink...seriously..he's got issues...he wants to be THE boss...I just don't see that happening, not after l'affaire Birthday Party...that speaks of a deep down defiance issue, not solely an issue of maturity, and it may have had some purpose to it...who knows..but it wasn't good...

As for his s hooting, hope to God it's better...it had to get better...he's probably the worst s hooting "star" at PG in the NBA!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

The maturity issue is still unsettled...but lots of great players have played their entire careers with the maturity of a 10 year old, Iverson being one such example....I don't think immaturity alone is his issue...I think the dude needs to see a shrink...seriously..he's got issues...he wants to be THE boss...I just don't see that happening, not after l'affaire Birthday Party...that speaks of a deep down defiance issue, not solely an issue of maturity, and it may have had some purpose to it...who knows..but it wasn't good...

As for his s hooting, hope to God it's better...it had to get better...he's probably the worst s hooting "star" at PG in the NBA!

Actually he is one of the best if you count the number attempts and divide by the number that goes in. But in fairness for most of his career, that is ecause he is so quick he gets easy shots. Now he has an outside shot to go with it. As for maturity issues,

I don't think missing a game you wern't going to play in is as big as say injuring yourself in the finals in a drunken ball like Larry Bird did.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Actually he is one of the best if you count the number attempts and divide by the number that goes in. But in fairness for most of his career, that is ecause he is so quick he gets easy shots. Now he has an outside shot to go with it. As for maturity issues,

I don't think missing a game you wern't going to play in is as big as say injuring yourself in the finals in a drunken ball like Larry Bird did.

Oh, Bird was a dummy for that...but it was Bird...Larry Legend....Rondo ain't a legend...yet!

At least Rondo was with family...he didn't pull a Dave Cowens and spend the night on a park bench on the Common the night they won a championship....I love me some Dave C but that was just plain WIERD...Rondo ain't there yet, thank God!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I am not praising him. I am commenting on the fact that he is shooting free throws better than he ever has before.

Let me know your list of the other things I am not supposed to talk about.  Thanks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

So far this year Rondo is hitting 76% of his free throws and 34% of his three pointers. 

must be a conspiracy.

didn't you hear? Rondo's not even a top 40 point guard!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

great players improve. Rondo is a great player.

why didn't his FT% improve the first 7 years to any level greater than the 64.7% of his rook year?

i don't know why yoozes are jazzed about 34% for three's.  that means it's time to forget about the 3 if you can only hit 'em that efficiently

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Gosh I guess Jason Kidd should call his hall of fame career a distaster since he shot under 76% SIX times in his career.  and barely above it 3 or 4 other times. Oh wait nevermind, your idea of the best point guard in the league would be mike bibby. 

you are twisting and distorting.  kidd's career FT% was..............................  ?

and rondo's is...................  ??

rondo has never in his life crested 70% and kidd spent a couple years at the start of a 20 year career HIGHER in the 60%'s than rondo has EVER pulled for a year- and that was his worst!  get it?!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Louisio. Show Louisio's posts

This would be HUGE in my view if he could keep it up. I've always felt Rondo's FT struggles were a far more glaring weakness than his general FG mediocrity (especially from the outside) as the former number "artificially" holds down his FG numbers by (I would guess) making him psychologically less willing to drive to the basket. If his FT numbers are improved, his FG numbers should follow, by opening up high percentage shots.

Anyway, I've maintained and continue to maintain they should deal him if it makes the team better (you can say that about any player), but a fair value deal might not be easy to come by. And if not, a decent FT shooting Rondo is a far more welcome staple of Boston's roster than a Rondo who struggles in this area. Now maybe he can work on getting it up to 80% or better.

(Which reminds me, what is the history of players' ability to increase their FT shooting over the course of their careers? Anybody know? Without doing any resarch my quick take/recollection is that a major upwards movement in this stat over the course of a player's career isn't particularly common -- seems like guys who enter the league with this weakness tend to struggle from the charity stripe throughout their careers -- although maybe I'm wrong - and in any event I certainly hope I AM wrong on this score when it comes to Rajon).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

iverson never won a single thing ballhogging it up the way he did

no truly great players have been self focused (like rondo crafted his whole game / team tempo around stuffing his box score the last three years) and immature. 

you could name some immature or goofy players down through history who won it all but it was generally not their doing but others on their team who carried the load.

but g'head and prove me wrong- just give me some names.  not sidelight guys but spotlight guys who were "great" and immature like a 10 year old.  micheal ray richardson and the coke straw and hookers?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

KIDD career FT: 78%

RONDO career FT: 62.4% including his happy birthday streak of 3 games this year

so kidd was perhaps maybe 2 to 4 %age points under league average for FT%

and rondo remains damn near 20% under the league standard for the PG position for his career

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

25 FT attempts hardly a true measure.. but certainly cause for optimism in that regard alone

On the other hand, what happened to all those saying Rondo's numbers would explaode this season now that he'll be set free to dominate??

11 ppg  4 rpg  8 apg... all lower

Rondo is also shooting below the team averages in FG% and FT % and of course, leads the team in turnovers per game.

#GONDO... whoever thought this one up gets a gold star

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

25 FT attempts hardly a true measure.. but certainly cause for optimism in that regard alone

On the other hand, what happened to all those saying Rondo's numbers would explaode this season now that he'll be set free to dominate??

Rondo is also shooting below the team averages in FG% and FT % and of course, leads the team in turnovers per game.

Last year he played 37 minutes a game. This year he is playing 29 as he has just come back from an injury.

Per 36 minutes he is averaging 14 points 6 boards and 10 assists.

Use some critical thinking dude.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

Last year he played 37 minutes a game. This year he is playing 29 as he has just come back from an injury.

Doesnt work that way, sonny.

If you really want to extrapolate, then Im sure you can find some bench players who have extraordinary numbers when calculated over 48 mins... but it just doesnt work that way.

Rondo avgs 29 mins cause thats all the coach thinks hes worth. Another statistic that shows Rondo is becoming even less valuable

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

Doesnt work that way, sonny.

If you really want to extrapolate, then Im sure you can find some bench players who have extraordinary numbers when calculated over 48 mins... but it just doesnt work that way.

Rondo avgs 29 mins cause thats all the coach thinks hes worth. Another statistic that shows Rondo is becoming even less valuable

Uh no he was on a minutes restriction when he first came back because of health.  You didn't know that? 

Last 10 games he is averaging 35 minutes a game 15 points 10 assists 5 rebounds.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i see karl hasn't lost his fastball. who could possibly poke a hole into this grand statement?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

I really hope that Rondo has improved his FT shooting.
    But honestly, he is 19 of 25 = 76 %! Quite a small sample size.

With 3 misses more --> 16 of 25 he would be at his average of 64 %.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

I really hope that Rondo has improved his FT shooting.
    But honestly, he is 19 of 25 = 76 %! Quite a small sample size.

With 3 misses more --> 16 of 25 he would be at his average of 64 %.

Rondo had a hot streak early in the 2010 PO's  hitting 27 of 32 (84%) and then put icing on the cake by  shooting 25% in the Finals against the Lakers.

Just Rondo being Rondo..... his MO.

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts