Rondo hitting Free Throws.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Rondo hitting Free Throws.

[/QUOTE]

Doesnt work that way, sonny.

If you really want to extrapolate, then Im sure you can find some bench players who have extraordinary numbers when calculated over 48 mins... but it just doesnt work that way.

Rondo avgs 29 mins cause thats all the coach thinks hes worth. Another statistic that shows Rondo is becoming even less valuable

[/QUOTE]

I'm hardly a RR fan but this is just silly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It's troubling that we have to have these types of discussions about Rondo...he's suppossed to be an established star, a vital building block to future success.....just when I think he MIGHT be turning some kind of maturity corner he pulls what he did after the Sacremento game...sorry, I was never a pro-Rondo guy but I cannot get all happy about a part of his game almost evey other PG in the league..in fact, in NBA history... has had absolutely no problem with...can't do it...

[/QUOTE]

What's troubling about pointing out his only weakness as a player seems to no longer be an issue?

As for maturity, If I told you Rondo broke his hand, in a bar fight before the nba finals would you want to trade the guy for being immature? Be honest. 

[/QUOTE]

The finals...no, I'd fine him for stupidity!!!

The maturity issue is still unsettled...but lots of great players have played their entire careers with the maturity of a 10 year old, Iverson being one such example....I don't think immaturity alone is his issue...I think the dude needs to see a shrink...seriously..he's got issues...he wants to be THE boss...I just don't see that happening, not after l'affaire Birthday Party...that speaks of a deep down defiance issue, not solely an issue of maturity, and it may have had some purpose to it...who knows..but it wasn't good...

As for his s hooting, hope to God it's better...it had to get better...he's probably the worst s hooting "star" at PG in the NBA!

[/QUOTE]

iverson never won a single thing ballhogging it up the way he did

no truly great players have been self focused (like rondo crafted his whole game / team tempo around stuffing his box score the last three years) and immature. 

you could name some immature or goofy players down through history who won it all but it was generally not their doing but others on their team who carried the load.

but g'head and prove me wrong- just give me some names.  not sidelight guys but spotlight guys who were "great" and immature like a 10 year old.  micheal ray richardson and the coke straw and hookers?

[/QUOTE]

LMAO...Micheal Ray...man oh man...like a bad acid flashback.....

And I agree with you....time for a new PG

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you really want to extrapolate, then Im sure you can find some bench players who have extraordinary numbers when calculated over 48 mins... but it just doesnt work that way.

Rondo avgs 29 mins cause thats all the coach thinks hes worth. Another statistic that shows Rondo is becoming even less valuable

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I get accused of loving Rondo because I call people out when they say idiotic things. I don't care who Karl is talking about on this thread. He isn't making any sense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to basketbert's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I get accused of loving Rondo because I call people out when they say idiotic things. I don't care who Karl is talking about on this thread. He isn't making any sense.

[/QUOTE]

I feel for you. I am not a rondo apologist either, just a realist. Made a comment that even if rondo isn't Chris Paul, his performance over the years does not warrant the intense criticism I see here sometimes. In response, someone told me to go to a different board. Everyone's entitled to their opinion about tguy guy, but don't pretend it's objective from a performance perspective when it is clearly personal in some cases (and again, nothing wrong with just getting rubbed the wrong way by the guy, just own up to your motivations).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Guy just came back from a major injury ... let's ignore January's stats and go to February's numbers now that his minutes are up and he's back in game shape;

3 PT % = .400

FT % = .843

Now let's see if he can replicate these numbers in March or if he digresses back to his old self before passing judgement, ok?????

Practice, Practice, Practice .... Someone here was wrong again!!!

[/QUOTE]

Half way thru March, Rondo has shaken off the rust, his minutes are up, January stats never happened..... and he is shooting  (DRUM ROLL) for the month:

3PT% = .286

FT%   = .500

Has he digressed?  Tanked?

Is CapTripleDub playing possum?

Did POTUS tease R9R again causing him to lose his shooters swag?

If so, will it return before the next elections?

Pud

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"we sit here and praise our team captain for making 76% of his free throws.  76% would be great for a Center.  76% for Rondo still blows."

First off tossing team captain in there is irrelevant and more about your Rondo hate. I wouldn't have made Rondo captain but a captain can come from any position and free throws are not a criteria. Shaq had 8 yeas as a laker captain and couldn't shoot a free throw. Plenty of other examples. 

76 percent doesn't blow. It's not great, I'd say it's so-so, but two things: first, it could continue to get better. Second, the main thing is that Rondo is more confident at the line. The confidence matters more than the percentage. That may shock you but the problem was less the misses and more that he was not driving to the hole late in games as he was afraid of drawing contact. So, these are promising stats for him as a player, whether he is traded or not. We'll see.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"we sit here and praise our team captain for making 76% of his free throws.  76% would be great for a Center.  76% for Rondo still blows."

First off tossing team captain in there is irrelevant and more about your Rondo hate. I wouldn't have made Rondo captain but a captain can come from any position and free throws are not a criteria. Shaq had 8 yeas as a laker captain and couldn't shoot a free throw. Plenty of other examples. 

76 percent doesn't blow. It's not great, I'd say it's so-so, but two things: first, it could continue to get better. Second, the main thing is that Rondo is more confident at the line. The confidence matters more than the percentage. That may shock you but the problem was less the misses and more that he was not driving to the hole late in games as he was afraid of drawing contact. So, these are promising stats for him as a player, whether he is traded or not. We'll see.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe you better check the stat page before posting about how improved & confident Rondo seems at the FT line...

As of today, Rondo is shooting 63.5% from the line...but he looks so much more confident..

BTW, his FG% 37.5 and  3pt line 30%

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Guy just came back from a major injury ... let's ignore January's stats and go to February's numbers now that his minutes are up and he's back in game shape;

3 PT % = .400

FT % = .843

Now let's see if he can replicate these numbers in March or if he digresses back to his old self before passing judgement, ok?????

Practice, Practice, Practice .... Someone here was wrong again!!!

[/QUOTE]

Half way thru March, Rondo has shaken off the rust, his minutes are up, January stats never happened..... and he is shooting  (DRUM ROLL) for the month:

3PT% = .286

FT%   = .500

Has he digressed?  Tanked?

Is CapTripleDub playing possum?

Did POTUS tease R9R again causing him to lose his shooters swag?

If so, will it return before the next elections?

Pud

[/QUOTE]

My bad!!!!

Stats wrongdo.

For the month of March Madness, including last night's endeavor, Rondo is shooting a lofty:

3PT% = .250

FT%   = .438

Additional thought-provoking questions:

Could anyone have seen this coming?

Did anyone NOT see this coming?

Do bears wee wee in the woods?

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can certainly tell that Rondo looks more confident at the FT line. This is the most important thing.... his demeanor.

Forget percentages. Not important.

This is what he used to look like at the charity stripe confronting his deamons:

But nowadays.... a more confident, hopeful facial expression, positive expectations, eyes open, jaw relaxed, tongue no longer exposed:

Deamons have totally disappeared.

Vanquished.

Mind over matter.

See what I mean?

C-L-A-N-K!!!!!

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

rondo fatigue?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

[QUOTE]

You can certainly tell that Rondo looks more confident at the FT line. This is the most important thing.... his demeanor.

Forget percentages. Not important.

This is what he used to look like at the charity stripe confronting his deamons:

But nowadays.... a more confident, hopeful facial expression, positive expectations, eyes open, jaw relaxed, tongue no longer exposed:

Deamons have totally disappeared.

Vanquished.

Mind over matter.

See what I mean?

C-L-A-N-K!!!!!

Pud

[/QUOTE]

The lines you have highlighted remind me of those old canon commercials Andre Agassi used to do where 'image was everything'. This was before he actually won anything. Andre proved that he actually had the goods(he was Bird to Sampras's Magic).

Can RR do the same or just be a 21st pick that got lucky?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

[QUOTE]

So far this year Rondo is hitting 76% of his free throws and 34% of his three pointers. 

Good Solid shooting numbers.  

[/QUOTE]

That's the beauty of small samples.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It's troubling that we have to have these types of discussions about Rondo...he's suppossed to be an established star, a vital building block to future success.....just when I think he MIGHT be turning some kind of maturity corner he pulls what he did after the Sacremento game...sorry, I was never a pro-Rondo guy but I cannot get all happy about a part of his game almost evey other PG in the league..in fact, in NBA history... has had absolutely no problem with...can't do it...

[/QUOTE]

What's troubling about pointing out his only weakness as a player seems to no longer be an issue?

As for maturity, If I told you Rondo broke his hand, in a bar fight before the nba finals would you want to trade the guy for being immature? Be honest. 

[/QUOTE]

Well the troubling issue seems to have returned but our thread starter seems to have disappeared.

No doubt he entered the fed's Witness Protection Program....

...AGAIN!!!

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I think it's cute Pud doesn't know how to spell the word "demon".

The point of the thread, which was started three weeks ago, was that Rondo was shooting better from the line.

He no longer is.

Yawn.