rondo in the heat huddle-priceless

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

rondo in the heat huddle-priceless

watching rondo try to steal some info during the heat's on-court huddle yesterday was just priceless!

he clearly is the little guy at that the playground who will do ANYTHING to get an advantage.  he may not be the perfect player, but he is the ultimate competitor.

how can any celtics fan not love this guy?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: rondo in the heat huddle-priceless

I don't love the guy... but I loved his "Dennis the Menacing" impersonation hanging around the Heat huddle.

It showed a KG-like maniacal side that I hadn't seen before....

Actually I just might love the guy... if he were a bench player instead of the starting PG.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: rondo in the heat huddle-priceless:
    I don't love the guy... but I loved his "Dennis the Menacing" impersonation hanging around the Heat huddle. It showed a KG-like maniacal side that I hadn't seen before.... Actually I just might love the guy... if he were a bench player instead of the starting PG. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

If he was a bench player, then we would be losing more games.  What would you do then?  Who would you bash?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: rondo in the heat huddle-priceless : If he was a bench player, then we would be losing more games.  What would you do then?  Who would you bash?
    Posted by OneOnOne

Lose more games with a more fundamentally solid, less erratic  starting PG???

Surrounded by 4 HOFers?

I'll take my chances.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from markp99. Show markp99's posts

Rondo - The New Spy-Gate!

Pesky to LeBron all day.  We loved it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pine8ball. Show pine8ball's posts

Tell us who is going to give us what Rondo gives us?? He is the general of this team and makes it go. When will you guys get off his back? Start riding some of the hall of famers that give us a good game from time to time. No Rondo yesterday vs. the Heat and no WIN!!!!!! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pineball,
    I can't believe these Rondo naysayers can continue on with all Rondo does to help this team win.  He is the most valuable player on the team. Without him and some fundamentally solid player instead as Pud suggests we would lose all the energy Rondo supplies.

He is the energy source for this team as Doc said yesterday. Without him we die.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Dudder I mean Puddin seems to think leading the league in assists, steals and triple/doubles aren't redeemable qualities for a point guard... priceless.  

But then again with the "big three" any point guard in the league could do it right?  
    Ask Carlos Arroyo...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

is there anywhere to watch the footage?...missed it....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from markp99. Show markp99's posts

Linky:

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

the best part of that whole thing was van grundy the prude saying how "wrong" it was and jackson couldn't hold back that he'd do the same thing if he had thought of it.  why not?  it WAS NOT an official time out.

rondo got into lebron's kitchen yesterday even if he couldn't stop him in the post.  to see the queen with his back turned to the basket 30 plus feet away trying to do "playmaking" was hilarious.  i say we do this more and more.  james and wade can't do everything and bosh will continue to just be as soft as he can be.

but bosh WILL NOT shoot 8-11 every night or even most nights.  w/o bosh's soft jumpers raining down this was an extreme blowout.  and i loved it even as close as it was. 

mike miller looked like a fool.  kept being propped up as an ace shoooter by the commentators and he went 1-6 on wide open shots and passed up another 3 or 4 wide open shot- the guy makes work for other players by avoiding taking his shots!

overall, a great game.  rondo in the huddle was super.  you could tell none of them were listening because they were busy swatting away the fly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: rondo in the heat huddle-priceless : Lose more games with a more fundamentally solid, less erratic  starting PG??? Surrounded by 4 HOFers? I'll take my chances. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Luckily for this team you won't take your chances. I'm glad we have doc who knows what he is doing, instead of someone, who for reasons beyond explanation thinks benching one of the best point guards in the NBA, a two time All start at 24, somehow improves our chances to win.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I think it was another example of Rondo;s extreme competitiveness and willingness to do the "dirty" work necessary to get into people's heads...
    Lebrons had no answer, except to "take over", and show you up, 1 against 5 and that's exactly what we want...the rest of their team standing and watching...sound familiar? Rondo said" its my speed against his height", and if it works 50% of the time, it disrupts their game plan..Once again, defense against offense, and we know all too well what that means in the big games and in the playoffs...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lilo13. Show Lilo13's posts

if you're a rondo-hater...unless you're not a celtics' fan...you've got problems. That guy is the glue of team. He's a hustler and see things the rest of them don't or might miss. Peeking in the heat's huddle to see what they were up to hilarious & priceless. We have an amazing group of players on our CELTICS team...that guy is definitley a top knotch. There is 3 peas in a pod...rondo's the pod. It's about knowing your place and he does...the POINT GUARD!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bopaticuns. Show bopaticuns's posts

Rajon's attemped huddle-highjacking was hilarious!  They kept shoving him away and he just kept dipping back in.  Between that and Big Baby's - ah - Not Top Ten moment, I don't think I have ever belly laughed so much during an NBA game.  Thank God for tivo!! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

lets not forget his tenacity on the defensive end, that no doubt had a impact on the game.  
    • www.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/paul-flannery/2011/02/13/three-pointer-rajon-rondo-sees-things-othe">Paul Flannery, WEEI: “[Rajon] Rondo not only changed the dynamic of the game between the Celtics and Heat Sunday afternoon in a blistering third quarter, he also single-[handedly] invented a new wrinkle in this evolving matchup when he picked up LeBron James fullcourt. Rondo knew he had to change something because the Celtics were operating in such a low gear that they were fortunate to have scored 39 points in the first half. They scored 35 in the third quarter, on just 21 possessions, and held Miami to 18 points. ‘The only way I could do that was try to put pressure the ball because Mario [Chalmers] wasn’t bring the ball up the court,’ Rondo said. Instead, he got LeBron. To be clear, this wasn’t part of the gameplan. [Celtics assistant] Lawrence Frank, for one, turned to [Doc] Rivers and said, ‘We can’t do this.’ But Rondo pressed on, hounding James up the court, keeping the Heat out of their offensive sets and rhythm and changing everything, really.”

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: rondo in the heat huddle-priceless : Luckily for this team you won't take your chances. I'm glad we have doc who knows what he is doing, instead of someone, who for reasons beyond explanation thinks benching one of the best point guards in the NBA, a two time All start at 24, somehow improves our chances to win.
    Posted by jtkl

Somebody that looks like Rondo must have rejected puddings advances. What concerns me, from a mental health perspective ,is his tenacity in adhering to a discredited belief system

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

thanks for the link, Rondo is certifiably insane...love it!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

In Response to Re: rondo in the heat huddle-priceless : Somebody that looks like Rondo must have rejected puddings advances. What concerns me, from a mental health perspective ,is his tenacity in adhering to a discredited belief system
    Posted by jrleftfoot

ahahahahahahaaaaa

Sections
Shortcuts