Rondo injury hurts..here is my plan to get us on track.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

Rondo injury hurts..here is my plan to get us on track.

Pierce and KG deserve to play for a contender or just retire gracefully on their own terms. We give KG and Pierce the option to retire or trade. If they opt for trade then the trades should meet one of two criteria: invovle cap relief plus lottery picks or promising talent to build around rondo

This becomes tricky because we SHOULD only deal them to a playoff contender. With that said, here are my ideas: Pierce for harrison barnes or gay works. KG to OKC for Kevin Martin and Toronto's draft picks works.

Rondo is a fighter and im sure he will come back from this, but were looking at a terrible season next year unless we have cap space to sign some free agents. Perhaps go after O.J Mayo and Josh Smith.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

Re: Rondo injury hurts..here is my plan to get us on track.

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to James37's comment:

Pierce and KG deserve to play for a contender or just retire gracefully on their own terms. We give KG and Pierce the option to retire or trade. If they opt for trade then the trades should meet one of two criteria: invovle cap relief plus lottery picks or promising talent to build around rondo

This becomes tricky because we SHOULD only deal them to a playoff contender. With that said, here are my ideas: Pierce for harrison barnes or gay works. KG to OKC for Kevin Martin and Toronto's draft picks works.

Rondo is a fighter and im sure he will come back from this, but were looking at a terrible season next year unless we have cap space to sign some free agents. Perhaps go after O.J Mayo and Josh Smith.

OKC needs Pierce more than KG. They already have Perk, Ibaka, and Collison. If they trade Martin then they'll need another SG/SF who can score. 

Pierce to OKC makes more sense.

KG doesn't have to be traded. He can stay for 1 more season to mentor Fab Melo and Sully.

Nice points. The problem is KG did not sign up for a rebuild. Trade them both or dont touch them and let them retire at the end of the season is really there only option. But I wonder if ther retire how much of their contract goes agaisnt our cap?

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

We have green a big be better

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

KG better off playing because Celts will still get a cap hit for the full amounteven if KG retires.

[/QUOTE]

wow, that's nuts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

take a breath guys.....lets a take  few games and see how this team (without Rondo) plays.

we are 3-3 with Rondo out this year

8-5 last year.

we have FOUR guards that have played big minutes in the NBA

Bradley

Lee

Terry

Barbosa

lets see how Doc /the team do without Rondo for a few more games, please.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma09. Show scauma09's posts

The problem is this team wouldn't have done much even if Rondo remained healthy all year. They have a few good pieces, but the team itself isn't constructed well. I do agree that you talk to Garnett and Pierce, if both say they want to stay and see what happens, discussion over. If either or both say they're open to potential trades, than do everything you can to get younger, more talented, and clear up both roster and cap space. Gay is a no brainer if Memphis would bite. A line up of Rondo-Gay-Green-Sullinger and a center wouldn't be bad at all next year. Even better if that center is KG. One of Terry, Barbosa, or Lee has to go, to much redundancy at the position. The NBA is a legue for stars, and no current player, outside Rondo can be considered a current star.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Actually the team will do fine without Rondo. The Celts will still make the playoffs. But we're talking about the Boston Celtics here, just making the playoffs is not good enough. 

Can the Celtics win a championship this season with KG and Pierce as the #1 and #2 option? No!

[/QUOTE]

we were not going to win a championship this year anyway....haven't you been watching the games?

next years draft is considered VERY weak..why get lottery picks for bad players?

trading OLD players will get you BAD players with lousy contracts back.

we're not going to sudddenly find some GM give us McHale and Parish for Joe Barry Carroll.

More likey we would be on the BAD end of  that deal today.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I would think a team like the Clippers would be a fit for PP.  He gets to play in his hometown for a team that could use a surefire big game SF who will thrive in the playoffs.  Not sure what the Clips could offer to make salaries match.  Butler, another body and picks? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma09. Show scauma09's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

I would think a team like the Clippers would be a fit for PP.  He gets to play in his hometown for a team that could use a surefire big game SF who will thrive in the playoffs.  Not sure what the Clips could offer to make salaries match.  Butler, another body and picks? 

Could say the same for the Lakers, and we know PP wanted to go there after college.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Pierce's two-way play at crunch time against Miami was stellar, and as a reward, he gets traded?  Who would have been in Pierce's role if he had not been here?  Jeff Green woke up, team defense was outstanding, and silly turnovers made the game closer than it should have been.  I'm not in favor of blowing up the team just yet, and trading Pierce would be the fuse for the explosion. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Lakers have no shot at winning it all, the Clips do.  The only way PP leaves Boston is to play for a contender.

In response to scauma09's comment:

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Could say the same for the Lakers, and we know PP wanted to go there after college.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Whats the big deal with life without Rondo?????.... The last six games lost were with Rondo... Celtic can win or lose just a well without him. When was the last real good center that played for the Celtics? Instead of building from the outside in try from the center spot out. Iwould trade the whole team for a center. They are old,slow, and going nowhere fast. So life without Rondo is not the problem.It might even give them a chance to dump KG and PP....

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

It may all be moot if Dooling comes back - he could help and be a stop-gap

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

Whats the big deal with life without Rondo?????.... The last six games lost were with Rondo... Celtic can win or lose just a well without him. When was the last real good center that played for the Celtics? Instead of building from the outside in try from the center spot out. Iwould trade the whole team for a center. They are old,slow, and going nowhere fast. So life without Rondo is not the problem.It might even give them a chance to dump KG and PP....

So then what center (of the few that exist) do you go after to build around?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

If the team is going to rally around defensive intensity, which is what they did yesterday, then they need to give Fab Mello a chance. Two reasons: 1) they need to grap boards after stops, lost the offensive boards badly to Heat yesterday and Heat are note bangers, imagine how they will get outrebounded against bigger Western teams, 2) need to have someone you can shot block against some of the excellent dribble penetrators around the league from Westbrook to Paul to Rose, Irving, etc.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to donrd4's comment:

So then what center (of the few that exist) do you go after to build around?

You are right !  What i'm trying to say is YEARS have past since celtics had a center to build around. Heck... They should have traded their whole team for Camby ! way back then ...