Rondo is A Diva

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: Rondo is A Diva

In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : He had one great game without Rose in there.  Let's see if he can put together a few and you can yell at me as well.  I want him to play well every game, but in case you have not been watching he has not.   He needs to perform as he did up until Feb. of 2011 where his game went south. The Big Three have fallen off so he has to step it up.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    nobody's yelling, concord, but perhaps italics would have been a better way to stress my point.

i understand your and others' frustrations w/ rondo. i do. age is taking away the current roster's ability to mesh w/ his strengths, and it gets ugly at times. but if rondo stays - as i hope he does - that issue will begin to rectify itself next year (or possibly in march) as younger, faster, more athletic complimentary pieces are brought in.

let yesterday be nothing more or less than a reminder why some of us are still in his corner.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

Objective Assessment of Rondo:  Who cares if he talks to reporters or not after every game? Maybe he was in the mood to let his game speak for itself and what a great game he had. I think too many posters forget about the impact of the other 4 players with Rondo at any given time. The exciting running, energetic Celtic play took place when Wilcox and Johnson were willing to bust their butts and beat their men down the floor thus leading to key fast break passes from Rondo. But Rondo can't push the ball up the floor for a 1 on 5 fast break when he is waiting on the aging veterans to make it into the front court. IMHO, Rondo can be dominating when there are three or four others with energry on the court, e.g. Wilcox, Johnson, Bass, Pietrus, and even Pavlovic. Perhaps Bradley and/or Brown are the point guards to play with the vets who are better suited to run a half-court offense. Opinions?

p.s. Let's hope the Bullies are Rose-less on Thursday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Mj took seven years to win a championship..People were saying things about him too. He can't pass, he does'nt make his teamates better..blah,blah...
    All Rondo needs to do is sink the mid range once in a while and som ft's..he HAS NOT reached his peak, by any mean.... Lebrains chokes in the 4th, is he not a great player???

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : Reporting the news is Rondo stealing my lunch money? Why are you guys censuring me?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Because 80% of your posts are about the same thing and you post 100 times a day!   Move on, man, move on!  There are lots of other things to talk about other than criticizing EVERY Rondo bad play and EVERY negative Rondo stat and EVERY negative Rondo article and EVERY Rondo trade rumor.

You're fixated.  You need help.  Go see a shrink or something.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

32PTs 15 dishes and 10 boards! Can Celtics get any more Diva's

All great players are a little quirky...thats what makes them great to we lesser mortals...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : 2010 LA Lakers!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]
    Apparently you didn't watch the Finals in which killed us in Game Three.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : nobody's yelling, concord, but perhaps italics would have been a better way to stress my point. i understand your and others' frustrations w/ rondo. i do. age is taking away the current roster's ability to mesh w/ his strengths, and it gets ugly at times. but if rondo stays - as i hope he does - that issue will begin to rectify itself next year (or possibly in march) as younger, faster, more athletic complimentary pieces are brought in. let yesterday be nothing more or less than a reminder why some of us are still in his corner.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]
    Your conclusion is valid.  Each time he does the game breaking things that are unique to him you question the idea that we would be better off without him. I certainly don't have an clear idea of what has happened to him other than he is a victim of the big three declining in their play and adjustments made on him by opposing teams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]Ray Allen, and I’ve loved him, might interest LA as they don’t  have any outside shooters other than Kobe as Artest and Fisher are past their prime…Ray is too but he’s still a dead on 3 pt shooter when open. Would they take Ray, JO, Bass & a draft pick for Gasol ?[/QUOTE]

Without Ray the Cs are a mediocre 3-point shooting team as well. No comparison to the mavs last year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Spot on that Rondo needs youthful running mates to compliment his game. The sad thing, the Cs have that youth and talent. But Doc refuses to buy in and play them. The Cs when healthy don't put out their best 5. Doc goes loyal with the starting 5. Sorry, its time to start the best 5 and mix in that youth. It will only assist Rondo strengths. But don't get to overexcited about last night. The Bulls were missing key players. Rondo's biggest problem is his diva attitude on the court. You just never know which Rondo is going to show up. If he could just play hard every night, then yes he would be an elite PG. He is just too inconsistent. Some of that blame in on Doc though.

Now as far as adding Gasol to the C's, wow that would improve this team tremendously. He can score and rebound. He is a smart player. Hard worker. Team player. He killed the C's in that final quarter with his tip-ins. But if you are going to trade Ray, Bass, JO and some other junk for Gasol. Not happening. Rondo might make that trade happen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : Bad example. With Michael and Scottie in the lineup, the Bulls could have won with me at PG.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Although you are accurate in your comments regarding your addition to the Bull's championship runs(perhaps a lil mo fo, fo, fo w/ your addition) I think it also reinforces the point that a superlative point guard is not imperative to a championship...Add the Spurs w/ Avery Johnson & our own  DJ/Ainge combo and even the Blazer's team of yore...I believe the main point is that one of the Big 4 has to be moved in order to move forward...Everyone has their favorites who they consider untouchable but a change in chemistry is needed... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Rondo is A Diva:
    [QUOTE]http://www.redsarmy.com/home/2012/02/your-morning-dump-where-9-was-edgy.html#more Rondo was not so great to watch after the game. Cloaked in a towel, he came to his locker several times while a large group of reporters waited to ask him his thoughts. He said nothing, then disappeared into the trainer’s room. Then he came out to get something to drink. Then he disappeared again. This went on for more than an hour until longtime Celtics publicist Jeff Twiss announced that Rondo did not feel like talking. The kid is a diva. I know it sounds silly to call him that when he can play basketball with a dislocated elbow, but it's the truth .

Rondo is, as I have said many times in this forum, also the best point guard in the Association, bar none.  I don't have to regurgitate his stats for you, but a few salient ones you may want to ponder are 32 points, 15 assists, and 10 rebounds!!!  The free throw shooting, the outside shots, the steals, the assists-turnover ratio are all indicative of the best.  How many triple doubles for the pretenders -- DRose, DWill, CP3, whatever the fella's name is in OKC, old as Steve Nash, JKidd, et al?  Did anyone hear what Tom Thibodeau or Paul Pierce had to say? (See below)

Chicago coach Tom Thibodeau, who watched Rondo up close for several seasons as a Celtics assistant, said, “Rondo’s a great player. Even if you are defending him well, he still has the ability to make great plays.’’

Celtics captain Paul Pierce added, “When he’s assertive, aggressive, the way he plays, the way he played tonight, we’re a tough team to stop. When he’s out in transition, pushing the ball, taking the shots right there, the mid-range, rebounding, he’s just all energy. He’s one of those guys when he plays with a lot of energy, he’s so tough ’cause he can rebound the ball well. He just did it all. He was great to watch.’’

Love it when a plan comes together.  Enough said for now about the "best point guard in the Association, bar none."  Banner #18 will hang in the Garden in June!!!!!!!!!!

As Always,

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gatorfan5. Show gatorfan5's posts

To those saying Rondo isn't clutch... did he not hav a triple-double Sunday against the Bulls, including 4 clutch free-throws towards the end of the 4th quarter, to help clinch a win for the Celtics?  It looked pretty clutch to me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]To those saying Rondo isn't clutch... did he not hav a triple-double Sunday against the Bulls, including 4 clutch free-throws towards the end of the 4th quarter, to help clinch a win for the Celtics?  It looked pretty clutch to me.
    Posted by gatorfan5[/QUOTE]

You hit the nail on the head, unlike many who whine about him not speaking to the press.

As Always,

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : Because 80% of your posts are about the same thing and you post 100 times a day!   Move on, man, move on!  There are lots of other things to talk about other than criticizing EVERY Rondo bad play and EVERY negative Rondo stat and EVERY negative Rondo article and EVERY Rondo trade rumor. You're fixated.  You need help.  Go see a shrink or something.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I already told him that!!  If the truth be told, he hates all the Celtics except Pierce, he is nothing more than a Pierce cup sniffer!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In Response to Rondo is A Diva:
    [QUOTE]http://www.redsarmy.com/home/2012/02/your-morning-dump-where-9-was-edgy.html#more Rondo was not so great to watch after the game. Cloaked in a towel, he came to his locker several times while a large group of reporters waited to ask him his thoughts. He said nothing, then disappeared into the trainer’s room. Then he came out to get something to drink. Then he disappeared again. This went on for more than an hour until longtime Celtics publicist Jeff Twiss announced that Rondo did not feel like talking. The kid is a diva. I know it sounds silly to call him that when he can play basketball with a dislocated elbow, but it's the truth .

Good for him.  I'd snub the talking heads too at this point.  He spoke loudly with a great game and earned the right not to talk about trade nonsense with the "fellowship of the miserable".  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : nobody's yelling, concord, but perhaps italics would have been a better way to stress my point. i understand your and others' frustrations w/ rondo. i do. age is taking away the current roster's ability to mesh w/ his strengths, and it gets ugly at times. but if rondo stays - as i hope he does - that issue will begin to rectify itself next year (or possibly in march) as younger, faster, more athletic complimentary pieces are brought in. let yesterday be nothing more or less than a reminder why some of us are still in his corner.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

Yesterday gave us a glimpse of how good they can be in transition with Rondo once the team has a few runners.  Green and JJ are a start.  T.A. would have been a good fit at the 2 with Green and JJ at the 3 and 4.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

He can be a Diva if he plays like he did last night. First cs player to put up 30pts 15asst 10rebs since larry did it in 1987. 25 YEARS AGO.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]Objective Assessment of Rondo:  Who cares if he talks to reporters or not after every game? Maybe he was in the mood to let his game speak for itself and what a great game he had. I think too many posters forget about the impact of the other 4 players with Rondo at any given time. The exciting running, energetic Celtic play took place when Wilcox and Johnson were willing to bust their butts and beat their men down the floor thus leading to key fast break passes from Rondo. But Rondo can't push the ball up the floor for a 1 on 5 fast break when he is waiting on the aging veterans to make it into the front court. IMHO, Rondo can be dominating when there are three or four others with energry on the court, e.g. Wilcox, Johnson, Bass, Pietrus, and even Pavlovic. Perhaps Bradley and/or Brown are the point guards to play with the vets who are better suited to run a half-court offense. Opinions? p.s. Let's hope the Bullies are Rose-less on Thursday.
    Posted by hondorondo[/QUOTE]

totally agree.  Give him some guys that will hustle and run, lots of good things can happen.  That was exciting to watch yesterday.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Fierce is pathetic...haha..i understand though..when a guy has a game like he did yesterday i guess the only thing you can do is jump on the site and complain about him not talking to the media after the game.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : I'm pathetic?  I'm just reporting the news, what's wrong with that? You love Rondo so much that when you hear the song "I will always love you" you are reminded of Rondo and not Whitney Houston. 

good one..i must be talking to a high schooler.

why is it that after every game you make a post about one of 3 things. Rondo, Pau Gasol, or Rondo? 95% of those posts are complaints about Rondo in SOME way..yet every post you make sure to say "im not a Rondo hater but.." so Rondo puts up a performance yesterday where he is doing all the things you say he cant do (shoot jumpshots, hit free throws), so what do you do? run to the computer to complain that he is a diva bc he didnt feel like speaking to the media after the game. really?

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : Check my posts yesterday, I said Rondo was great yesterday. But today I found that article saying Rondo is a diva. I just reported the news.

Are u a reporter?