1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: Rondo is A Diva

Rondo, let's see...

scored in the 4th....check

made free throws....check

made jumpers...check

most rebounds...check

four clutch free throws to redeem himslef from two turnovers and PP turnovers...check

BUT HE'S A DIVA.....

Get F34 a job over at WEEI.....

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Just reporting the news. I mean we're not allowed to report the news, good or bad?"

Umm you didn't just report the news, you slanted it. Again, I'm ok that you have a problem with Rondo, but I'm on the verge of putting you on ignore because it has turned into a crusade. 

Rondo has not always handled media stuff in a mature manner to say the least, but one thing you neglected to mention in your slanted posted is that he did handle the Chris Paul trade rumors in a very professional way. Doesn't mean he's perfect but for the sake of balance...

" The Celts are just one big man away from being elite."

And that's where we disagree. First, there is no big man out there that would  have that impact for us that I know of, certainly not one we can obtain with Rondo. And second, we are two players away from being elite without Rondo. You think because Pierce handled the ball for a few games and Bradely played decent that's enough? Umm no. 

I hope a Rondo trade for a big DOES go through just so you can see how wrong you are

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Rondo was feeLin it on Sunday. Played out of his mind and won that game -- period. Would trade him in three way to end up with Verajaoo, Fakers get him, and LakeMistakers get Llama. Otherwise, keep him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva:
    In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : I tell you, if we get a Pau Gasol, Chris Kaman, or a Gortat, we are elite! We're a great defensive team and an excellent shooting team. The Mavs were an old team last year and basically the same team from the year before. When they added Tyson Chandler they became champs! And I promise you, if Rondo is still a Celtic after the trade deadline, I will not criticize Rondo anymore.
    Posted by Fiercest34

That's right.

Fierce promises to hold his nose and look the other way no matter how bad R9R stinks it up in the future, just like he did for years...

That is... until recently when the wind direction changed and Fierce is suddenly front running...

Fierce is quite the chameleon.

UGH!!!

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : MJ and the Bulls won with Ron Harper and Steve Kerr at PG. Like I said, one step at a time. The hard part is trading Rondo. Once we get the big we need we go for a PG at the trade deadline.
    Posted by Fiercest34

The Bulls and the Lakers won because they had Jordan and to a lesser extent Kobe. We don't have that kind of player and need team passing to get shots. We need someone at the point who can score as well as someone up front who can rebound.

Hopefully the Celtics will be mindful of both those needs as they will surface as soon as Rondo is gone(if and when).

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : That's right. Fierce promises to hold his nose and look the other way no matter how bad R9R stinks it up in the future, just like he did for years... That is... until recently when the wind direction changed and Fierce is suddenly front running... Fierce is quite the chameleon. UGH!!! Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

good grief.

would a little recognition be asking too much, people? and after all you've sacrificed with your good intentions, puddinpuddin. maybe fierce could use a secretary if you wouldn't chafe at the long hours.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : Rondo already reached his full potential. JaJuan Johnson, in a worst case scenario, would be a solid starting PF. I mean what's not to like? He's a defensive player, good perimeter shooter, he's tall enough at 6-10, and he's athletic. He'll only get better with more playing time.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Rondo's reached his full potential??? He's 25 years old and in his fifth season!!
    Johnson, by the way, is only two years younger.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : If Rondo will do what he did against the Bulls every game, or in most of the games, then I will be the first one who will say don't trade Rondo. The problem is Rondo getting 30-10-10 in a game only happens once every season.  You forgot to say that Rondo missed all his 4 field goal attempts in the 4th qtr.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Fierce, listen to yourself! You're complaining that Rondo only goes 30-10-10 once a season?!? That's one more time than Kobe and Lebron have done it this year combined.
    (And before you ask, no, I'm not comparing his greatness to theirs. Just pointing out how absurd that is).

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : Rondo will be 26 years old next week and he's in year 6 of his career.  JaJuan Johnson is a rookie. Rookies usually show their potential in the first 3 years of their career. By year 4 or year 5 we will already know what kind of player they will turn out to be. You know of any NBA player that was a poor FT shooter in his first 5 years in the NBA and suddenly became a good FT shooter the rest of his career?
    Posted by Fiercest34

I'm sure if I researched www.basketball-reference.com for an hour I'd come up with an example, but I'll grant you it's unlikely Rondo will ever be an 80-percent free throw shooter. I'd be happy if he could get it up to 70, which I think is possible.
    But as for Rondo reaching his full potential by 25, I don't buy that for a second. Can you honeslty say you knew Steve Nash was going to be a Hall of Famer when he was 25?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : You're missing the point. One 30-10-10 game doesn't win you a championship. In the NBA it's all about consistency.  KG went 28-18 in Game 3, against the Heat in the playoffs, last year and we won. But that was the only game we won against the Heat in that series. In the other 4 games KG failed to score at least 20 points. Get it? 
    Posted by Fiercest34

I didn't miss the point. You didn't make it. Had you worded it that way in the first place, I wouldn't have argued.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : The point is from day 1 Nash was already a very good 3pt shooter and FT shooter. That part of his game has never changed. Rondo is already a great PG. But you're implying that Rondo still has not reached his full potential. Are you saying he will still become a good shooter outside 15 feet? That Rondo will develop a 3pt shot? And Rondo will become a 70% FT shooter? Remember, Rondo is in year 6. The only reason why Rondo is still young, even if he's in year 6, is because he left school early.
    Posted by Fiercest34

I'm saying the jury's still out on whether he's reached his full potential. Two, three, four years down the road, it might turn out that you're right. But at the moment, you're NBC calling Florida at 8:01.

You and I go back and forth on Rondo, mainly because I feel the need to defend him from your constant barrage. But I don't believe he walks on water. He does gamble too much on defense, he is too inconsistent, and he makes me scream from the FT line. Still, given all those imperfections, I consider him one of the best four or five overall point guards in the league. He's capable of amazing stuff (like Sunday).

I agree wholeheartedly that he absolutely must get better from the free throw line. Honestly, that's by far the biggest complaint I have. As my dad told me at an early age, there's no excuse in missing a free throw.

As I said once before, I'm OK with dealing him ... but not for the sake of dealing him.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

The Lakers will not trade Gasol.  Lakers's problem is just a PG.  And the Celtics's program is the center.  By having two teams to trade players to fix the problem, then they will have problem on the other end such as Celtics will have no PG to run the team and the Lakers will struggle scoring points in the paint area.  Who know that Bynum will get hurt again.  Bynum is an often injure proned player!!  Do you think the Lakers are dumb enough to trade away healthy Gasol at the same time to keep Bynum?

Come on, leave the Celtics team alone and see what happen from now to the end.  If they on the pace to make the playoff barely, I would purposely miss the playoff where the Celtics can try to end up getting the top five lottery pick.  

Then the Celtics can build the team with two first round picks, and the $$$$$ to spend on free agency!!!   That is a much easier path to build a good team for the next many years!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : What are you so worried about? If what you're saying is true then Rondo will remain a Celtic. Are you so afraid about what I say might come true? Remember, the Lakers traded Gasol and Odom for CP3. That's 2 of their best big men for 1 PG. Lakers will have a problem scoring? You really think a team that has Kobe Bryant will have a hard time scoring?
    Posted by Fiercest34

When Kobe saw Odom was traded to Houston, Kobe was so devastated!!!  Also since the trade never happen between the N.O. and the Lakers, Kobe didnt say a word about it.  So I am sure that Kobe would be upset and will be mouthing off at the front office about it if the trade happened!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : Rondo will be 26 years old next week and he's in year 6 of his career.  JaJuan Johnson is a rookie. Rookies usually show their potential in the first 3 years of their career. By year 4 or year 5 we will already know what kind of player they will turn out to be. You know of any NBA player that was a poor FT shooter in his first 5 years in the NBA and suddenly became a good FT shooter the rest of his career?
    Posted by Fiercest34

Jason Kidd shot in the 60s his first four years and increased to 79% in year 5

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : What are you so worried about? If what you're saying is true then Rondo will remain a Celtic. Are you so afraid about what I say might come true? Remember, the Lakers traded Gasol and Odom for CP3. That's 2 of their best big men for 1 PG. Lakers will have a problem scoring? You really think a team that has Kobe Bryant will have a hard time scoring?
    Posted by Fiercest34

Yes... big topic of conversation here in LA... they lakers have trouble scoring... barely reached 100 in maybe 4 of their games this year.....

Sections
Shortcuts