Rondo is a ELITE point guard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Rondo is a ELITE point guard

Not 100% sure but I think if Rondo gets double digit assists tonight he will be in 3rd place all time in consecutive games double digits.  I think he would pass Stockton for third with only Stock and Magic ahead of him.  No its not Paul or Deron or Rose thats doing this,  it is our very own Rondo.  Imagine we still have people around here raggin on this guy.  Don't know what you got until its gone!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Rondo is a ELITE point guard

He has weaknesses in his game but like it or not he is the best player on the team at this point in his career,

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

...........like DUDDER, I WILL TAKE JENNINGS OVER RONDO

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

That says a lot. Jennings shoots 39 percent for his career and averages 5 assists a game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Wow what a crazy thought.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from green-mtn-boy. Show green-mtn-boy's posts

come on man. hes hittin his jumpers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I think he had 20 assists last night..   I bet the Bucks would make that trade in a heartbeat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

one thing though ---- Jennings can carry his team and win --- Rondo needs a supporting cast to win a game

push comes to shove -- he can win with his shooting ability - Rondo can't

Jennings is not a flashy guard but he can finish, Rondo's houdini dribling and act is tiring already.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I guess I missed Jennings ever winning anything.  If you don't like Rondo,  thats OK,  there are others that don't as well.  Jennings wouldn't even be in my conversation though.

Got one bit of news for you though,  all players need a supporting cast,  not just Rondo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

what I meant, when there is no one....he can't finish the job....he can't carry the team (that's what I meant about supporting cast) - evidence in the last 4 games

oh, It's not i don't like rondo --- he's ok to me but not a complete point guard or elite you advertised

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I guess you would have to define "elite" point guard. When was the last time a "elite" point guard led their team to the title? Don't take long to name that list does it? If you define it by stats  I would have to put RR in that category.  He is doing something right now thats only been done 3 times in history.  The record he is chasing is putting him in rare company.  (Stockton-Magic) Wouldn't you agree with that?   Paul, Williams, Rose,  have never come close to this.  Yes they are better shooters.  Thats about it in my opinion.  Jennings doesn't even belong in that category in my opinion or any of the so called "experts".  There are a lot of point guards that shoot better but are not even close to being a good as him.  Yes he has some warts,  name me a player that doesn't.  That still doesn't take away from what he is.  You really don't think Jennings is better do you?   If you do, that OK,  that your opinion and your entitled to it.  You are in a minority though.

Have a nice day.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

Why the love affair with the "assist"? Its nothing more than a feel good thing for the Home town fan.

seems

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to SeemsToMe's comment:

Why the love affair with the "assist"? Its nothing more than a feel good thing for the Home town fan.

seems

I guess because a assist means it led to a basket which means a score. Don't get me wrong I am not at all happy with our offense as a whole and I don't like Rondo holding on to the ball all the time.  I would like to see the ball moving,  more running etc.  Every year we talk about going to run more and each year it happens about 2 games in preseason and goes away never to be seen again.

Of course a assist is one of the main categories that players are measured against.  Probably the order would be scoring, rebounding and then assists.   Would you not agree with that?  Rondo was the best assist man last year and is leading by 4 per game this year. He part of the problem but not anywhere near the biggest.

I guess I need Jamez back to get a little Rondo support.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

He has weaknesses in his game but like it or not he is the best player on the team at this point in his career,

True. He's shooting pretty well too. The rest of the team has to pick it up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"I guess you would have to define "elite" point guard. When was the last time a "elite" point guard led their team to the title?"

Read the title of the post. I did not call him an elite.......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

It's not about Rondo's assists. Its about team play which is directed by the PG. Rondo often hurts the team with his inept D and has not consistently enabled an effecive flow to the O.  

We won the Championship with a Hall of Fame cast of supporting players.  Rondo is like a glass of contaminated water in the desert. It'll look and taste great, but will make you sick.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to SeemsToMe's comment:

seems

I guess because a assist means it led to a basket which means a score. Don't get me wrong I am not at all happy with our offense as a whole and I don't like Rondo holding on to the ball all the time.  I would like to see the ball moving,  more running etc.  Every year we talk about going to run more and each year it happens about 2 games in preseason and goes away never to be seen again.

Of course a assist is one of the main categories that players are measured against.  Probably the order would be scoring, rebounding and then assists.   Would you not agree with that?  Rondo was the best assist man last year and is leading by 4 per game this year. He part of the problem but not anywhere near the biggest.

I guess I need Jamez back to get a little Rondo support.

OneOnOne

Please note that I'm not attacking Rondo but I am questioning the value of the assist as it relates to winning games.  And I do agree with you on how  scoring, rebounding and assist are the measuring sticks used to evaluate performance. I just don't care how a basket is scored,whether its assisted or unassisted. Just put the points on the board.

seems

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wonder how long it will take before the rumors of trading Rondo start?

Start?  I've been advocating to trade Rondo for three years. Nothing has changed. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

A guy with a career 39% fg can finish? Rondo is a better defender,rebounder,passer and penetrator. The only thing jenning does better is shoot 3's, but if thats your argument than every pg in the nba is better than rondo. Cuz every pg shoots better from 3 pt land. Good thing their is more to pg play than that, or bob cousy(career 37%fg) and magic johnson(career 30% 3pt) would be known as 2 of the worst of all time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

what I meant, when there is no one....he can't finish the job....he can't carry the team (that's what I meant about supporting cast) - evidence in the last 4 games

oh, It's not i don't like rondo --- he's ok to me but not a complete point guard or elite you advertised

I get you.  But that is going after fool's gold.  That approach may win you a game over a bad team.  But is not a formula for success.  In order to be elite, you need to surround a Rondo with a strong and versatile lineup.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

In response to jackbu's comment:

I wonder how long it will take before the rumors of trading Rondo start?

Start?  I've been advocating to trade Rondo for three years. Nothing has changed. 

yeah..,because he is good.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

when the ball is in your hands 90% of the time, you are the only one who can get an assist! Which by the way is the most over rated stat in basketball!! Pass the ball to Pierce and he hits a 25 ft. three, that's an assist baby!!  If elite means Rondo is a top 10 point guard, i agree he's elite!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

when the ball is in your hands 90% of the time, you are the only one who can get an assist! Which by the way is the most over rated stat in basketball!! Pass the ball to Pierce and he hits a 25 ft. three, that's an assist baby!!  If elite means Rondo is a top 10 point guard, i agree he's elite!!

well even if it is overrated he is still the best point gaurd at doing it.  right?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Consider this: when Rondo got his ring, the supporting cast were hungry and pounded the ball inside. I remember Brown, Powe, Perk and Baby. Rondo at that time a very poor shooter, he pounded the ball too inside. He got hurt a lot though.

All of sudden, someone said his outside shooting improved. Could be, but  I don't think its so significant that it can help the team, there's a lot of outside shooter at the celtics roster now. To be funny, they are all jumpshot shooting group. He tried to shoot outside a lot now too...God know what percentage. His hocus pocus dribbling now predictable and I'm tired of his Cousy imitation. 

I can't blame him cause there are no inside legit big like Perk - Brown - Powe and Baby he can rely on. I think he will do great if Ainge pick up a banger, after all the history of celtics championship won by big who can intimidate. Ask Mchale....

Ainge spent all his money to Terry and Lee -- a bunch of fools gold wings.

Sections
Shortcuts