Rondo is a Laker????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Rondo is a Laker????

http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/rumor_rondo_is_laker_bound/10150636
    This is getting serious.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Rondo is a Laker????

first, look at ur source. second look at the article right above it, about trading Pau for Melo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

yardbarker.com? LOL.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

extra appendage???

Are we talkin' 2 gun Rondo??

No wonder he doesn't know if he's comin' or goin.'

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is a Laker????:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is a Laker???? : Ha Ha Every source is no good if it involves Rondo in a trade? Ha Ha
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Yesterday afternoon on espn 710 in LA they were discussing the Lakers trading Gasol for Rondo.  John Ireland(laker play by play announcer)and Steve Mason both said Rondo they believe is coming here and dismissed any talk of Howard coming to LA.

This thing could happen,  Ireland is intimately involved with Lakers, if we are going to make a run DA better have a point guard in mind.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Personally, I'm ready to do this. Rondo for Gasol, let's get it done.

If KG and RA resign next year we are in business.

2013 Lineup
    PG-Bradley
    SG-Eric Gordon (Signed via FA)
    SF-PP
    PF-Bass
    C-Gasol

Allen and KG off the bench

Trade both #1's to get in top 7 of draft
    select Kidd-Gilchrist as the successor to Pierce.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is a Laker???? : Worst case scenario is we draft a PG in June.
    The idea is to be competitive for a run for the title this year in the playoffs.

If we are not doing this I miss the urgency of this trade. We need a point guard coupled with this trade.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

We need a big man in the worst way. We have a PG in Bradley that can be sufficient but we cannot go with the combo of JON and Wilcox anymore.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Wont happen.  Danny Ainge will decide to keep him at the same time to leave the team alone.  Then he will try to go after a big man via free agent or draft pick.  And then pick up another wing player.  Then if the team goes no-where within two years from now, then Ainge can trade Rondo.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Dont mind trading rondo, but we better not trade a young center piece for an aging big man.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

I still don't think LA trades Gasol for Rondo until they know for sure that they can't get Sessions for a draft pick or Lowry/Scola from Houston for Gasol.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

HOU has said they are not trading Lowry, and I'm skeptical that Sessions is the answer for them.

He IS, however, perfect for US!!  Rondo and JON for Jefferson, a #1 and Wilcox for Sessions and Semih!!

Sessions/Bradley
    Ray/Moore
    PP/Pietrus
    KG/Bass
    Jefferson/Erden

With Varajeo out......CLE MAY think this is a good deal.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is a Laker???? : Ray for Mo Williams.  Clips are desperate for a starting SG because Billups is out for the season.
    Do the salaries match because we should get a draft choice if they do? Ray is worth more.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]I still don't think LA trades Gasol for Rondo until they know for sure that they can't get Sessions for a draft pick or Lowry/Scola from Houston for Gasol.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]
    No we know who you are mtrax-geena and now mark.  You are still talking about Sessions.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

If I am the Lakers... is this the trade I actually want to make...? 

It certainly makes a splash and "upgrades" their PG spot but does it do what the team would want/need to make a run this year.  They would be banking everything on a healthy Andrew Bynum (no track record there...).  Even if JON went to LA as well, from their current roster they move McRoberts into the starting line-up with Murphy and JON as the only reserves - not a real pleasant grouping behind Bynum and if Bynum goes down they are done. 

Additionally, Rondo is a penetrator/distributor and while he would be great for Bynum, the Lakers perimter shooters are Kobe and Matt Barnes/Metta.  One of the things that has always made RR look great here is that he's been surrounded by excellent jump shooters.  This would not be the case in LA.  I would think that LA could get an upgarde at the PG spot without taking on the risk of moving Pau or with a better F/C than JON and a less flashy PG upgarde...

I have never been a big fan of this trade from a C's perspective (even when paired with a RA for Mo Williams as a potential PG replacement - we'd miss Ray mroe than people here think) and I'm not a big fan from LA's perspective either.  However, from LA's perspective, even if it doesn't work this year - they can begin to rework the roster this offseason to add in the perimeter shooting they currently lack to complement RR's strenghts.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is a Laker???? : Doesn't matter what you think. Last week you were Gina, now you're Mark. Ugh!

What?
    That's crazy talk.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is a Laker???? : No we know who you are mtrax-geena and now mark.  You are still talking about Sessions.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Sessions would be a great fit for LA and they could keep Gasol.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts