Rondo is a Laker????

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Re: Rondo is a Laker????

In Response to Re: Rondo is a Laker????:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is a Laker???? : Other than Irving and Sessions, the Cavs have no other PG. So it's unlikely they would trade their only other PG for a draft pick.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

LA could trade Darius Morris (pg), McRoberts and a 1st round pick for Sessions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I want Gasol (even at his age) over Rondo. Anytime you can trade big for small DO IT!!

Rondo is going to be so ineffective once the Big 3 are gone and I don't believe he's the right guy to build around. Gasol gives us the 2nd best big man in the East behind Howard and ahead of Chandler and Hibbert.

You can use Gasol, PP and Bass to build around next year. Bradley can be just as effective as Rondo when given more minutes and won't have the attitude Rondo has from time to time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is a Laker???? : You forgot to mention the Lakers would get cap relief if they traded Gasol for Rondo and JO. The Lakers would save 16m, salary plus luxury tax, next season if they do that trade.

Good point if the Lakers are looking at this trade longer term.  Still do not think it actually helps them win this year, nor do I think it provides them much additional flex for free agency, but I do presume to know their cap that well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is a Laker???? : LA could trade Darius Morris (pg), McRoberts and a 1st round pick for Sessions.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

And the Celtics could trade Rondo, then trade a #1 Wilcox and Dooling - my point being there are other teams out there that could do better than Morris and McRoberts!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

[QUOTE]I want Gasol (even at his age) over Rondo. Anytime you can trade big for small DO IT!! Rondo is going to be so ineffective once the Big 3 are gone and I don't believe he's the right guy to build around. Gasol gives us the 2nd best big man in the East behind Howard and ahead of Chandler and Hibbert. You can use Gasol, PP and Bass to build around next year. Bradley can be just as effective as Rondo when given more minutes and won't have the attitude Rondo has from time to time.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Bias - Think this one through.  If your goal is to win a championship - with PP and Pau you are talking about the next two years.  Do you really think that is likely with AB at the point - even if KG comes back for vet min $$.  Be careful that the grass isn't always greener... "Bradley can be just as effective as Rondo when given more minutes" is one hell of an assertion! And one that I think will fall flat if you are expecting/asking that of AB at 20/21 yrs old.  5 years from now you may well be correct but in the next two...? 

Bringing in Pau for Rondo has to be part of a gigantic dice roll with multiple moving parts... because it doesn't (IMO) get us there by itself - not this year and not next year without a better PG option than AB (who may well turn out to be very good in time - we hav eno idea...).  If you move RA for the PG piece then you need to upgrade the 2G spot (there's a reason RA plays so many minutes and why DA drafted Giddens - even if it didn't work out) and on goes the on the fly revamp...

I don't think RR for Pau leads to a banner this year, and I think there are better approaches to next year/beyond than trading for a 31-yr old very good but not great PF/C.  Fierce likes to argue Ray for Mo Williams - but I suspect Clips woudl also demand a pick which I don't think I'd do.  Is Mo Williams & Pau an immediate upgrade over RR/RA/JON - prob in the short run, but unless you are convinced this gives us a rerally good shot (notjust a marginally better shot) at the title this year - I think there are better approaches to next year... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is a Laker???? : What? That's crazy talk.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]
    So did the procedure hurt?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I guess you can never say never, but there has to be a reason the Lakers and Celtics have never (as in ever) made a mid-season trade of high-impact players. Heck, the only trade I can ever remember them making involved Rick Fox (and, interestingly enough, got us Rondo) prior to the 04-05 season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is a Laker???? : Other than Irving and Sessions, the Cavs have no other PG. So it's unlikely they would trade their only other PG for a draft pick.

Sessions can opt out of his contract next year, so Cavs are amenable to trading him this season.  They know that Sessions believes he is a starter and does not want to spend his whole career playing behind Kyrie Irving....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Why do we keep talking about Gasol..........

Give me Bynum. That makes sense to me. Gasol........NO!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is a Laker???? : Like how Ainge traded a young 22-year old Al Jefferson for an aging 31-year old KG in 2007?

You do realize that trade resulted in 2 trips to the NBA Finals, and one championship, right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

U DO THIS FOR BYNUM or howard, not for gasol, unless the lake freaks throw in a #1 pick as well. we could do better! the rebounding thing has been way too glaring, we need to get bigger. we can live with a gap at the Pg. dooling will do. just give it to pp or garnett once you're passed midcourt.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]U DO THIS FOR BYNUM or howard, not for gasol, unless the lake freaks throw in a #1 pick as well. we could do better! the rebounding thing has been way too glaring, we need to get bigger. we can live with a gap at the Pg. dooling will do. just give it to pp or garnett once you're passed midcourt.
    Posted by CAPITALIST_AVENGER[/QUOTE]

I think DA & Doc were hoping that Dooling was going to be better than Delonte but he has a worse handle than Bradley. If the C's pull the Rondo for Gasol deal, then they will probably also follow through on the Presti/Simmons plan and trade Ray to the Clipps for Mo and a pick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

As a Lakers fan, I don't like the Rondo for Gasol rumor. But Rondo for Bynum is just plain crazy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" This is getting serious....."

OP: yardwhatever.com has never broken an important NBA story to my knowledge. 

Although I am opposed to the Gasol Rondo trade from a Boston standpoint (I wouldn't be if Gasol was three years younger), I can at least see the argument from a Celts or Celts fan perspective. 

I can't see it from the Lakers perspective, however. Since when have the Lakers needed a point guard. Pierce defers to Rondo but Kobe never would, Kobe needs the ball in his hands. 

What the Lakers need is a younger Derek Fisher, or at least a sharp shooting point goard with a deadly three pointer. That is NOT Rondo, that we all agree on. Stephen Curry would actually be a much better fit with their system than Rondo. 

I'll be stunned if this trade goes through, but I guess I can understand why Ainge might try for it. If the Lakers are moving Gasol they can get a better fit than Rondo though. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]HOU has said they are not trading Lowry, and I'm skeptical that Sessions is the answer for them. He IS, however, perfect for US!!  Rondo and JON for Jefferson, a #1 and Wilcox for Sessions and Semih!! Sessions/Bradley Ray/Moore PP/Pietrus KG/Bass Jefferson/Erden With Varajeo out......CLE MAY think this is a good deal.
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]Here is my unqualified opinion about Ramon Sessions.  He is a "B to B+" player for total game.  His defense is roughly C.  His ability to point guard is somewhere between C+ to B.  His offense is about B.  He has very good quickness and toughness at 6-3 190 lbs.  He has developed himself over the years through hard work and confidence.  He is roughly 25 years old. Even though he is not an elete player, he is a winner.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Ramon!

he is a C+ all around.

His range is limited to 12-15 feet. His playmaking ability is meh...so - so, he is a b+ defender but he is what he is, he doesnt have more potential than Moore and is not really better than A.B. right now outside of more experience and knowing the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]Ramon! he is a C+ all around. His range is limited to 12-15 feet. His playmaking ability is meh...so - so, he is a b+ defender but he is what he is, he doesnt have more potential than Moore and is not really better than A.B. right now outside of more experience and knowing the game.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]
         Sessions is shooting 20/46, .435 from 3 pt. range.  He is very good driving to the basket and converting.  Mid-range shooting is what he has to work on.  He is roughly about a 85% free throw shooter.  Coming off the bench we are not seeing the true scoring potential of Ramon.  Last year when started, he was about 16 points per game if he would have played 32 minutes.  Defending out on the perimeter, my unqualified opinion is that he is average.
         Rondo with his average shooting ability is STILL a great point guard because he has great defensive and point guarding skills and can score.  When Sessions gets his own team to PG you will see he is a confident and very competitive player.  Just not as good as Rondo.  Too bad Rondo with his shooting limitation can't be superman.  Then the greedy SOB's might be satisfied.  Just watch other PG's around the league and you will see most of them suck compared to Rajon.  What do you want him to do?  Get down on his knees and beg forgiveness from the Rondo Haters because he is not as good as Larry Bird.  When Christmas comes I would bet most of the "Haters" spend the Day sulking because they didn't win the Lottery.    

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Personally, I'm ready to do this. Rondo for Gasol, let's get it done. If KG and RA resign next year we are in business. 2013 Lineup PG-Bradley SG-Eric Gordon (Signed via FA) SF-PP PF-Bass C-Gasol Allen and KG off the bench Trade both #1's to get in top 7 of draft select Kidd-Gilchrist as the successor to Pierce.

I'd have to assume the Hornets would match any offer for Gordon or make sure it is a sign and trade

They can't end up with Aminu and a 1st rd pick around 11-16 for Chris Paul

That'd be awful, esp if they get nothing for Kaman

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is a Laker???? : Here is my unqualified opinion about Ramon Sessions.  He is a "B to B+" player for total game.  His defense is roughly C.  His ability to point guard is somewhere between C+ to B.  His offense is about B.  He has very good quickness and toughness at 6-3 190 lbs.  He has developed himself over the years through hard work and confidence.  He is roughly 25 years old. Even though he is not an elete player, he is a winner.
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

Is he someone the Celtics should trade a first rd pick and filler for if we move Rondo for Gasol?

Sessions/Bradley in the backcourt?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I want Gasol (even at his age) over Rondo. Anytime you can trade big for small DO IT!! Rondo is going to be so ineffective once the Big 3 are gone and I don't believe he's the right guy to build around. Gasol gives us the 2nd best big man in the East behind Howard and ahead of Chandler and Hibbert. You can use Gasol, PP and Bass to build around next year. Bradley can be just as effective as Rondo when given more minutes and won't have the attitude Rondo has from time to time.

One could make the point that Rondo is less effective with the big 3 here, now that they are not the '08 versions but older/slower and less able to create on the go and one on one vs. good defenders, then he would be with other players.

Rondo never learned to shoot, we assumed he would, so he is what he is. A guy who is more effective with young legs running and gunning with him then with 3 HOFers age 34-36

If Danny put the right young players around him we could be better than the '11 and current squad, 2nd rd ceiling clubs.

But if he wants to win around the old big 3, then add a Gasol and a PG that can shoot and run a turnover free halfcourt offense and we're a MUCH better team

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is a Laker???? : Bias - Think this one through.  If your goal is to win a championship - with PP and Pau you are talking about the next two years.  Do you really think that is likely with AB at the point - even if KG comes back for vet min $$.  Be careful that the grass isn't always greener... "Bradley can be just as effective as Rondo when given more minutes" is one hell of an assertion! And one that I think will fall flat if you are expecting/asking that of AB at 20/21 yrs old.  5 years from now you may well be correct but in the next two...?  Bringing in Pau for Rondo has to be part of a gigantic dice roll with multiple moving parts... because it doesn't (IMO) get us there by itself - not this year and not next year without a better PG option than AB (who may well turn out to be very good in time - we hav eno idea...).  If you move RA for the PG piece then you need to upgrade the 2G spot (there's a reason RA plays so many minutes and why DA drafted Giddens - even if it didn't work out) and on goes the on the fly revamp... I don't think RR for Pau leads to a banner this year, and I think there are better approaches to next year/beyond than trading for a 31-yr old very good but not great PF/C.  Fierce likes to argue Ray for Mo Williams - but I suspect Clips woudl also demand a pick which I don't think I'd do.  Is Mo Williams & Pau an immediate upgrade over RR/RA/JON - prob in the short run, but unless you are convinced this gives us a rerally good shot (notjust a marginally better shot) at the title this year - I think there are better approaches to next year... 
    Posted by Bird-to-DJ[/QUOTE]

For one I like the trade because a skilled big man is VERY HARD to find even if Gasol has 2-3 years left.

If Rondo is going to be the 15 pt, 11 asst, 8 rebs and 3 steals guy EVERY NIGHT then I say keep him. However I've seen him pout too much and go through these funks that just show he loses interest. We had two big games vs Dallas and OKC coming up before the break and he gets tossed.

I think Gasol with the Big 3 is a good way to try and make a run. You don't need an All Star PG to win a NBA Title...but you do need good bigs. Think about the last few NBA Champs and who their PGs were...Kidd and Fisher. Bradley won't be out there dribbling the shot clock down to nothing just to try and make the hero pass.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is a Laker???? : Salaries match. We can trade Ray and Mo 1 for 1.

But we shouldn't

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]" This is getting serious....." OP: yardwhatever.com has never broken an important NBA story to my knowledge.  Although I am opposed to the Gasol Rondo trade from a Boston standpoint (I wouldn't be if Gasol was three years younger), I can at least see the argument from a Celts or Celts fan perspective.  I can't see it from the Lakers perspective, however. Since when have the Lakers needed a point guard. Pierce defers to Rondo but Kobe never would, Kobe needs the ball in his hands.  What the Lakers need is a younger Derek Fisher, or at least a sharp shooting point goard with a deadly three pointer. That is NOT Rondo, that we all agree on. Stephen Curry would actually be a much better fit with their system than Rondo.  I'll be stunned if this trade goes through, but I guess I can understand why Ainge might try for it. If the Lakers are moving Gasol they can get a better fit than Rondo though. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

It does'nt matter who broke it, they are quoting Vescey from the NY POST..
    There have been several reports on this so i would not totally disregard it.
    Danny is a mover and a shaker...Rondo has been brilliant and pathetic at times.
    Boston needs a big, LA Needs a pt guard..do the math..