Rondo is a Laker????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Rondo is a Laker????

In Response to Re: Rondo is a Laker????:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is a Laker???? : Is he someone the Celtics should trade a first rd pick and filler for if we move Rondo for Gasol? Sessions/Bradley in the backcourt?
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Yes, I said that - or Sessions and Pietrus!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is a Laker???? : One could make the point that Rondo is less effective with the big 3 here, now that they are not the '08 versions but older/slower and less able to create on the go and one on one vs. good defenders, then he would be with other players. Rondo never learned to shoot, we assumed he would, so he is what he is. A guy who is more effective with young legs running and gunning with him then with 3 HOFers age 34-36 If Danny put the right young players around him we could be better than the '11 and current squad, 2nd rd ceiling clubs. But if he wants to win around the old big 3, then add a Gasol and a PG that can shoot and run a turnover free halfcourt offense and we're a MUCH better team
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Well said! I agree with your assessment 100%. I think if the rumors are true and Danny is looking at making one last run with his older vets, he is making a very calculated and intelligent decision. Playoff games are won with execution in the half court.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]" This is getting serious....." OP: yardwhatever.com has never broken an important NBA story to my knowledge.  Although I am opposed to the Gasol Rondo trade from a Boston standpoint (I wouldn't be if Gasol was three years younger), I can at least see the argument from a Celts or Celts fan perspective.  I can't see it from the Lakers perspective, however. Since when have the Lakers needed a point guard. Pierce defers to Rondo but Kobe never would, Kobe needs the ball in his hands.  What the Lakers need is a younger Derek Fisher, or at least a sharp shooting point goard with a deadly three pointer. That is NOT Rondo, that we all agree on. Stephen Curry would actually be a much better fit with their system than Rondo.  I'll be stunned if this trade goes through, but I guess I can understand why Ainge might try for it. If the Lakers are moving Gasol they can get a better fit than Rondo though. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I believe the Lakers have needed a PG more since they went away from the triangle and Fisher has has become older and unreliable. They also need someone to shoot and spread the floor for Kobe *(see Ray), so a hybrid like Delonte would've been a good addition for them last offseason.

That said, based on Kobe kissing Rondo's a** the last time they were in Boston, I could definitely see the Lakers targeting him. However, if the rumor is true that the Lakers want both Bass & Rondo for Gasol, then I would tell them to go f**k themselves and I hope even Fierce would agree!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is a Laker???? : I believe the Lakers have needed a PG more since they went away from the triangle and Fisher has has become older and unreliable. They also need someone to shoot and spread the floor for Kobe *(see Ray), so a hybrid like Delonte would've been a good addition for them last offseason. That said, based on Kobe kissing Rondo's a** the last time they were in Boston, I could definitely see the Lakers targeting him. However, if the rumor is true that the Lakers want both Bass & Rondo for Gasol, then I would tell them to go f**k themselves and I hope Fierce would agree!
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]
    I hope Danny would agree. Don't give up Bass!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

I still can't see LA trading Gasol for Rondo.
    The Lakers are primarily a 1/2 court team.
    That does not work as well with Rondo's skills.
    Also, LA doesn't have the shooters that Boston has to knock down jump shots they receive from Rondo.

Rondo was badly out-played by Irving and Sessions.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I still can't see LA trading Gasol for Rondo. The Lakers are primarily a 1/2 court team. That does not work as well with Rondo's skills. Also, LA doesn't have the shooters that Boston has to knock down jump shots they receive from Rondo. Rondo was badly out-played by Irving and Sessions.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  The kind of point guard the Lakers need is one who can hit shots.  Kobe is NOT going to let someone else handle the ball most of the time.  Like Lebron and Miami - the point guard duties for those teams means be a shooter.  Rondo is not a fit for them.

Why would they give up the points and rebounds Gasol gives and get a non-shooting point guard.  That's a lot of points and rebounds to give up to become a smaller team that can't run.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Tonight was not a good game to sell the lakers on rondo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

maybe Rondo is playing to undo heis trade value????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]maybe Rondo is playing to undo heis trade value????
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Getting ejected for throwing the ball at a referee in one game , then having 0 points in 32 minutes in the next game would probably go down as undoing ones trade value.