Rondo is A Perfect Fit for the Lakers

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: Rondo is A Perfect Fit for the Lakers

You're a perfect fit as a Lakers fan. Can we trade you?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

gallows humor is very in tonite

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is A Perfect Fit for the Lakers:
    In Response to Re: Rondo is A Perfect Fit for the Lakers : You want to trade me for speaking the truth? Is it a lie when I say Rondo hits refs with balls? Is it a lie when I say Bynum hits players? Is it a lie when I say both Rondo and Bynum are poor FT shooters?
    Posted by Fiercest34

I am with you Fierce this team needs a big change.  Rondo if we can get a major piece is worth trading. Gasol for Rondo and change is one way to go.  I heard Ian Thomsen of ESPN on with Michael Felger saying the Celtics are looking at Portland, Sacramento, and Utah as teams most likely in a Rondo trade.

The BB is so filled with vacillation and is still shellshocked from the Perkins trade they just don't understand what next year looks like.  This team is so unable to rebound nothing is going to pull them out of this stupor unless a change with Rondo is made.  Stick with him and we go the lottery route or an 8th seed at best.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to "Re: Rondo is A Perfect Fit for the Lakers":
    In Response to Re: Rondo is A Perfect Fit for the Lakers : I am with you Fierce this team needs a big change.  Rondo if we can get a major piece is worth trading. Gasol for Rondo and change is one way to go.  I heard Ian Thomsen of ESPN on with Michael Felger saying the Celtics are looking at Portland, Sacramento, and Utah as teams most likely in a Rondo trade. The BB is so filled with vacillation and is still shellshocked from the Perkins trade they just don't understand what next year looks like.  This team is so unable to rebound nothing is going to pull them out of this stupor unless a change with Rondo is made.  Stick with him and we go the lottery route or an 8th seed at best. Posted by concord27
    Who would the C's be looking at on Portland and Sacramento? Tyreke Evans? Gerald wallace? Batun? If its cousins, I say do it immediately.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Just read an article about rondo suitors. The names mentioned were kanter, milsap, Evans and cousins. If I were Danny, I would really go all out after cousins and Evans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Just read an article about rondo suitors. The names mentioned were kanter, milsap, Evans and cousins. If I were Danny, I would really go all out after cousins and Evans.
    Posted by Accension13

This is what I heard Evan and Cousins in a multiple player trade with Rondo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is A Perfect Fit for the Lakers : If we can't get a big man for Rondo then we should go for a lottery pick for Rondo.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Thats right, I've hardly even heard of these other guys they are talking about trading him for although if they should jump all over it if the Kings were to offer cousins.. but no way would they. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

Look you NUT JOBS, there is now way on God's Green Earth that the Lakers trade anyone to the Celtics.  Is there anyone on this board that understands that no trade will happen between these two teams????????  Celtic fans enjoy your ride to the bottom!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Agree.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to "Re: Rondo is A Perfect Fit for the Lakers": Who would the C's be looking at on Portland and Sacramento? Tyreke Evans? Gerald wallace? Batun? If its cousins, I say do it immediately.
    Posted by Accension13

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1071741-are-the-portland-trailblazers-shopping-both-raymond-felton-and-nicholas-batum

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1064894-utah-jazz-and-boston-celtics-perfect-trading-partners

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is A Perfect Fit for the Lakers : If we can't get a big man for Rondo then we should go for a lottery pick for Rondo.
    Posted by Fiercest34

I agree

I am also all for ideas like a Rondo-KG for Devin Harris-Big Al swap

If we dumped Avery, Bass (if he picks up his player option) and Johnson, in deals that move us up in the draft then we can still offer Howard a max contract.

Now unless Dallas trades Marion, they won't be able to afford both DWill and Howard... so C's could at least say they tried and got Howard a better supporting cast - Al, Pierce, Harris, and 2 draft picks likely in the 8-18 range... than Dallas or New Jersey could offer (unless they get TWO very good starters at the 2-3-4 out of a Lopez trade).

Or we can keep Avery/Johnson, hope Bass picks up his option, and trade Ray and Jermaine in another salary dump type move for like an Okafor/Ariza type package.

and if we try to get Howard and lose we can still make offers for OJ Mayo and Jason Thompson/Robin Lopez.... like 4/44 and 4/28... that Memphis, and Sac/PHX prob don't match.

Harris-Mayo-Pierce-Al-Thompson would be a fun team for Pierce's last 2 years

with Avery, a couple very good first rd picks and the MLE left to round out the bench... heck maybe Ray/KG split the MLE to return?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Wow Ortiz, I honestly had not seen that when I proposed my above trade... great stuff

of course I'd want Al over Millsap/Bell.

and there is no point discussing why it helps the Jazz win games, they need another lotto pick and to play Kanter/Favors more then see what they have next year

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

There's talk that the Bulls want Gasol. How about the following three-way deal:

To Chicago - Pau Gasol, Jermaine O'Neal.
    To Los Angeles - Carlos Boozer, Rajon Rondo.
    To Boston - Joakim Noah, Steve Blake, Andrew Goudelock.

This trade works according to Real GM.

Statistically, Gasol and Noah are about even. Noah is actually better if you adjust for minutes. He's also 5 years younger than Gasol. Goudelock would be a nice throw-in, a prospect who could possibly replace Ray Allen. Blake is a temporary fill-in for Rondo until the Celtics sign Deron Williams or Steve Nash in free agency.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

There's talk that the Bulls want Gasol. How about the following three-way deal: To Chicago - Pau Gasol, Jermaine O'Neal. To Los Angeles - Carlos Boozer, Rajon Rondo. To Boston - Joakim Noah, Steve Blake, Andrew Goudelock. This trade works according to Real GM. Statistically, Gasol and Noah are about even. Noah is actually better if you adjust for minutes. He's also 5 years younger than Gasol. Goudelock would be a nice throw-in, a prospect who could possibly replace Ray Allen. Blake is a temporary fill-in for Rondo until the Celtics sign Deron Williams or Steve Nash in free agency.
    Posted by davidap

I think the Bulls won't do that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to "Re: Rondo is A Perfect Fit for the Lakers":
    Look you NUT JOBS, there is now way on God's Green Earth that the Lakers trade anyone to the Celtics.  Is there anyone on this board that understands that no trade will happen between these two teams????????  Celtic fans enjoy your ride to the bottom! Posted by kobedaman
    Other than Bynum there is no one playing for the Lakers that should or would interest the C's including Gasol

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Wow Ortiz, I honestly had not seen that when I proposed my above trade... great stuff of course I'd want Al over Millsap/Bell. and there is no point discussing why it helps the Jazz win games, they need another lotto pick and to play Kanter/Favors more then see what they have next year
    Posted by rameakap

Yes id want Al too, but it also sounds like Danny may be looking to get young bodies, so when its time to pull the trigger on a mega deal, we have lots to offer..can' t see why there is no center involved her..but, I know just rumors..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

There are so many different threads dealing with the same topic...trades...so I've copied and pasted this which I posted separately under " ODOM HAS YET TO LIVE UP TO EXPECTATIONS BY THE MAVS".

Is there any chance we can pick him up cheap ? And would we want him ? Opinions Please ???

I live in SF Bay area(45 years) and raised in Maine(21 years) and roots run deep so a Boston team fan first but local fan team too. I was dealt a double devastating blow when NFL Giants beat 49ers and then I wanted Patriots to avenge their loss to Giants in SB a few year back and also the Giants beating SF. Ooops, sorry this has nothing to do with BB.

I go to GS Warrior games frequently. There is a chant “Beat LA, Beat LA” in the stands as the locals hate the Lakers as much as we do. In sports bars when Boston plays LA, 75% of fans root for Boston. Was at the game last night but against the Clippers which GS won.  Monta Ellis is awesome as he out shined Chris Paul scoring 32 to 24 points. I would trade Monta, tattoos and all,  even up for Rondo any day. But what really impressed me was a 6’9” forward/center, David Lee, who scored 24 and got 13 rebounds. He’s averaging 20 pts per game.

I am a septuagenarian so I go back to Cousy days so definitely remember the 70s when we won NBA title in 1974 & 1976 with a guy who was also a 6’9” forward/center, Dave Cowens.  David Lee made me nostalgic as he hustled and was a fiesty scrapper reminding me of Cowens. I know he’s not the 6’11’/7’ footer we hope to get but I’d still like him on the Celtics. By the way, good to see our old friend, 5’9”, Nate Williams coming off the bench  and averaging 10 pts in very few minutes per game.

Also, I was very impressed with the Clippers’ other guard, Mo Williams, who is averaging 14 pts per game and got 22 last night. I wouldn’t take him on a wash trade for Rondo but maybe they’d like Ray Allen

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I think most of us here would hesistate but eventually accept a Rondo-KG for Monta Ellis-David Lee trade (that kills our cap) as long as we can move Ray, JO and various other pieces/draft picks for players that complement an Ellis-Pierce-Lee.

You'd need a defensive center b/c Lee struggles on D, despite high rebound #'s, and a tall PG who can guard SG's and hit spot up J's b/c Ellis is a ball dominating combo guard who is too short to defend most SG's.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is A Perfect Fit for the Lakers : I agree I am also all for ideas like a Rondo-KG for Devin Harris-Big Al swap If we dumped Avery, Bass (if he picks up his player option) and Johnson, in deals that move us up in the draft then we can still offer Howard a max contract. Now unless Dallas trades Marion, they won't be able to afford both DWill and Howard... so C's could at least say they tried and got Howard a better supporting cast - Al, Pierce, Harris, and 2 draft picks likely in the 8-18 range... than Dallas or New Jersey could offer (unless they get TWO very good starters at the 2-3-4 out of a Lopez trade). Or we can keep Avery/Johnson, hope Bass picks up his option, and trade Ray and Jermaine in another salary dump type move for like an Okafor/Ariza type package. and if we try to get Howard and lose we can still make offers for OJ Mayo and Jason Thompson/Robin Lopez.... like 4/44 and 4/28... that Memphis, and Sac/PHX prob don't match. Harris-Mayo-Pierce-Al-Thompson would be a fun team for Pierce's last 2 years with Avery, a couple very good first rd picks and the MLE left to round out the bench... heck maybe Ray/KG split the MLE to return?
    Posted by rameakap

Add Bass and Jeff Green and that is a REALLY fun team to watch!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Rame and Fierce - check out this 3 way trade I just tried:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Sections
Shortcuts