RONDO IS DONE FOR THE SEASON????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

RONDO IS DONE FOR THE SEASON????

THERE IS NO WAY THAT YOU CAN PLAY BASKETBALL WITH ONE ARM......  DOC IS BETWEEN THE ROCK/HARDPLACE, AS HE REALLY HAS NOT BROUGHT ANYONE WITH MEANINGFUL MINUTES ALONG....  IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE IF AVERY BRADLEY  (FUTURE PLAYER) HAD REC. MORE MINUTES ALONG THE WAY !!   WHAT SAY YOU ????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: RONDO IS DONE FOR THE SEASON????

I say rondo will play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to RONDO IS DONE FOR THE SEASON????:
    [QUOTE]   THERE IS NO WAY THAT YOU CAN PLAY BASKETBALL WITH ONE ARM......  DOC IS BETWEEN THE ROCK/HARDPLACE, AS HE REALLY HAS NOT BROUGHT ANYONE WITH MEANINGFUL MINUTES ALONG....  IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE IF AVERY BRADLEY  (FUTURE PLAYER) HAD REC. MORE MINUTES ALONG THE WAY !!   WHAT SAY YOU ????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

I think that Rondo should be able to play meaningful minutes in tonight's game.  Maybe some of us are just trying to remain optimistic.  We will find out tonight.  Without Rondo we will be in trouble for the remainder of the playoffs. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

In Response to RONDO IS DONE FOR THE SEASON????:
    [QUOTE]   THERE IS NO WAY THAT YOU CAN PLAY BASKETBALL WITH ONE ARM......  DOC IS BETWEEN THE ROCK/HARDPLACE, AS HE REALLY HAS NOT BROUGHT ANYONE WITH MEANINGFUL MINUTES ALONG....  IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE IF AVERY BRADLEY  (FUTURE PLAYER) HAD REC. MORE MINUTES ALONG THE WAY !!   WHAT SAY YOU ????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Rondo is more motivated to play now than before. The injury will make him more stronger mentally and spiritually. He is not only going to play, but he will elevate his game even with one arm, to make D.Wade look stupid for what he did.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

In Response to Re: RONDO IS DONE FOR THE SEASON????:
    [QUOTE]In Response to RONDO IS DONE FOR THE SEASON???? : Rondo is more motivated to play now than before. The injury will make him more stronger mentally and spiritually. He is not only going to play, but he will elevate his game even with one arm, to make D.Wade look stupid for what he did.
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]

Yeah he is superman and can play with just one arm. And Dwade with 2 arms is just gonna lay back and not do anything. YUP.

ONly in the mind of a homer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RONDO IS DONE FOR THE SEASON???? : Yeah he is superman and can play with just one arm. And Dwade with 2 arms is just gonna lay back and not do anything. YUP. ONly in the mind of a homer.
    Posted by Wade3[/QUOTE]

With all due respect, you don't need two arms to play basketball. You need two legs and not two arms. You only need two arms when shooting free throws and Rondo seldom goes to the line. When Rondo came back in the fourth quarter, with just one arm, he stole the ball and even dunked it. You will see more of that today. He doesn't need two arms to be effective.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Wade3,
    With all due respect, RR even with one hand is better than any of your PGs. Also, his presence on the floor is a big moral boost for Celtics and in a tough series as this it does count.

AK

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RONDO IS DONE FOR THE SEASON???? : With all due respect, you don't need two arms to play basketball. You need two legs and not two arms. You only need two arms when shooting free throws and Rondo seldom goes to the line. When Rondo came back in the fourth quarter, with just one arm, he stole the ball and even dunked it. You will see more of that today. He doesn't need two arms to be effective.
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]  SORRY SON, YOU MUST BE THINKING BACK TO YOUR DAYS OF "YOUTH BASKETBALL"......  RONDO WILL TRY, BUT HE WILL BE HURTING THE TEAM, FOR SURE !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

[QUOTE]Wade3, With all due respect, RR even with one hand is better than any of your PGs. Also, his presence on the floor is a big moral boost for Celtics and in a tough series as this it does count. AK
    Posted by sinus007[/QUOTE]

Sweet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

i dont think he is done for the season. especially after reading what the trainers and doc have to say about it. and the fact that rondo went back to the game.

the question is how much will the injury affect his overall game.
    i hope delonte steps up, too.

we gotta win game 4! go Celtics!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

IMO, Bradley received all the minutes he deserved.  Doc kept trying him and he kept failing.   The Celtics needed to win games and when the kid was failing he was jeopardizing games so he got yanked, appropriately.   He is young and just wasn't ready to play on a top flight team.  Had we been a sorry team, Doc could afford to play him lots of minutes (the way West, Rondo, Jefferson, Perk, Gomes, and others did when the C's were irrelevant).  But, on this team - we were playing to win best record so he just didn't deliver.

If he has to play, then it will be trial by fire.  At some points in the game, he'll be better than Arroyo (Defense) and others he'd be worse.   We'll see.  Hopefully Rondo and West will be able to play sufficiently well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I think people are a little over zealous thinking that Rondo with one arm is going to be great.  It is hard enough to be great with two arms, when the novelty runs out and if he is not effective, I hope Doc and Rondo do what is best for the team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IanJB. Show IanJB's posts

Bill-086 makes a good point, however bluntly. Is playing Rajon Rondo in the best interest for the Celtics?  I'm rather torn on this issue for the following reasons:

• Delonte West has been playing extremely well. He spreads the floor more than Rondo does, he was making good solid passes (following the game plan, looking for KG) and is not that much of a defensive liability considering he guards Super Mario or (haha) Mike Bibby. This is honestly the best playoff series Delonte could have hoped to play extended minutes in. Hes going up against two horrible point guards on the defensive end and you get the feeling that LeBron feels a little twang whenever West gets up off the bench.  I'm actually convinced that a healthy Delonte, playing at home with an active Big 3, could lead us to a win in Game 4.
    • annnnnnd.... Delonte's Shoulder is injured.
    • Rajon Rondo is the most important player for the Celtics long term playoff run. He is the teams emotion and drive and he develops the offense over the course of every game.  One more D-Wade jersey grab and Rondo is out for the season. I understand that we are playing the most important games of the series, but to win against Miami we are going to need to win on the road. I don't think thats going to happen without Rondo.
    • One-armed Rondo is not as effective as two-armed Rondo. It shocked me that they didnt cut off Rondo's right side or put more on ball pressure at the top of the key after the injury. The heat were probably wary of drawing more engative attention and kind of let Rondo do his one armed thing for the rest of the game. Chalk it up as a loss, you know? But that's not going to happen in Game 4. I can garuntee that the Heat will have a plan if Rajon wants to protect the ball with only one hand and Rondo's long term health will not be a priority in Spoelstra's game plan.
    • Despite all the negative, having Rondo in the game will be huge emotionally for everyone wearing Green tonight. The fans, the bench, the big 4, Doc, everyone wants to see Rondo hurling whirling-dervish passes around LeBron with one gimpy arm.

Do the postiives outweight the negatives? Probably. Am I still nervous as all hell for Rondo's safety? You bet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Bill-086 makes a good point, however bluntly. Is playing Rajon Rondo in the best interest for the Celtics?  I'm rather torn on this issue for the following reasons: Delonte West has been playing extremely well. He spreads the floor more than Rondo does, he was making good solid passes (following the game plan, looking for KG) and is not that much of a defensive liability considering he guards Super Mario or (haha) Mike Bibby. This is honestly the best playoff series Delonte could have hoped to play extended minutes in. Hes going up against two horrible point guards on the defensive end and you get the feeling that LeBron feels a little twang whenever West gets up off the bench.  I'm actually convinced that a healthy Delonte, playing at home with an active Big 3, could lead us to a win in Game 4. annnnnnd.... Delonte's Shoulder is injured. Rajon Rondo is the most important player for the Celtics long term playoff run. He is the teams emotion and drive and he develops the offense over the course of every game.  One more D-Wade jersey grab and Rondo is out for the season. I understand that we are playing the most important games of the series, but to win against Miami we are going to need to win on the road. I don't think thats going to happen without Rondo. One-armed Rondo is not as effective as two-armed Rondo. It shocked me that they didnt cut off Rondo's right side or put more on ball pressure at the top of the key after the injury. The heat were probably wary of drawing more engative attention and kind of let Rondo do his one armed thing for the rest of the game. Chalk it up as a loss, you know? But that's not going to happen in Game 4. I can garuntee that the Heat will have a plan if Rajon wants to protect the ball with only one hand and Rondo's long term health will not be a priority in Spoelstra's game plan. Despite all the negative, having Rondo in the game will be huge emotionally for everyone wearing Green tonight. The fans, the bench, the big 4, Doc, everyone wants to see Rondo hurling whirling-dervish passes around LeBron with one gimpy arm. Do the postiives outweight the negatives? Probably. Am I still nervous as all hell for Rondo's safety? You bet.
    Posted by IanJB[/QUOTE]

Bingo.... the Heat cut Rondo plenty slack (they could afford to be generous) and let him do his one arm ballhandling.

This time, the gloves are off and they will force him to use his left hand... and that is going to be U-G-L-Y.

Sit Rondo and use DWest and Arroyo to try to get back/even up the series.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RONDO IS DONE FOR THE SEASON???? : Bingo.... the Heat cut Rondo plenty slack (they could afford to be generous) and let him do his one arm ballhandling. This time, the gloves are off and they will force him to use his left hand... and that is going to be U-G-L-Y . Sit Rondo and use DWest and Arroyo to try to get back/even up the series. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]   AS DAD WOULD SAY...... "SON, IF YOU CAN'T LIFT YOUR ARM, YOU CAN'T PLAY BASKETBALL"  !!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I think ROndos left arm isnt going to be useless... He'll have use of it, just hes not going to break his fall with that arm or rip away a rebound with it..

Fortunately its his left arm and since hes doesnt take many jumpers anyway, its not gonna matter much.

He will be handicapped and Miami can exploit him if his left arm is still really bad... as in unable to lift it... ut I doubt it.. I cant see Doc letting him go in with that sort of disadvantage.

Sat was an emotional lift and the Heat were too dumb to take advantage of Rondos injury... tonight wont be like that

However, I gotta feeling he'll have enough use of that arm to play without giving up too much. 

Lastly, if hes really shot for the season Doc might play him tonight to kick Wades balls into his upper chest... 2 FT's and the ball..Flagrant 2..who cares?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

Rondo will play and be effective.
    He will be in pain. He will deal with it. The only real danger to his elbow is hyperextension or re-dislocation. There are braces that give free movement but stop the elbow from extending the last 5% or so. This negates the possibility of hyperextension. He can dribble, rebound, pass, and shoot with reasonable effectiveness. He will probably play shorter shifts than usual, but still significant time...over 30 minutes, IMO. 
    He will not be hanging his arm as he did when he came back in. He will have had a couple of days recovery time and therapy. He will favor his left side but not abandon it. If you overplay him to the right, he will make you pay.
    Watch...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

[QUOTE] Lastly, if hes really shot for the season Doc might play him tonight to kick Wades balls into his upper chest... 2 FT's and the ball..Flagrant 2..who cares?
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

I believe he will play fairly effectively, but if not, I could live with your scenario - lol!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bill,
    Rondo will play.  The question is will he be able to play well enough without being exposed.  Last night I heard Cedric Maxwell say that because he shoots right handed someone as quick as Rondo can still be effective.
    We just don 't know.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

w'ell see. if he can even dribble left enough to keep the heat honest he will be effective. The MRI was negative, the question is how much if any healing occured ove the last day in half with the around the clock treatment he got? Maybe not a lot, but you never know.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to RONDO IS DONE FOR THE SEASON???? : Rondo is more motivated to play now than before. The injury will make him more stronger mentally and spiritually. He is not only going to play, but he will elevate his game even with one arm, to make D.Wade look stupid for what he did.
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]  MORE MOTIVATED ???  SO, HE WAS NOT MOTIVATED BEFORE HE GOT HURT ??  PLEASE SPARE ME/US.........  N B A BASKETBALL IS NOT A SATURDAY AFTERNOON AT THE PARK !!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Bill-086 makes a good point, however bluntly. Is playing Rajon Rondo in the best interest for the Celtics?  I'm rather torn on this issue for the following reasons: Delonte West has been playing extremely well. He spreads the floor more than Rondo does, he was making good solid passes (following the game plan, looking for KG) and is not that much of a defensive liability considering he guards Super Mario or (haha) Mike Bibby. This is honestly the best playoff series Delonte could have hoped to play extended minutes in. Hes going up against two horrible point guards on the defensive end and you get the feeling that LeBron feels a little twang whenever West gets up off the bench.  I'm actually convinced that a healthy Delonte, playing at home with an active Big 3, could lead us to a win in Game 4. annnnnnd.... Delonte's Shoulder is injured. Rajon Rondo is the most important player for the Celtics long term playoff run. He is the teams emotion and drive and he develops the offense over the course of every game.  One more D-Wade jersey grab and Rondo is out for the season. I understand that we are playing the most important games of the series, but to win against Miami we are going to need to win on the road. I don't think thats going to happen without Rondo. One-armed Rondo is not as effective as two-armed Rondo. It shocked me that they didnt cut off Rondo's right side or put more on ball pressure at the top of the key after the injury. The heat were probably wary of drawing more engative attention and kind of let Rondo do his one armed thing for the rest of the game. Chalk it up as a loss, you know? But that's not going to happen in Game 4. I can garuntee that the Heat will have a plan if Rajon wants to protect the ball with only one hand and Rondo's long term health will not be a priority in Spoelstra's game plan. Despite all the negative, having Rondo in the game will be huge emotionally for everyone wearing Green tonight. The fans, the bench, the big 4, Doc, everyone wants to see Rondo hurling whirling-dervish passes around LeBron with one gimpy arm. Do the postiives outweight the negatives? Probably. Am I still nervous as all hell for Rondo's safety? You bet.
    Posted by IanJB[/QUOTE]  HOWEVER BLUNTLY ??   IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY TO SAY IT ????   DOC IS IN TROUBLE, HE CAN'T PUT RONDO OUT THERE WITH ONE ARM.....  HECK, EVEN WITH TWO ARMS, NO JUMP SHOT, CAN'T SHOOT FOULS AND NOW IF HE CAN'T RUN ON SPEED TO THE LEFT/RIGHT, IT'S OVER.....  DEAD MAN WALKING !!!!  BTW,   IT'S  806 (NOT 086) THANKS ....Laughing

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seventeenth. Show seventeenth's posts

I think we just simply have to watch Rondo closely during the game.  If there is no significant damage in his arm then he should be able to use.  It will not be 100% but at 70% to 80% in one arm, he is still better than any Heat PG.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RONDO IS DONE FOR THE SEASON???? : Yeah he is superman and can play with just one arm. And Dwade with 2 arms is just gonna lay back and not do anything. YUP. ONly in the mind of a homer.
    Posted by Wade3[/QUOTE]

Only homer here is you.

Sections
Shortcuts