Rondo is Maturing

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Rondo is Maturing

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

“It starts with me. I have to do a better job on the ball,” he said of the Celtics’ defensive issues. “There’s a lot of things.”

A lot of things that will once again be addressed tonight in Washington during the Celtics’ first back-to-back swing of the season.

“I’m going to try and set the tone defensively,” he said. “It’s all we can do. I have to bring something more than we’ve been doing. It’s about leadership, but I’m the point guard, too. I’m the first line of defense and I initiate the offense. I have to be better.”

Though Rondo’s offensive numbers weren’t bad, with 14 points, 11 assists and only two turnovers in 41 minutes, he was clearly thinking about the other end, where Milwaukee’s Brandon Jennings enjoyed one of his best nights against the Celtics.

Not only did he repeatedly get past Rondo to break down the paint, he also finished with 21 points, 13 assists and six steals.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/20221103tending_to_the_garden_doc_seeks_strong_home_effort/

Seems like the same problem we were complaining about when we had Ray.  Other teams guards break us down and get to the hoop because we can't keep people in front of us.  Jennings is a good guard, no doubt,  but our defense,  not just Rondo's,  stinks.

3. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts