RONDO IS NOT DOING UBUNTU!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: RONDO IS NOT DOING UBUNTU!

In Response to Re: RONDO IS NOT DOING UBUNTU!:
    In Response to Re: RONDO IS NOT DOING UBUNTU! : Should and aging big three get out scored buy FIFTY points. Rondo scored 20 so if he only dropped 70 points on bibby he would have made up the difference. 
    Posted by jtkl

He had that many wide open looks to score 70. Why not... except he can't begin to shoot his position and the ops  and everyone (except maybe jtkl) knows it.

Pud

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: RONDO IS NOT DOING UBUNTU! : How about the following truisms... "he scores when the team needs for him to score..." or "he scores at will... anytime he wants to. He's that good!"??? BTW... where is Rondo's best friend, JerryCole? J/C has been known to hide out near Osama when Rondo goes south... Rumor has it that the SEALs found J/C squirreled away in OsamaBL's compound, pouring over 82games.com stats, oblivious to the goings-on around him. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

It is amazing after all this time that there are those that have thought all along that Rondo has sacrificed his unlimited offensive potential to sate the BIG 3.  If Rondo acted more like Rose it would not be good for the team and that the BIG 3 would be upset.

When the BIG 3 go, Rondo will average 18 points on 23 shots - 2 uncontested jumpers, 2 foul shots (2 of 4), 5 layups, and 1 goaltending on a shot that had no prayer of going in - i.e. swatted after it hits the backboard below the rim, 6 assists - hey where is Ray, where is Paul, where is KG - I thought I would have some guys that could shoot on the team, 2.5 steals, and 8 rebounds.....not a sniff at another all-star game.  John Wall just finished his rookie year and one could easily argue that it was better than any that Rondo has had in his first 5.

What we will hear is that the cumulative effect of his injuries have made it impossible to be as good as when he was young and of course the refs never send him to the line because he is a Celtic, etc.

The Cs are poised to become the Cavs but we should all rest assured, they have #9 to build the next dynasty around. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

i agree with anyone that says rondo is becoming a distraction. Big distraction at that. I also noticed rondo walking away from the team huddle and pierce getting on his face. I dont know what pierce told him but it must had hit a nerve. ????????????
    Posted by Wade3

Thanks...the only way he redeems himself is by helping take the next two games...I think the Heat smell blood in the water! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatchoice. Show fatchoice's posts

All I can say is that if this series doesn't go to game 7, the reputation of the Big-3, Rondo and Doc is at stake. On paper, the Celtics has lots of talents, even in the bench players. Shaquille is a factor, but I don't think anybody expect him to be that critical at the second round. I can only blame Rondo for the mess we're in. He is too inconsistent. Doc is partly to blame for not utilizing/integrating the new players. For what it's worth, I can only hope that all thes poor performances have been part of the Doc's 'strategies', and that the true Celtics team has yet to emerge. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

In Response to Re: RONDO IS NOT DOING UBUNTU! : Thanks...the only way he redeems himself is by helping take the next two games...I think the Heat smell blood in the water! 
    Posted by Tabuckiss

Not over yet. We need to take one game at boston or we are back at miami tied and anything can happen.

The celtics have the potential to turn it around. Trust me

I just hope its not this year against the heat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

All I can say is that if this series doesn't go to game 7, the reputation of the Big-3, Rondo and Doc is at stake. On paper, the Celtics has lots of talents, even in the bench players. Shaquille is a factor, but I don't think anybody expect him to be that critical at the second round. I can only blame Rondo for the mess we're in. He is too inconsistent. Doc is partly to blame for not utilizing/integrating the new players. For what it's worth, I can only hope that all thes poor performances have been part of the Doc's 'strategies', and that the true Celtics team has yet to emerge. 
    Posted by fatchoice

I don't think their reputation suffers anymore than Larry Bird's when the Pistons finally vanquished us. I intensly dislike Lebron James, but the man is the best basketball player alive when he wants to be. May not be the greatest human, but he can put the ball through a hoop like no other. And Dwayne Wade isn't a slouch himself. No Shame in losing to those guys if that is how this goes. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IanJB. Show IanJB's posts

Stop overreacting.

Rondo played the best out of the big 4 on offense. His defense was a little suspect but I'm guessing thats because he was told to be ready to give help defense off Bibby. Its much better for Bibby to hit a 3 than it is for Wade to hit a 3.

Series isn't even close to over yet, and without Rondo we'd be have blown out in Game 2. He scored so many points in transition and after a set play blew it. It's hard to ignore his contributions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: RONDO IS NOT DOING UBUNTU! : Not over yet. We need to take one game at boston or we are back at miami tied and anything can happen. The celtics have the potential to turn it around. Trust me I just hope its not this year against the heat.
    Posted by Wade3

i wish Laker fans on this board acted like you. Root for thier team but not act like total children (RUworthy excepted of course along with a few others.)  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

In Response to Re: RONDO IS NOT DOING UBUNTU! : i wish Laker fans on this board acted like you. Root for thier team but not act like total children (RUworthy excepted of course along with a few others.)  
    Posted by jtkl

Im not here to laugh at the celtics. I might say a few things over the top i agree with the others but im definetely here just to discuss both our teams since they are playing in the second round.

My grandkids would tell you im too old to be clowning around. Wink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

Rondo is fortunate to be playing with HOFers. He's not a sponge, though. Another player might want to learn every trick in the book from those guys
    PS It's not really hard to hit a jump shot when the defense slacks off. Why can't he do that?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

KG and Pierce played bad. Allen? I'm not sure, he had almost no opportunities. I have to rewatch the game to decide if it was his fault or bad teamplay.
    Green and West were good for bench players. Baby really killed us in the fourth.
    And Rondo, as impressing his stats looking, was outplayed by Bibby for the second time in the first half of a game. He stats were inflated in garbage time when the heat exchanged baskets.

If KG, Pierce and Rondo don't step up, Baby doesn't concentrate on his strengt and the Heat keep that percentage on jumpshots this series will be over soon.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

You call yourselves fans? I'm disappointed in this entire thread.
    Posted by Hippocrates

Exactly.  Why write their epitaph when its just two games on the road lost against a  good team.  Did we really think this would be easy?

To all those fans who thought Doc shouldn't play the starters in the last 3rd of the season and that home court didn't matter - this is what we get.  We can still win, but we don't have home court advantage so we have to expect that they have an advantage.   C's will have their work cut out for them, but they can do it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

IF the big three are not doing it , Rondo is useless, if in the future they build the team around Rondo , we will be lucky to be in the playoffs any year.  Go with West, Green and KG with mega minutes.

Sections
Shortcuts