Rondo is Not the Answer Either

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Rondo is Not the Answer Either

Strongly disagree here. It's obvious Rondo is bad from the outside and the free throw line but he is above average almost every where else. Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. He's not as good as Jason Kidd, do not misunderstand me, but Kidd was a horrible outside shooter also. Rondo has many of the same skill sets. If he could just become a good free throw shooter I think he could be another Jason Kidd or close enough to make me happy. My problem with Rondo is that late in the game he no longer plays with the same fire because he seems to be afraid of the free throw line.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

For years Kidd was considered one of the worst outside shooters in NBA history. He used to shoot from the outside at percentages not seen since the 1950's. He has never shot the ball above 45% once. He is a first ballot hall of famer who might be the worst shooter as a hall of famer i can remember (I never saw Russel or Cousy). Rondo has shot over 50% twice allready. I know that most are layups but I would take 50% over 40% every day, especially if he can become a 75-80% free throw shooter. Rondo needs to hit free throws and then he can take it to the basket like other guards in the last minute of a game like he does earlier in the games without fear.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondo has a total of 4 points and 7 assists in the 4th quarters combined so far this season... after three games.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

Make it like baseball then, bring in a PG "closer" to finish out the game.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Hahaha ... Fierce gets punched in his grill by a pre-tean, cigarette smoking, girl.

Take it to him ccnsd!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Oh ... poor baby

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

As bad a shooter as Kidd was (and still is) he is a better 3 point shooter than Rondo. But Rondo can get to the basket for easy layups better than Kidd ever could. I am not saying Rondo is better than Kidd (a sure fire first ballot Hall of Famer) but Rondo is comparable to Kidd on defense and while not as good a rebounder as Kidd (the best rebounding guard i have ever seen or can remember) he's very good for a point guard. It's those doggone free throws that holds Rondo back. He is the only player on the roster right now that can beat his man and take it to the rim on a consistent basis but teams are not afraid to foul him because he gives away points at the line. What made Pierce so great when he was younger was his ability to get to the free throw line. He used to be amongst the league leaders in free throws year after year. If Rondo can hit those free throws he could be a superstar in this league and he's allready pretty good as it is.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is Not the Answer Either:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is Not the Answer Either : Rondo had 0 pts in the 4th qtr. against the Hornets.  You can't drive to the basket all the time when your opponent knows that's what you want to do most of the time.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

How many minutes in the 4th did he play?

What % of his shots were layups for the entire game?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

The whole team stunk tonight and has stunk for three games so far. To throw out Rondo's previuos seasons after one lousy game is a bit of an overreaction, don't you think. Rondo has always been a liability late in games because he's afraid of the free throw line (in mmy opinion). He can still get to the basket, where he will clearly be fouled and cough up points. Giving it to Ray Allen or Pierce in the 4th quarter is a much better % for him now. He needs to change that by hitting his doggone free throws. Jason Kidd went from a 60% FT shooter to a 75+% free throw shooter. Kidd could never dream of getting to the basket like Rondo does. Rondo should be living at the free throw line like Pierce used to. Obviously a point guard should think to getting his team mates open looks before scoring his own but Rondo's dribble penetration has helped give the Celtics very good shooting %'s the past few years. I love Allen because of his ability to spread the floor for the Celtics but Rondo has been giving him a lot of open looks these past few years. Lets wait for the return of Pierce before we all panic. I do not consider this team a title contender (i thought the window closed with the Perkins trade) but I would rather watch playoff basketball than go back into the lottery right away. Other than Rondo the Celtic draft picks have not impressed me under Ainge (his ability to wheel and deal impresses me though).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

The only answer here is:
    Rondo for Westbrook, even without an extension!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Norris Cole maybe... but then he's only a rook!!!

Pud

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

They were in the finals two years ago for goodness sakes. He was probably their best player in the playoffs that year. Rondo is not the problem, one bad game and we are going to cut Rondo loose. If you are getting rid of Rondo because of a bad 4th quarter when the whole team stunk you better get something worthwhile in return. I'm no Deron Williams fan ( a headcase who ran a great coach out of town) and you are not getting Howard for him (point guard is not their biggest need and the Celtics have no one else tradeable anyways except expiring contracts). Lakers would probably love to have him though, point guard and speed are their two biggest weaknesses right now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

stupid post... did you watch the first two games?  Rondo's shooting free throws and mid range jumpers.. dumb post.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE] They were in the finals two years ago for goodness sakes. He was probably their best player in the playoffs that year. Rondo is not the problem, one bad game and we are going to cut Rondo loose. If you are getting rid of Rondo because of a bad 4th quarter when the whole team stunk you better get something worthwhile in return. I'm no Deron Williams fan ( a headcase who ran a great coach out of town) and you are not getting Howard for him (point guard is not their biggest need and the Celtics have no one else tradeable anyways except expiring contracts). Lakers would probably love to have him though, point guard and speed are their two biggest weaknesses right now.
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]

You tell him kid ... and Rondo was 1-1 on threes tonight and 1-2 on 16-23' along with his 3 of 4 layups. 13 pts and 6 assts not a typical Rondo game but after all he was "the man" in games 1 and 2 or have you forgotten already.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is Not the Answer Either : Rondo went in with 9 minutes remaining and went out with 3 minutes left. NO SHOT ATTEMPTS in the 4th! Is that the PG we need, someone who can only play 3 quarters? How many starting PGs in the NBA does not have a 3-point shot? Rondo is fun to watch but we will not win a another championship with him. It's year 6 of Rondo career and still no outside shot. Time to move on.  
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how many point guards have worse three point shots at the top of my head but i can name at least one. Andre Miller is much worse than Rondo (and Rondo is bad). Miller was a college superstar and a good NBA player but
    Rondo is way way way better than Miller ever was or will ever be.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Overreact much? 

Rondo did not have a good game tonight but he was our best player the first two games. Nice job creating a thread for the classless anti-Rondo trolls though who were just waiting for a bad game to get involved.

The thing that bothers me the most is that only a few Rondo die hards insist it's Rondo or nothing. Even Ainge is willing to trade Rondo for the right asset in return.

The main reason we lost these games is due to our horrible interior defense. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Don't think Ainge will try to trade him again unless it involves DH. Danny may have been willing to trade him for Paul to kill two birds with one stone (scoring PG and a drawing card for DH) but the only one left out there is DWill and he'll be FA in 12' anyway. He's a keeper now and a good one at that!