Rondo is Not the Answer Either

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Rondo is Not the Answer Either

this is pathetic...u guys couldnt say anything the first two games wen he absolutely went off..the second he has a mediocre game your all over him acting like he cant get the job done..its sad. that "inconsistent" jump shot u speak of is pretty consistent this year. yea..even tonite. heck, he even added a 3. he is shooting a good fg percentage and an acceptable 70% from the free throw line. you guys simply do not like the guy, and no matter wat he does he wont be accepted.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is Not the Answer Either:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is Not the Answer Either : Rondo had 0 pts in the 4th qtr. against the Hornets.  You can't drive to the basket all the time when your opponent knows that's what you want to do most of the time.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

you dont think his lack of driving to the basket was due to him being absolutely gassed?? didnt you watch him at the end of the half? he was exhausted and dying to be on the bench for some rest..he has played 40+ min the first two games and played 34 tonite...even Lebron doesnt play that much. as a matter of fact (and id have to check), i believe Rondo is on the court as much or more than any other player in this league.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I'm not sure if you are including me on your rant, but my posts make it clear that I am very pro Rajon Rondo. I can certainly live with his bad 3 point shooting because of every thing else he brings. I think what holds him back from the superstar level is his free throw shooting. I believe in Rondo, but this team is struggling  to get to the line. Rondo can get to that free throw line at will, but at times he's tentative late in games because of his free throw shooting. I consider Rondo the best player on the team and I am sure the Lakers and Kobe would love those wide open looks that Rondo provides with his dribble penetration.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Norris Cole two nights ago against the Cs in his 2nd NBA game got more big 4th quarter baskets that Rondo has had in his 5+ year career.

Rondo is not the answer. Cole is much closer to the answer.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rondo has played very well offensively so far.. Im impressed with his shooting improvement, including FT's.. More so, hes driving hard and getting to the line much, much more than last season. Only hope he doesnt get train wrecked doing that and can keep it up.

The only negative is his defense. I know, everyone wants to point to his making the all defensive team.. But, do yourselves a favor and wtach the games and forget about letting someone else think for you. Last night Rondo was a swinging gate on defense. Guys were blowing by him one-on-one and off of picks. Rondo is by far one of the worse picknroll defenders in the NBA.

If you wonder why so many opponents are in the lane taking shots, this is one reason ...

Id give Rondo an "A" for this season if not for his defense...so I got to drop him to a "B"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

C'mon Rondo has not been the problem at all in the first three games.  It is in the frontcourt and the problem is a significant one.  Without PP back to assess the team at this point all this questioning is premature.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]C'mon Rondo has not been the problem at all in the first three games.  It is in the frontcourt and the problem is a significant one.  Without PP back to assess the team at this point all this questioning is premature.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

If you are suggesting that there are currently worse problems on the team than Rondo... I for once can agree.

However of his eye-popping 66  points so far this season, a miniscule  4 have been 4th quarter points.

Rondo is not the answer.... either.... but he surely is getting his numbers, FWIW.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]The only answer here is: Rondo for Westbrook, even without an extension!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't even watch the Celtics if they trade Rondo for Westbrick. Funny stuff. Rondo can't shoot but the Thunder became the only team in NBA history to win a game whent the point guard shot 0-13 last night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is Not the Answer Either : I wouldn't even watch the Celtics if they trade Rondo for Westbrick. Funny stuff. Rondo can't shoot but the Thunder became the only team in NBA history to win a game whent the point guard shot 0-13 last night.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

If that had been Rondo going "0-fer", the cry would have been... that he does so many other things though for the team that don't show up in the box score.

And yes you would watch Westbrook in green.  We all would.... even those hoping for a train wreck.

Pud

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pud,
    We knew we were old but I for one did not think leg fatigue would be a problem in game three.  With no training camp of length these pompous spoiled stars were caught of guard, the league will be won by "survival of the fittest."  By the looks of it we are not very fit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]You guys are missing the point, I did not say Rondo is bad. All I'm saying is Rondo is not the answer we are looking for in the short term and for the future. Honestly guys, Rondo is our franchise player? I mean Rondo is our Durant, Kobe, Lebron, or Dwight? Our building block for the future is Rondo?  Once we start rebuilding our new guys will not be as good as a young Ray, Pierce, or KG. Rondo looked good from 2009 up to last season when our Big 3 was still very productive. Now we're seeing a Rondo with a not so good supporting cast.  Against Miami it was a rookie PG that killed us in the 4th. In New Orleans Jarrett Jack scored at will the whole game against Rondo.

So what is this master plan of yours? Rondo's salary in comparison to idiot teams paying Tyson Chandler and Nene 15+ million per is total highway robbery. What you don't get is they will have money next year but people don't want to play in Boston with or without Rondo. Dude is playing better than CP3 right now with trash around him. What's Deron doing with trash around him right now. Nothing.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Pud, We knew we were old but I for one did not think leg fatigue would be a problem in game three.  With no training camp of length these pompous spoiled stars were caught of guard, the league will be won by "survival of the fittest."  By the looks of it we are not very fit.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

No one thought we were this old, this soon.

KG looks like a zombie out there. I hardly recognize him... and JON is beyond awful. Well I do recognize JON.

The NBA needs to have a senior's league (like they do in the PGA maybe) where players over 35 can compete against their peers.

I feel for the older guys.

This is U-G-L-Y!

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

LOL. PG is the least important position to win an NBA championship and you think having a good one is the big achilees heel. It's everyone else.  Look at those titles Nash, Deron and CP3 have in comparison to a stiff like Fisher who handed the ball  to elite players like Kobe, Shaq, Gasol etc during his career and let them go to work. The Heat should have one the championship with Mike Bibby last year who is a bum. Get real.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GAShamrock60. Show GAShamrock60's posts

For the price Rondo is a good bargain and I see some improvement in his shooting and FT. He's not the problem at this point. Not having Pierce or Pietrius and Wilcox and playing back to back has hurt the Celtics. We will have oto develop our bench including the rookies to be competitive this year with the more athletic teams. Losing last night does have me concerned and I agree that Rondo was tired. Hopefully Doc will play Moore and JJ even if it costs us a game or two with the idea that our guys need more rest and perserved for the playoffs. What is the point of winning a couple of more games if we are to tired to compete in the playoffs. We might need a deeper rotation to be competitive since we are such an older team. KG while I think is still good is never going to be the go to guy. When Pierce gets back it will free him up and make him beter. Ilike Daniels but with no outside shot he is a liability on offence and allows other to be double teamed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pud,
    The question I have is what do you think Doc and Danny are thinking? Are they as surprised as us or are they waiting for PP thinking he takes pressure off KG.

The JON thing for me is killing them and putting pressure on KG he can't respond to. They have got to bench JON and let him sit until he quits.  

Friday will be a real test because if this team can't respond in front of the home crowd and PP in line up we are in deep trouble than even we thought.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is Not the Answer Either : We can save the season. Trade Rondo and JO for Pau Gasol. KG, Gasol, and Bass as the 6th man will be a force to reckon with.  Let Dooling start and add another PG like what the Celts did in 2008 with Cassell. We won with House, Cassell, and Rondo taking turns at the point. The Celts have 2 major problems that should be addressed asap. Inside scoring and rebounding are what made us lose to NO and Miami. Right now we're 27th in rebounding in the NBA with 35.3 boards per game. KG already failed to attempt a FT in 2 straight games.  Sure Rondo is playing well, but what is current record now?  In order to get value we have to give value. Rondo is the only one with high vaule among the Celts players right now.  We can't continue to average less than 40 rebounds per game. Even the Antoine Walker Celtic teams averaged 40 or more rebounds per game. There's no excuse for getting so few rebounds when we have a 7-foot superstar PF. If we continue with this set up we'll just be a middle of the pack team fighting for the 8th or 7th seed. Remember, the playoffs have back to back games this season because of it's a shortened season.  

I don't think you have a grasp of what Ainge is doing. You don't sacrafice cap flexibility to "save" as season in which no matter what you do you have minimal chance to win the title. He is  creating enough space to basically get 2 max players whether the odds of them coming to Boston are slim or not next year. You win with stars in this league. Not trying rebuild again around 30+ year old Gasol making 15+ million per then screwing up your cap.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

What your point? So you should just never save cap space and just tread water for a decade with overpriced players on the roster. You do realize there is that Heat team in the East that you have to attempt to compete with and you can't do that with a few good players. Regardless they will have cap space for whatever year there is are players that want to get paid and play in Boston. If you rather build around a 30+ year old Gasol making 15+ mil then a younger Rondo making like 11 then I guess we totally disagree.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Amnesty who? Gasol. Then your team is literally Paul Pierce and nobody. Amnesty Pierce. It's Gasol with nobody making 15+ million a year. If you talking trading KG for Gasol which nobody with a brain would do it makes some sense for now and the future but that isn't happening.  

Sections
Shortcuts