Rondo is Not the Answer Either

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Re: Rondo is Not the Answer Either

In Response to Re: Rondo is Not the Answer Either:
     They were in the finals two years ago for goodness sakes. He was probably their best player in the playoffs that year. Rondo is not the problem, one bad game and we are going to cut Rondo loose. If you are getting rid of Rondo because of a bad 4th quarter when the whole team stunk you better get something worthwhile in return. I'm no Deron Williams fan ( a headcase who ran a great coach out of town) and you are not getting Howard for him (point guard is not their biggest need and the Celtics have no one else tradeable anyways except expiring contracts). Lakers would probably love to have him though, point guard and speed are their two biggest weaknesses right now.
    Posted by ccnsd

I agree that Rondo is not the main problem but he absolutely hurts this team because he cant shoot from the outside or the foul line....Ive seen no improvement in all the time he has been with the Cs... In addition to this, he is not very good defenisively... he got schooled by Coles and then by Jack... I believe he has the abiltiy to be really good defensively but he gambles way too much and gets burned way too much.... gambling is good if you have a front line that can cover for you but the Cs do not....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

So you ho hum the 22 pts 10 asst 5 rebs and 2 stls but the high TO numbers are a problem? You didn't actually watch the games did you? The turnovers are high because he met these guys 2 weeks ago and these guys are amazed when he can them the ball, even so he has a 2:1 ratio. I guarantee at least 80% of his turnover have been from surprised recipients.
    The NBA League Pass is free until 1/8 watch every point Guard in the league and tell me objectively who is actually better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is Not the Answer Either : Like I said, Rondo is not bad, we just need an upgrade. Rondo will not solve the rebounding and inside scoring threat problem. It's embarrasing to average just 35 rebounds per game when you have a 7-foot KG and a 6-11 JO. Everything is from the outside now, Ray for 3, Dooling for 3, Bass outside jumper, and KG outside jumper all the time. No rebounds, no rings. Championships are won in the paint. If you want to be just a playoff team without home court advantage even in the 1st round then this is your team.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Celtics took the Lakers to 7 games just two years ago with a perimiter team. If the refs had not been blind the Celtics probably would have wone game 7. Even the 2008 championship celtics were primarily a perimiter team except for Pierce occasionally (I never realized until that season how bad Garnett was in the paint and how good his offense was from the outside). Westbrook is not an upgrade over Rondo. Rondo's numbers demolish Westbrook's. With Westbrook you would still have a dreadful outside shooter with out half the positives. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is Not the Answer Either : Please let's not blame the refs.  In Game 7 of 2010 Finals KG 3 rebounds only. In 2008 we won a championship with KG being the leading scorer and by using PG by committee.
    Posted by Fiercest34

I'm not blaming the refs (who were awful in game 7). I'm pointing out how a perimiter shooting team nearly won a title in 2010 and did win one in 2008. Ray Allen's all time stinker in game 7 was the real culprit. Rondo was the best player on the team in the 2009 & 2010 playoff teams. KG is practically the definition of a perimiter shooting big man.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Cool2011-12 Statistics Gasol

PPG
    RPG
    APG
    + 21.00
    Born: Jul 6, 1980
    Height: 7-0 / 2.13
    Weight: 250 lbs. / 113.4 kg.
    Years Pro: 10

2011-12 Statistics

PPG
    RPG
    APG

+ 12.33
    Born: May 2, 1980
    Height: 6-11 / 2.11
    Weight: 245 lbs. / 111.1 kg.
    College: Notre Dame
    Years Pro: 10

Gasol averaging 8 rebs/ Murphy... 9...???Is that the solution???
    Maybe we should have resigned Murphy instead....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is Not the Answer Either :  I'm not blaming the refs (who were awful in game 7). I'm pointing out how a perimiter shooting team nearly won a title in 2010 and did win one in 2008. Ray Allen's all time stinker in game 7 was the real culprit. Rondo was the best player on the team in the 2009 & 2010 playoff teams. KG is practically the definition of a perimiter shooting big man.
    Posted by ccnsd

Maybe that's why the perimeter shooting Pistons of 2004 couldn't win back to back titles. In 2005 the perimeter shooting Pistons also lost in Game 7 against a Spurs team led by a dominant big man named Tim Duncan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is Not the Answer Either : Maybe that's why the perimeter shooting Pistons of 2004 couldn't win back to back titles. In 2005 the perimeter shooting Pistons also lost in Game 7 against a Spurs team led by a dominant big man named Tim Duncan.
    Posted by MajorMajor

if you are saying the Celtics can trade Rondo for a young Tim Duncan than yes let's make the trade. I like Gasol but the Celtics problem is on the defensive end of the floor right now. I'm not sure giving up Rondo and KG helps with that. I do not want to watch Ray Allen dribbling the ball anymore in my lifetime if I can avoid it.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is Not the Answer Either : Rondo and JO for Pau Gasol, we keep KG.
    Posted by Fiercest34

That would help the Lakers point guard problem.  Who takes Rondo place?  We could definitely use someone like Gasol, but this leaves us with a bigger problem at the point guard position. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondo has a total of 4 points and 7 assists in the 4th quarters combined so far this season... after three games. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

After four games now and counting.... Rondo has a grand total of 4 points and 7 assists combined in all 4th quarter action.

75 points total for the season including 36 dimes.

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts