Rondo is too selfish and needs to pass more.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Rondo is too selfish and needs to pass more.

What a jerk turning into a scorer in the Orl game. Passing up assists to score buckets. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Re: Rondo is too selfish and needs to pass more.

In Response to Rondo is too selfish and needs to pass more.:
    [QUOTE]What a jerk turning into a scorer in the Orl game. Passing up assists to score buckets. 
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRADinLA. Show BRADinLA's posts

Yeah, right?  Trade this bum now!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsdynasty. Show celticsdynasty's posts

rondo only needs to score when their is limted offense coming from the others

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

totally agree. we need to trade him for one of those "pass-first" point guards, like say derrick rose, monta ellis or allen iverson

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

You mean MVP Derrick Rose?   Surprised

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Yeah, Rondo shoots way too much and KG needs to assert himself more on the court.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

[QUOTE]What a jerk turning into a scorer in the Orl game. Passing up assists to score buckets. 

Rondo is too selfish?  Which Rondo are you talking about?  Because I know you are not talking about Boston Celtics Rondo, the most unselfish player in the league.

Time Will Only Tell

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is too selfish and needs to pass more.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Rondo is too selfish and needs to pass more. : Rondo is too selfish?  Which Rondo are you talking about?  Because I know you are not talking about Boston Celtics Rondo, the most unselfish player in the league.                                     Time Will Only Tell
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]
    Easy there Chief.  I think he was making a joke.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Chief - we're just poking fun at the "anti-Rondo" posters who say he can't score and goes only for assists.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Rondo is too selfish and needs to pass more. : Rondo is too selfish?  Which Rondo are you talking about?  Because I know you are not talking about Boston Celtics Rondo, the most unselfish player in the league.                                     Time Will Only Tell
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]

I think he's talking about the mythical Rondo that dwells inside the minds of the Rondo haters on this board--you know the one who does what any high school PG can do playing with all that HOF talent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

It's hard being sarcastic in text hahaha.  If you guys are ready to give up Rondo, the Lakers could always use a starting PG.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondo finally put on his manpants. About time.

This is the way the game is played.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Rondo is too selfish and needs to pass more. : Rondo finally put on his manpants. About time. This is the way the game is played. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

sooo he has to score 26 pts every night in order for you to think he put his "manpants" on? i think Rondo takes wat the defense is giving them, and yesterday they were giving him oppurtunities to drive and score, so he did. altho his pts total was high, its not like he never does that. yes he was extra aggressive, but if you watch his game alot of times he drives and then dishes for the easy layup. 

p.s - is it just me or does he have a noticeable limp in his walk and wen he jogs? also a grimace on his face at times..i think his feet might be bothering him again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

It's amazing how a player goes completely outside himself for ONE GAME and here comes all the posts.  Rondo had a great offensive game last night.

But come on folks, Rondo scored a season high yesterday and has scored 20 points or more only twice this season.  Honestly, it's about time he took advantage of his opponent and played aggressive.  Let's see this display of aggression against some guy named Jeter with Sacramento or Bibby in Atlanta.  Most posters think Rondo can do this more frequently than he does now.  I'd love to see it.

It was good to give Ray (11 points) a break from the burden of scoring.  It was good that Rondo's offense compensated for a bad FG shooting game by Pierce.  It's good that Rondo can impose his will offensively.  Unfortunately, he does not do this enough.  The funniest thing is that he chose this against Howard.  I anticipate another 20+ point performance by Rondo tonight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is too selfish and needs to pass more. : sooo he has to score 26 pts every night in order for you to think he put his "manpants" on? i think Rondo takes wat the defense is giving them, and yesterday they were giving him oppurtunities to drive and score, so he did. altho his pts total was high, its not like he never does that. yes he was extra aggressive, but if you watch his game alot of times he drives and then dishes for the easy layup.  p.s - is it just me or does he have a noticeable limp in his walk and wen he jogs? also a grimace on his face at times..i think his feet might be bothering him again.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

He has to be aggressive, use his quickness and take what the defense is giving him... and hit his FTs. That equals manpants.

The game is simple.

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Some people are never happy

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Manpants found... manpants lost... again!

[QUOTE]Some people are never happy
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

After the Bobcat fiasco,  KG Love, you really expect me to be happy?

Are you?

A great game by Rondo... and then a stinker. I don't have a clue as to what to expect from this kid.

Some consistency quarter to quarter... and game to game...  would surely be welcome.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Wow, Pud, no responses after your post!  That Orlando game got alot of folks praising Rondo for sure.  ONE GAME later (the very next night) and it's back to an average at best performance by Rondo.

The very next night against a more inferior opponent, Rondo delivers a stinker and you don't see any posts.  Amazing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

don't try to pin this one on rondo. his 10 pt, 5 assist 1st quarter should've been enough to set up the win.

how about our bench being outscored by 30 points? without that, our tired 30 yr olds don't even play in the 4th

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

teh-n00b, I don't think anyone has pinned the Charlotte loss on Rondo.  There are plenty of other reasons as you so eloquently point out.  All I'm saying is that this thread started because Rondo scored 26 against Orlando, like he proved something.  Every player has a season-high at some point, you know.

It's like we didn't realize the Orlando game was a season-high in points but he could turn right around and play a stinker against Charlotte, which he did.  Rondo had a decent 1st quarter but he completely disappeared after that.  And his defense was very suspect, at best.

Before we go praising Rondo for 26 points, let's wait and see if he can consistently be aggressive and have the same kind of scoring results.  We did not see that the very next night against Charlotte.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Agreed, Petey.  The kid is pretty darned good, but he's not been showing it consistently recently.  A good game here and there is not enough.  I want to see him play with that fire all the time.  

What I see Rondo do too often is hold on to the ball for too long and pass up good passes looking to make the one great pass.  That hurts the offense.  He really needs to get his assists within the flow of the game, not control the ball for 20 seconds.   You're right, the loss is not on Rondo, its on the team.  But, he's part of the team and his activities were a part of why we loss (and his legs are too young to have the "back to back game" issue that some others do.

Sections
Shortcuts