Rondo Lovers Seen the Light?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light?

In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? : As I have said many times....  one of my, if not my first post, on this board was when the re-res on this board thought Jefferson, Perk, West, Greene, Green, Pierce, Allen, etc. were going to be contenders and they were going out on a 5 game road trip and I said the best thing to do was to lose all 5 games....  I was lambasted......  I think that was about 7 years ago..... deja vu all over again.....lose every game on the schedule and start rebuilding with actual talent..... stop pretending there is talent on the roster and that it just requires "development". Maybe we can go on these fairly fundamental premises..... You cannot win without all-stars..... 22 of last year's 24 all-stars were lottery picks..... this year's finals will include some combination of Rose, Deng, Noah, LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Westbrook, Durant, Harden, etc. Last year's finals included Dirk, Marion, Kidd, Terry, Chandler, LeBron, Wade, Bosh..... The year before the finals included KG, Pierce, Ray, Bynum, Kobe, Gasol, and so on and so forth..... without lottery picks or top 10 picks it is a fantasy to contend, let alone pretend...... The Cs have none of this but day after day I have to read how Etwaun Moore and JJJ are somehow part of the future...... The Knicks have Chandler, Amare, and Melo and they have added an undrafted good player into the mix and are playing well... one might ask how does an undrafted player have any impact.... well when you have Chauncy Billups, 'sheed, Rip, etc. you have 3 top 10 picks and you add Big Ben who was undrafted, etc...... This crazy notion that a team is just going to "develop" talent is sheer nonsense.......... A few years ago the Heat beat Dallas in the finals.... Shaq, Wade, white Chocolate, the glove, Antoine Walker, Dirk, Kidd, Marion, Terry, etc. were many of the starting 5.... I know people love to fantasize and somehow believe that Danny is some sort of superior GM but he has no trading chips and has virtually no talent on the roster......... So as I have said in another thread, Danny's legacy is in two pieces - assembling the BIG 3 and dismantling the BIG 3....... he has already shown that Rondo is not all that important to him if it would have provided him a glimmer of hope for the future....... But you guys go ahead and wax poetic about how great Danny's drafting prowess is..... he routinely leaves better players on the board than the players he drafts.. I remember reading how BIG Al would be a perennial all-star and when I suggested that Aldridge was a much better player I was of course lambasted.....  BIG Al never an all-star, Aldridge much better........  Danny has never drafted an all-star and saved Rondo falling into the 2nd round via a trade......  the BIG 3 dragged him to a title and then after all sorts of talk about the Lakers length being tough to deal with in the playoffs Doc responded "Rondo's inability to shoot really hurt us in the playoffs"..... when Cs fans said they would have won a title had Perk not been hurt in game 6 I responded that had Bynum been healthy there would have been no game 6......  reality kind of b ites but it is after all is said and done where most of us live......  there are actually the re-res that think that had Wade not hurt Rondo the Cs would have beaten Miami last year..... Bibby embarrassed Rondo off the floor in games 1 and 2 and the series was for all intents and purposes over... Rondo then basically tackles Wade and Wade falls on him and that somehow costs the Cs the series.... Just like last night against the Bulls when Rondo fouled Mike James tipping the ball away and then going after the ball Rondo goes over James back and basically throws him out of bounds and Reggie Miller says Rondo has ever right to the ball.....  LMFAO.....  that is a foul that is called only about 99.9999999% of the time..... There is no more overrated player in the league than Rondo......if Rondo's talent fills a thimble, Kyrie Irving and Tyreke Evans are trying to figure out how to split up the Pacific Ocean.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

So what do you recommend.  Celtics should move out of Boston and we should look to get the Kings move to Boston?  That way we can start afresh with a new team?  Fire Danny?  Fire Doc?  Amnesty Rondo?  Amnesty Pierce?

Hind sight is 20/20.  Lets see your foresight.  Trade Rondo for Irving? Given your assessment, the Cavs will laugh at it.  What should the Celts do after that?

Lets hear you.  I am eagerly awaiting your recommendations and not just the analysis.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Ray for Mo Williams Rondo and JO for Pau Gasol New Starters: F - Gasol F - KG SF - Pierce SG - Pietrus PG - Mo Williams
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    You honestly think the Lakers and Celtics will make a mid-season trade of All-Star players?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? : I do. We'll know soon.
    Well, it's never happened before that I can recall. But you'll right, we'll soon see one way or another.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

Fierce may very well get a trade,it just may not be the trade he wanted. I think Danny would only trade Rondo, if he could get back another allstar type talent. I think Pierce just may be the most likely one of the big 4 to go, he's younger then Ray and KG, and some contending team like the Pacers, the grizzlies, or Utah may jump at the change to get a player of Pierce's caliber.Could Pierce get us a Rudy Gay, or a Danny Granger, or Al Jefferson and a #1!!  Would Danny do it?  Would Fierce do it??

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? : I do. We'll know soon.
    I am in LA and this afternoon they had Marc Stein on ESPN radio who emphatically said that the Lakers will wait until at least March 1.  He said it was highly unlikely that Gasol will be moved and that the Laker demands are way too high.  They want Gasol for Love and Rubio. 
     Which he said will never happen. Dwight Howard was considered an almost impossible get for the Lakers as well.

The Celtics were never mentioned.  The other problem that gets in the way is the road trip we are on could see us get manhandled by the opposing teams they will face.  We are what appears to be already on a sinking ship.   Ainge may think this as well.  He knows the health and fatigue level on what is a very old looking team.  This could make him move but I feel Ray has lost much of his value in a trade.  Of course Rondo has value but this team may just not have enough with Garnett, Pierce, and Ray looking so inconsistent and subject to late game slow downs.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? : Rudy Gay for Paul Pierce is a no-brainer, of course I would do that deal! I already made a thread about trading Pierce for Gay during the lockout. Gay is just 25 years old and his best years are ahead of him.  Pierce is old and on the way down.  The problem is you're taking Chris Wallace for a fool. No way he does that deal.

I'm 100% sure Rudy Gay for Paul Pierce is a done deal if Kevin McHale is the GM of the Grizz. LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? : I also saw that report about the Lakers wanting Love for Gasol. The Wolves have been offering Derrick Williams to the Lakers since draft night. Here's the thing, it's not just about Gasol's value as a player. He's one of the highest paid players in the NBA at 19m per year. If the Lakers don't move his contract now the Lakers will be in the purgatory, so to speak, until 2014. By that time Gasol would have depreciated.  Kobe and Gasol will total  46.85m next season. Add Bynum's 16.1m and 17m from Peace, Walton, and Blake and you know you're in big trouble. Another 2 years of mediocrity, another 2 years of having the same team as this year. That's why I think the Lakers are just bluffing. They just want to get the most out of everyone for Gasol.

GaSoft will not be walking throught those doors!!!!  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? : Rudy Gay for Paul Pierce is a no-brainer, of course I would do that deal! I already made a thread about trading Pierce for Gay during the lockout. Gay is just 25 years old and his best years are ahead of him.  Pierce is old and on the way down.  The problem is you're taking Chris Wallace for a fool. No way he does that deal.

If you already made a thread about it, you must have took Wallace for a fool too!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? : I'm 100% sure Rudy Gay for Paul Pierce is a done deal if Kevin McHale is the GM of the Grizz. LOL
    Posted by ConnectingRod[/QUOTE]

Now that's a new one, talking to yourself!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? : That's where you're weak, you have no foresight. During the lockout Pierce was coming off career highs in FG%, 49.7% and FT%, 86%. Meaning, Pierce's value was high back then. Now, we are seeing an old Paul Pierce shooting 41% from the field and having the lowest scoring average, 17.3 ppg, since the Big 3 came together. So why would Chris Wallace trade his best player this season for an old All-Star?  Your hate for Paul Pierce brings out the turd in you. Ugh!

I just don't want you to be surprised if he is traded. Danny may want Mayo and a #1 who knows, and i didn't say Memphis was the only team that pierce could be traded to, did i? What did i ever do to you to deserve the name calling? You better be glad i'm in a good mood today!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

I think the Celtics can get Howard as a free agent next year. I think he and Rondo would be an amazingly unstable but fantastic duo. Compliment that with CPP, Ray, KG (both at team friendly contracts) and that's a winning team; even with an ever older Big 3. Enough lottery picks for ya dudda.
    Meanwhile not trying to channel run-run but whatever happened to Steamer and the tough Slovack swingman who can play defense and hit threes all day.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Howard is unstable; like Mr. Rondo; he could switch gears.  Dallas is aging like the Cs and Brooklyn, well hopefully they'll do better there than in the swamplands.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? : Your hate for Pierce is really screwing up you brain. OJ Mayo and a #1 pick for Pierce is not possible because salaries won't match.  Use your head, non-playoff teams don't want Pierce. What will they do with an old All-Star? The Pacers will trade Granger for Pierce? Ha Ha

Says the genius who wants to trade Rondo for Brandon Jennings!!  Who also predicted we would go 8 and 3 in the next 11 games!!  HaHa indeed!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Its pretty bad around here when we are sitting around saying if this team does this and that team does that and we trade these three players for those two players and they make a deal for our third player we can move up to 8th in the seed rankings.  This is getting to be totally crazy.  If all these so called instant cures were so easy to do, do you think DA would be doing nothing at this point?  If we really think one player is going to make us "elite" again, please call me , I have this terrific bridge on 369 i need to sell.  It has lots of traffic and would be a perfect place for a toll. Can we just get real here and try to do something for the future and quit worrying about this year.  Yea we might make the playoffs,  it doesn't matter what seed. 8th or 4th,  were still going to probably get beat in the second round with what we got.  Making a trade to get the 8th seed just in case Rose is hampered by injuries is insane.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]Its pretty bad around here when we are sitting around saying if this team does this and that team does that and we trade these three players for those two players and they make a deal for our third player we can move up to 8th in the seed rankings.  This is getting to be totally crazy.  If all these so called instant cures were so easy to do, do you think DA would be doing nothing at this point?  If we really think one player is going to make us "elite" again, please call me , I have this terrific bridge on 369 i need to sell.  It has lots of traffic and would be a perfect place for a toll. Can we just get real here and try to do something for the future and quit worrying about this year.  Yea we might make the playoffs,  it doesn't matter what seed. 8th or 4th,  were still going to probably get beat in the second round with what we got.  Making a trade to get the 8th seed just in case Rose is hampered by injuries is insane.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

You're starting to make sense!!  I must be getting sick!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? :  You're starting to make sense!!  I must be getting sick!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Maybe your just starting to see the light!!!

Sections
Shortcuts