Rondo Lovers Seen the Light?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kycleptic. Show kycleptic's posts

Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light?

Celtic fans in LA give up so easily. Must be the weather. lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

M.James is not a D-leaguer, He was on the Heat last year kicking our tails in the playoffs I believe..

He played for the Celtics as well as a host of other teams. He may have come from the D-leaugue years ago,  but he has been a proven NBA player for years...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

When did Mike James kick our butts in the playoffs with the Heat last year?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light?:
    [QUOTE]Unless the Celtics will go on a 10-game losing streak the Celts will be in the playoffs. So might as well tweak the roster so that we will have a fighting chance in the 1st round.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    I think it is possible that this Celtic team could go on an extended losing streak while hitting the wall of fatigue on the road.  Doc played the big three like it was the playoffs last night and we lost anyway.  Doc just cannot get away from playing this starting five and I believe like a good captain he will go down with this ship and start anew next year.

We are losing valuable time by not making a move that you envision and I am disgusted that they appear not to have a real plan.  Our record after this road trip is going to be a lot worse and with 24 out of 38 games on the road for the rest of the season this team is going to be a shell of itself with this personnel. They need to make some moves that will improve their rebounding this year and for the near future. They are not doing it and their record is going to get worse waiting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]Fierce and all your aliases.... no trades!!!  np tweaks!!!!!!  It's time to foreclose on the season and rebuild and in 2-3 years we will be back!!!  GaSoft, Kaman, or Gortat is not the answer. Oh, flashy PG...aren't Westbrook, Dwill and Rose all flashy? If you can't see that the window is shut and the house boarded up then your going to be disappointed in April/May.  Keep proposing trades all day and night on BDC, but DA isn't logging on!!!!  
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]
    jdm894g, I agree with you.

We are NOT getting Gasol because we have nothing LA wants in a trade.  LA doesn't want Rondo because if they did, they'd have him by now.  We are NOT getting Kaman because we have nothing NOH wants in a trade.

Many on this board THINK this team is a center (or a trade) away from contending.  WE ARE NOT.  PP is below average on more nights that he's spectacular.  He has no lift nor can he get and make his shot on a consistent basis any longer.  Same situation for RA and KG.  A center (or trade) won't all of a sudden make RA's perimeter shot consistent again.  Nobody will walk through that door who is 7' tall and will provide 14 ppg and 11 rpg.  Aint goin' to happen so let's abandon that idea.

We are going to see more inconsistent game-to-game performances by our major contributors than we can imagine.  These guys just cannot bring it on a nightly basis any longer.  PP may get 26 one game and RA might hit for 22 but they won't get numbers like that for any "stretch" of games.

This team is a mess and there are not many options available to it right now.  We may just have to ride this season out because we most likely WILL NOT be able to obtain a difference-maker because we don't have any pieces to package to get one.

I am a die-hard Celtics fan but I'm also a realistic one

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

My bad, I thought it was the Heat. Whatever team M.James played for, he came off the bench last year and killed us....Im still looking for it..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? : I think it is possible that this Celtic team could go on an extended losing streak while hitting the wall of fatigue on the road.  Doc played the big three like it was the playoffs last night and we lost anyway.  Doc just cannot get away from playing this starting five and I believe like a good captain he will go down with this ship and start anew next year. We are losing valuable time by not making a move that you envision and I am disgusted that they appear not to have a real plan.  Our record after this road trip is going to be a lot worse and with 24 out of 38 games on the road for the rest of the season this team is going to be a shell of itself with this personnel. They need to make some moves that will improve their rebounding this year and for the near future. They are not doing it and their record is going to get worse waiting.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I don't know (and neither do you) that they don't have a plan. Maybe they do/did, but  the other teams may not like those plans. I think it will be painful this year and I'm not that confident about the rebuilding either. Maybe start completely from scratch with all young, unproven players?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? : jdm894g, I agree with you. We are NOT getting Gasol because we have nothing LA wants in a trade.  LA doesn't want Rondo because if they did, they'd have him by now.  We are NOT getting Kaman because we have nothing NOH wants in a trade. Many on this board THINK this team is a center (or a trade) away from contending.  WE ARE NOT.  PP is below average on more nights that he's spectacular.  He has no lift nor can he get and make his shot on a consistent basis any longer.  Same situation for RA and KG.  A center (or trade) won't all of a sudden make RA's perimeter shot consistent again.  Nobody will walk through that door who is 7' tall and will provide 14 ppg and 11 rpg.  Aint goin' to happen so let's abandon that idea. We are going to see more inconsistent game-to-game performances by our major contributors than we can imagine.  These guys just cannot bring it on a nightly basis any longer.  PP may get 26 one game and RA might hit for 22 but they won't get numbers like that for any "stretch" of games. This team is a mess and there are not many options available to it right now.  We may just have to ride this season out because we most likely WILL NOT be able to obtain a difference-maker because we don't have any pieces to package to get one. I am a die-hard Celtics fan but I'm also a realistic one
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

I do think they could contend this year by adding a really good, big/rebounder. But you're right in that we're not going to get one.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

What can Danny do?  Danny doesn't have any moves to make.  Who wants JON right now?  Who wants RA right now?  Who wants Rondo right now?  Who wants JJJ right now?  Who wants AB right now?  We have all of these trade scenarios but THEY ONLY HELP THE CELTICS.

Why do we think we can add a really good center who can rebound and provide some inside presence when we have nothing of value that another teams wants in order to give up that really good center?  LA doesn't respect Rondo's game enough to even guard him when we play but we think they're willing to give up Pau Gasol for him (major players in a trade).  That is too funny.

If DA had a move, who believes he would not have already sought to make that move?  And he's not going to sacrifice our future salary cap in that pursuit.  We may just have to ride this season out, hope for the best and prepare for the worse. 

Sometimes the best move is NO MOVE!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]What can Danny do?  Danny doesn't have any moves to make.  Who wants JON right now?  Who wants RA right now?  Who wants Rondo right now?  Who wants JJJ right now?  Who wants AB right now?  We have all of these trade scenarios but THEY ONLY HELP THE CELTICS. Why do we think we can add a really good center who can rebound and provide some inside presence when we have nothing of value that another teams wants in order to give up that really good center?  LA doesn't respect Rondo's game enough to even guard him when we play but we think they're willing to give up Pau Gasol for him (major players in a trade).  That is too funny. If DA had a move, who believes he would not have already sought to make that move?  And he's not going to sacrifice our future salary cap in that pursuit.  We may just have to ride this season out, hope for the best and prepare for the worse.  Sometimes the best move is NO MOVE!
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Also the second best move is not to make into the playoff where they can hopefully get the top five lottery pick!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? : What? No one wants Rondo? The best PG in the association, bar none!
    Man, you are too funny.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? : Seriously, Pete, Rondo's trade value has never been higher after what he did the last 3 games.
    We'll found out soon enough. Maybe worth a bet...? Will DA make a move or not??

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Below is my response to Petey 62 in another post about aquiring Robin Lopez.  Petey has made other comments on this thread similar that the answer to improving our team is not just getting a competent 7 footer. We'll be a bit better but not championship calibre. I comment below his.

From Petey 62: "Robin Lopez is averaging 4.3 ppg and 3.1 rpg.  He DOES NOT have the same talent as his brother Brook or he would be the starting center in Phoenix.  JON's averages are better than his AND JON will take a charge or two.  Lopez will do nothing to improve this team.  He's not a particularly skilled offensive player and he is not a rebounder.  Why obtain him when we already have Wilcox (same type of player)?  It would be a waste to obtain him. We are NOT getting Gasol because we have nothing LA wants in a trade.  LA doesn't want Rondo because if they did, they'd have him by now.  We are NOT getting Kaman because we have nothing NOH wants in a trade.  And IF Kaman gets bought out, he most definitely won't come to Boston.  Why would he? Many on this board THINK this team is a center away from contending.  WE ARE NOT.  A center won't give PP lift or make his shot fall.  A center won't all of a sudden make RA's perimeter shot consistent again.  Nobody will walk through that door who is 7' tall and will provide 14 ppg and 11 rpg.  Aint goin' to happen so let's abandon that idea. This team is a mess and there are not many options available to it right now.  We may just have to ride this season out because we most likely WILL NOT be able to obtain a difference-maker because we don't have any pieces to package to get one. I am a die-hard Celtics fan but I'm also a realistic one.
    Posted by Petey62 "

You are so correct !!! The fairy is not going to wave the magic wand if we get a 7 footer and make us win the championship. If Jeff Green were not hurt, maybe ???
    But the real issue, in my opinion, is that KG, Ray Allen & PP are all past their prime. I sure wish we had won that 7th game vs the hated Lakers 3 years ago. Ray & PP having lost a step or two can't get open as before so they are less consistent & have good nights & bad ones. KG, taller, can shoot over defenders as opposed to Ray & PP but he's not a banger under the basket & prefers to play PF and not Center so does not put up many rebounds.

Anyway, I do not wish to be the prophet of doom but I believe your analysis of our team even with a new 7 footer is right on !!!

Regarding being a Celtic fan, although 45 years in SF Bay area, I'm a septuagenarian so go back to Cousy days !!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? : It's not realistic to think that DA can rebuild this team in 2-3 years. PP will still be here 2 years from now. It took the Pistons and the Lakers a decade to win a championship again.
    Posted by ConnectingRod[/QUOTE]

Dumars drafted Milicic over Melo. They would have been a contender for another decade. The Pistons were still very good when they drafted that stiff. Easily one of the worse draft screw up in the last 20 years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? : Seriously, Pete, Rondo's trade value has never been higher after what he did the last 3 games.
    Fierce, you are correct.  I don't dispute that.  However, what does that mean?  Just because Rondo's trade value is at its highest is not a valid reason to trade him if you won't get anything back that will make a difference this season and beyond.

Rondo's trade value is very high no doubt.  When we play the Lakers for instance, they don't even guard him, right.  So tell me, do you "really" think the Lakers are going to part with Gasol for Rondo (and some bum to make the numbers work)?  They don't even respect his game enough to closely guard him.  Why would the Lakers be pressed to obtain him ONLY to see other teams do the exact thing they do now in defending him?

Also, Rondo's trade value is highest IN THE EYES OF CELTICS supporters like you who want to leverage that in a trade.  Rondo's trade value wasn't exactly sky high this past offseason.  As much as he was mentioned in valid trade talks, no team thought enough of him to accept a trade.  OKC did not reach out to the Celtics about Rondo.  NOH did not reach out to the Celtics about Rondo.  The Indiana Pacers did not reach out to the Celtics about Rondo.  We approached THEM!  We're talking about the Indiana Pacers - and they chose not to move forward after checking out his leadership skills and attitude.

Who does that?  They vetted the guy out.  Also, Rondo's value is so high because WE HAVE NOBODY ELSE with ANY value.  No NBA executive is going to stake his career on 2 career-high games by Rondo.  That's just not enough evidence.  I would not do it and I'm sure you probably would not either if YOU were a GM.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? : Rondo is a 2-time All-Star and a 2-time 1st team All-Defensive. Someone even said Rondo is the best PG in the association, bar none! Ha Ha

I agree it is time for him to go.  I can't really "watch" (on computer) any more of this.  Danny has always said he can't sink back into the abyss.  Well, the abyss is coming!!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

It is time for ANY CELTICS player to go IF, AND ONLY IF, we are able to get some value for him.

However, with all the cap space this offseason, the likely return of Jeff Green, one or two solid draft picks who can contribute AND picking up a solid FA or two, we are not going to return to the cellar.  We will be in the playoffs next season.

If we can get a solid, young player in return for RA or KG, then I say go for it.  Other than that, I say keep the team together and look to re-load, not rebuild.

Even if we don't sign DH, we will have options this offseason to pick up players who will make us a playoff team with a totally different look (younger and more athletic) ALL WHILE still possibly having veteran backup players like Ray and KG (and hopefully PP will be a backup next season).

None of the elite teams will have any salary cap space and we can take advantage of that - not for the top tiered FAs but for the solid FAs who can contribute and not put us back in salary cap purgatory.