Rondo Lovers Seen the Light?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light?

I will always remember the Spurs having an off year and stealing Duncan.  To be a playoff team year after year without a real chance at championship is the way to oblivion in the NBA. Danny knows  that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? : Seriously, Pete, Rondo's trade value has never been higher after what he did the last 3 games.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    You honestly think trade value fluctuates like that?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? : In his latest interview, DH already said it's Dallas or Jersey. That means we have no one to give 20m to.  Deron will also join DH. The solution? We trade our cap space for a lottery pick. Before the draft or on draft night we trade KG's contract for a team willing to trade their lottery pick if we take in their bad contracts.

DH have been changing team names from one week to another!!

Plus Orlando havent decided whether to trade him or not.  So therefore, if he ever get traded, and that team happen to make a good run in the post season, who know he will sign with that team instead he decide on which team he wish to play for.

So right now we all do not know what is going happen from now to the end of the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fierce, if there is nothing out there that will make the Celtics an instant championship team, we have to re-load to make ourselves as good as we can.  If that means stock pile good, solid players (in lieu of obtaining that top-tier FA), that will put the Celtics in a position to obtain that top-tiered player later in trade.  The problem with us now is we don't have any quality pieces in which to package together to make an enticing offer for anyone.  We put all our eggs in the "Big 3" basket and now it's haunting us (and loss of Jeff Green).

Just like we constructed the new Big 3 5 years ago, teams are now copying that philosophy.  We'll have to be the leader in winning a ring using a new strategy.  We will have to draft quality players, develop them, keep them and develop a solid core and sprinkle in a FA here and there.

The first thing the Celtics need to do is give a FA a reason to want to come to Boston.  Right now, playing with the Big 3 is about as much as a deterrent as it is an enticement.  Nobody wants to play here and have to defer THEIR GAME in order to fit into a system that looks for old mediocre players like Ray and Pierce and KG first.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? : DH have been changing team names from one week to another!! Plus Orlando havent decided whether to trade him or not.  So therefore, if he ever get traded, and that team happen to make a good run in the post season, who know he will sign with that team instead he decide on which team he wish to play for. So right now we all do not know what is going happen from now to the end of the season.
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]
    I said in July I don't think they are going to trade him.  I think they will now try to add pieces to make a very serious run THIS year, while they still have him.  When they lose him to NJ (my prediction) in the off-season, at least the Magic can tell their fans they went for it all, and he didn't follow Shaq.
    NJ makes the most sense, since DWill is already there, and both can have max contracts.  I would love him to come here, but it isn't happening.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

What is Lin's trade value now as opposed to last year???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? : Also the second best move is not to make into the playoff where they can hopefully get the top five lottery pick!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

Agree that not making the playoffs this year will only help us to get a higher draft pick.  Considering how this team struggles it is definitely a good possibility that they will end up lower than the 8th seed.   I also don't think that trades would really help the Celtics this year, unless we can acquire someone who will help the rebuilding process and not be a short-term solution. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? : How is trading Rondo and JO for Pau Gasol compromising the future?  Even if we have Gasol and Pierce on the payroll we would still be able to sign a max contract player after this season.

You missed the second part.  Blow it up.

Trading Rondo for Gasol will make the Celts limp into the playoffs just like right now.  It will not make them contenders.  Invest this season in seeing what the young guys can become.  Then go from there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

damn i hate when im right cuz that is usually a bad thing,.I said it first,.rondo is handling the ball way too much that even ray complain about it!!!rondo right now is showing off but i think that's a good thing,.it makes rondo easy to make a deal for him cuz he's showing that he can play ball!but c's doesn't really need his ball hogging and his big ego.this should be good for us,

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

What we need is big guy.we don't need a flashy PG who can't even take the last shot,.bradley and moore will do just fine.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]Fierce, if there is nothing out there that will make the Celtics an instant championship team, we have to re-load to make ourselves as good as we can.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

That is the bottom line.  If there is nothing that will help salvage this season then all the moves should be made with the future in mind.  If there is no good way to use the cap space next season then save it and use it the season after.  The Celts need to leave this era behind and move on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I love people who think the answer to fixing the Celtics is trading the only young(ish) guy of significance on the roster to make the team older.  Rondo should not be traded unless Dwight Howard is coming back.

Ray Allen must be traded.  Even if the Celtics only get back a rookie/second year "prospect" type, it is still smarter than simply having him walk in the offseason. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

[QUOTE]I love people who think the answer to fixing the Celtics is trading the only young(ish) guy of significance on the roster to make the team older.  Rondo should not be traded unless Dwight Howard is coming back. Ray Allen must be traded.  Even if the Celtics only get back a rookie/second year "prospect" type, it is still smarter than simply having him walk in the offseason. 
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]
    You just watch highlights eh??Why people don't get it??We won 9 out of 10 with rondo out of the game??yeah rondo score 30,40 50 and what lose the game?damn he can't even take a game winning shot.but I think and most of us fans think rondo is hogging the ball way too much,.I like to see more bradley and moooore!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Danny's legacy is in two pieces - compiling the BIG 3 to win title #17 and how he dismantles the BIG 3......  the lightning rod in the middle is Rondo for some ridiculous reason......  trade Rondo for Kyrie Irving and start to build with a better point guard.....  building around Rondo is a recipe for disaster.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Danny's legacy is in two pieces - compiling the BIG 3 to win title #17 and how he dismantles the BIG 3......  the lightning rod in the middle is Rondo for some ridiculous reason......  trade Rondo for Kyrie Irving and start to build with a better point guard.....  building around Rondo is a recipe for disaster.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Did Rondo steal your lunch money or something?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? : Did Rondo steal your lunch money or something?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

No I am simply speaking the truth...   Danny's legacy is in two pieces - bringing the BIG 3 together and then dismantling the BIG 3, the major issue and the one that Danny tried to eliminate recently is that Rondo is not the future building block that most of the id iots on this board think he is....  I never had lunch money, my dad died when I was two years old, my mom made me lunch every morning until my siblings and I started making lunch for ourselves when she had to go off to work each morning..... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? : No I am simply speaking the truth...   Danny's legacy is in two pieces - bringing the BIG 3 together and then dismantling the BIG 3, the major issue and the one that Danny tried to eliminate recently is that Rondo is not the future building block that most of the id iots on this board think he is....  I never had lunch money, my dad died when I was two years old, my mom made me lunch every morning until my siblings and I started making lunch for ourselves when she had to go off to work each morning..... 
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Well I can agree about the legacy with Ainge.  I also think they can't build around Rondo, even though he is very talented. He game no longer fits what he has to work with.  He does have value and 90 percent of the guys you name as  better than him are wrong.  There are about 5-7 that are better than him.  The only reason is the shooting part.  Sorry you didn't get the spend time with your dad though.  Sounds like you had it tough. I guess your lunch now days is crow.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? : Well I can agree about the legacy with Ainge.  I also think they can't build around Rondo, even though he is very talented. He game no longer fits what he has to work with.  He does have value and 90 percent of the guys you name as  better than him are wrong.  There are about 5-7 that are better than him.  The only reason is the shooting part.  Sorry you didn't get the spend time with your dad though.  Sounds like you had it tough. I guess your lunch now days is crow.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

You said all you anyone needs to say when you say "his game no longert fits with what he has to work with".....   drum roll please.... because he is vastly overrated and if he was a complete player his game would not have to "fit" it would just be complete.........  if he was Deron Williams, Jennings, Irving, Kidd, Paul, and a bunch of others the debate about whether their games would fit would be irrelevant - complete players are complete and there is no need to make qualifiers.... I remember reading over and over again how Perk was one of the best young centers in the league that had no skills, could not make free throws, hands of steel, no footwork, no offensive game, etc. etc. etc.... so if you apply enough qualifiers you can make anything sound great.......  for example, someone dropped a giant havana in my toilet today so if I had nothing else to eat on the whole planet, it would be the best tasting piece of s hit I ever had.....  maybe that provides some insight....

thanks for the comments, my dad was an accountant (as I have been over the years), a war veteran, etc. but for whatever reason at a young age contracted some sort of heart ailments that were compounded by scarlet fever, he had a series of heart attacks and when the doctors told my mom (who was 24 at the time) that if he survived he would be a vegetable..... she had to let him go but she was 24 with my brother, myself, and my sister in diapers (3, 2, and 8 months)...... I think today it would be some antibiotics, an arthroscopic surgery and back to work Monday but it was 1964.

Life is like a box of chocolates...... Forrest Gump.....

GO C'S........

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]damn i hate when im right cuz that is usually a bad thing,.I said it first,.rondo is handling the ball way too much that even ray complain about it!!!rondo right now is showing off but i think that's a good thing,.it makes rondo easy to make a deal for him cuz he's showing that he can play ball!but c's doesn't really need his ball hogging and his big ego.this should be good for us,
    Posted by datruthpp34[/QUOTE]

This is not the first time Ray has complained about the ball not moving when he is having trouble getting open and missing the shots when he is open. He also said something about he moves the ball to the open man.  Ray does not move it very much or his assists would be higher.  Ray does one thing well and that is shoot.  When someone takes that away from us he is pretty useless. He should be our second best ball handler since he is a guard. People talk about PP turnovers and rightly so but at least he does create for other people and can rack up assists like he did when Rondo was out.  Ray should be able to do that but can't.  That is the main reason I would like to see Ray get traded for another player.  He can only do one thing.  Look what Stuckey and Gordon did to Ray and Rondo. I have to admit I would hate losing Ray or KG or Paul but something has to be done to get younger players.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Ray for Mo Williams Rondo and JO for Pau Gasol New Starters: F - Gasol F - KG SF - Pierce SG - Pietrus PG - Mo Williams

As I have said many times....  one of my, if not my first post, on this board was when the re-res on this board thought Jefferson, Perk, West, Greene, Green, Pierce, Allen, etc. were going to be contenders and they were going out on a 5 game road trip and I said the best thing to do was to lose all 5 games....  I was lambasted......  I think that was about 7 years ago..... deja vu all over again.....lose every game on the schedule and start rebuilding with actual talent..... stop pretending there is talent on the roster and that it just requires "development".

Maybe we can go on these fairly fundamental premises.....

You cannot win without all-stars.....

22 of last year's 24 all-stars were lottery picks.....

this year's finals will include some combination of Rose, Deng, Noah, LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Westbrook, Durant, Harden, etc.

Last year's finals included Dirk, Marion, Kidd, Terry, Chandler, LeBron, Wade, Bosh.....

The year before the finals included KG, Pierce, Ray, Bynum, Kobe, Gasol, and so on and so forth.....

without lottery picks or top 10 picks it is a fantasy to contend, let alone pretend......

The Cs have none of this but day after day I have to read how Etwaun Moore and JJJ are somehow part of the future......

The Knicks have Chandler, Amare, and Melo and they have added an undrafted good player into the mix and are playing well... one might ask how does an undrafted player have any impact.... well when you have Chauncy Billups, 'sheed, Rip, etc. you have 3 top 10 picks and you add Big Ben who was undrafted, etc......

This crazy notion that a team is just going to "develop" talent is sheer nonsense..........

A few years ago the Heat beat Dallas in the finals.... Shaq, Wade, white Chocolate, the glove, Antoine Walker, Dirk, Kidd, Marion, Terry, etc. were many of the starting 5....

I know people love to fantasize and somehow believe that Danny is some sort of superior GM but he has no trading chips and has virtually no talent on the roster.........

So as I have said in another thread, Danny's legacy is in two pieces - assembling the BIG 3 and dismantling the BIG 3....... he has already shown that Rondo is not all that important to him if it would have provided him a glimmer of hope for the future.......

But you guys go ahead and wax poetic about how great Danny's drafting prowess is..... he routinely leaves better players on the board than the players he drafts.. I remember reading how BIG Al would be a perennial all-star and when I suggested that Aldridge was a much better player I was of course lambasted.....  BIG Al never an all-star, Aldridge much better........  Danny has never drafted an all-star and saved Rondo falling into the 2nd round via a trade......  the BIG 3 dragged him to a title and then after all sorts of talk about the Lakers length being tough to deal with in the playoffs Doc responded "Rondo's inability to shoot really hurt us in the playoffs"..... when Cs fans said they would have won a title had Perk not been hurt in game 6 I responded that had Bynum been healthy there would have been no game 6......  reality kind of b ites but it is after all is said and done where most of us live......  there are actually the re-res that think that had Wade not hurt Rondo the Cs would have beaten Miami last year..... Bibby embarrassed Rondo off the floor in games 1 and 2 and the series was for all intents and purposes over... Rondo then basically tackles Wade and Wade falls on him and that somehow costs the Cs the series....

Just like last night against the Bulls when Rondo fouled Mike James tipping the ball away and then going after the ball Rondo goes over James back and basically throws him out of bounds and Reggie Miller says Rondo has ever right to the ball.....  LMFAO.....  that is a foul that is called only about 99.9999999% of the time.....

There is no more overrated player in the league than Rondo......if Rondo's talent fills a thimble, Kyrie Irving and Tyreke Evans are trying to figure out how to split up the Pacific Ocean.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I posted this elsewhere but many before me on this post recommend trading Ray Allen & I agree. I will miss looking at his pretty Mother. I'm a septuagenarian so she's still a young woman to me. Too much seriousness on many of these posts so I felt like adding some levity.

Even though LA & Celtics are both not going to win championships this year, the better of the 2 teams are the Lakers. They need a PG and we need a Biggie. Which is bigger need ? Ours !!! They beat us in 7 games because Perkins was out, there was an egregious difference in foul shots, and despite their shooting 32% and Kobe 25% (6/24) and us shooting 40%, they beat us in rebounds. They still have Kobe & 2 biggies, Bynum & Gasol and missing Odom and Artest & Fisher both older and a bunch of mediocre others, Kobe and Bynum & Gasol winning rebound battles can put up more shots missed by their mediocre players.

We, on the other hand, are much more in need of making our jump shots because lacking rebounds we don't get the extra shots. So, in short, having a very good big man(men) is more valuable than having good PGs. So, we live with what we have & hope to trade or draft to build in the future or if we can dupe someone into taking Ray Allen, and I've liked him, and JO and others and a draft pick, for Gortat or Kaman, do it. I do not believe we can get Gasol unless we give up Rondo and you know, I'd like to keep him as I don't know if we can win a championship with Gasol and without a good PG. Gasol too, older, is good for 1-2 more years. Rondo, as good as any driving to the basket, finding an open man & the best PG rebounder, despite not a terrific outside shooter & foul shots, is worth a keep.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? :

There is no more overrated player in the league than Rondo......if Rondo's talent fills a thimble, Kyrie Irving and Tyreke Evans are trying to figure out how to split up the Pacific Ocean

So you honestly think that all of these guys who have played or coached in the NBA who consider Rondo a really good player are wrong and you are right? Seriously?  Anyone who calls Jennings a complete player like you did earlier has really questionable knowledge of basketball... he is a me first point guard who cant pass and plays no defense... and his shooting percentage s u c ks... get a clue man.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

The Birdman is now available from the Nugs!

Sections
Shortcuts