Rondo Moves

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Rondo Moves

I'm definitely in the trade Rondo camp, so what are (realistic please) moves by the draft you can see DA making? I'd love to get another lottery pick, but one thought I've been revisiting lately is Rondo for Westbrook. I'd seen this brought up in the past and thought it was pretty dumb, but after seeing the way that Westbrook is almost ruining the flow of the Thunder by wanting to shoot the ball instead of deferring to Durant I'm starting to think it could be a mutually beneficial move. Westbrook would immediately aid the scoring deficiency the Celtics were stuck with this season, and he's locked up for 2 years longer than Rondo. He can come in and be "The Guy" which seems to be something he really wants. It would take that pressure off whoever the Celtics draft as they wouldn't be expected to carry the team in year one. As for the Thunder, Durant works as well with the ball in his hands as he does with it out of his hands, but with Rondo at the point, the other guy with the ball would still be looking to make a play for him.

In the trade machine it works straight up, but I could see 2nd round picks exchanging hands, and maybe a contract like Anthony to even things out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Re: Rondo Moves

You have to wait and see how the playoffs shake down.

Personally I don't see any way that they trade Westbrook for Rondo.  With that said if Memphis dumps OKC in the first round?

It could happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

No one wants Rondo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No one wants Rondo.

[/QUOTE]

People really, really want Pressey though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I actually think that moving Rondo will be tougher than moving Green. There's more star PGs out there than there than those that give you what Green does. Obviously Rondo is better, but that's also the bigger issue...the fan-base will need to be blown away to move him, whereas getting almost anything for Green is a plus for most fans right now. I think this one would be a possibility, just because it seems like the on court relationship between Durant and Westbrook is deteriorating. Rondo might just be a better fit, and I'd have to think that OKC would be one of the places he'd really consider re-signing.

I would have loved that Kings trade that had been talked about, and I've randomly played around on the trade machine with a couple others that would leave the C's with another Lotto pick...but it'll definitely be interesting to see what DA can pull off.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to jgallag1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm definitely in the trade Rondo camp, so what are (realistic please) moves by the draft you can see DA making? I'd love to get another lottery pick, but one thought I've been revisiting lately is Rondo for Westbrook. I'd seen this brought up in the past and thought it was pretty dumb, but after seeing the way that Westbrook is almost ruining the flow of the Thunder by wanting to shoot the ball instead of deferring to Durant I'm starting to think it could be a mutually beneficial move. Westbrook would immediately aid the scoring deficiency the Celtics were stuck with this season, and he's locked up for 2 years longer than Rondo. He can come in and be "The Guy" which seems to be something he really wants. It would take that pressure off whoever the Celtics draft as they wouldn't be expected to carry the team in year one. As for the Thunder, Durant works as well with the ball in his hands as he does with it out of his hands, but with Rondo at the point, the other guy with the ball would still be looking to make a play for him.

In the trade machine it works straight up, but I could see 2nd round picks exchanging hands, and maybe a contract like Anthony to even things out.

[/QUOTE]

+1 I could see that happening

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

I actually think that moving Rondo will be tougher than moving Green. There's more star PGs out there than there than those that give you what Green does. Obviously Rondo is better, but that's also the bigger issue...the fan-base will need to be blown away to move him, whereas getting almost anything for Green is a plus for most fans right now. I think this one would be a possibility, just because it seems like the on court relationship between Durant and Westbrook is deteriorating. Rondo might just be a better fit, and I'd have to think that OKC would be one of the places he'd really consider re-signing.

I would have loved that Kings trade that had been talked about, and I've randomly played around on the trade machine with a couple others that would leave the C's with another Lotto pick...but it'll definitely be interesting to see what DA can pull off.

[/QUOTE]

Green only shoots 41 percent from the floor and is a horrible rebounder and only a decent ball handler. He isn't anyone that teams want right now.

I do agree that Rondo's stock has slipped though. I think a bad contract and a pick is what Ainge will get for him. But he still has some value, just not a lot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

rondo, bass, anthony and 2nd rounders for westbrook and perkins might work

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I think Green could definitely revitalize his career with another team. I know Houston's been thrown around as one, Miami would definitely be another. A third could be Portland. Pretty much anywhere where he would play no higher than 3rd fiddle...and an inside presence would be a big plus. His shooting percentage likely would go up if he had no need to press the issue as the main option (although he rarely looks like he's pressing in Boston anyway, I think he was). He's definitely got too hefty of a contract to get much back though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Green only shoots 41 percent from the floor and is a horrible rebounder and only a decent ball handler. He isn't anyone that teams want right now.

I do agree that Rondo's stock has slipped though. I think a bad contract and a pick is what Ainge will get for him. But he still has some value, just not a lot.

[/QUOTE]

Rondo to LA for their pick and Steve Nash - if it isn't in the top 5.  I don't believe anyone will give us a top 5 pick for Rondo.

or

Rondo to Detroit for Jennings and their pick.

These are the only 2 moves I think are plausible because they are the only teams Rondo may agree to sign an extension with.  LA will still have Kobe and enough room to sign a big name free agent.  Detroit has Rondo's buddy Josh Smith. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"one thought I've been revisiting lately is Rondo for Westbrook."

Impossible. Westbrook needs better coaching but is a top 10 NBA player (outer edge, but still). No way would OKC ever trade Westbrook for Rondo. 

"No one wants Rondo."

That's factually not true, Sacramento wanted him and it might have happened except that Rondo said no. 

Rondo is a lot like most players who have a year left on their contract - teams are wary of trading much because they are not sure they can re-sign him. Seems like a sign and trade could be doable but I haven't seen much analysis of how that would work in Rondo's case. 

Granted if Rondo insists on a max contract then other teams will likely shy away....

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]

I think Green could definitely revitalize his career with another team. I know Houston's been thrown around as one, Miami would definitely be another. A third could be Portland.

[/QUOTE]

Mmh, Houston has Parsons who is younger than Green. Maybe Green has the edge on the defensive end though. Miami has James, the best Player in the league. So Green could only play in a small lineup. His poor rebounding would be a problem there. And Portland: They have a similiar inconsistent, slightly higher paid, better ball handling version of Green in Batum. If there are no better Options for Green he might stay for a long time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think Green could definitely revitalize his career with another team. I know Houston's been thrown around as one, Miami would definitely be another. A third could be Portland.

[/QUOTE]

Mmh, Houston has Parsons who is younger than Green. Maybe Green has the edge on the defensive end though. Miami has James, the best Player in the league. So Green could only play in a small lineup. His poor rebounding would be a problem there. And Portland: They have a similiar inconsistent, slightly higher paid, better ball handling version of Green in Batum. If there are no better Options for Green he might stay for a long time.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, you mean DA made a horribly bad trade for Green...I agree :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"No one wants Rondo."

That's factually not true, Sacramento wanted him and it might have happened except that Rondo said no. 

[/QUOTE]

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/2/17/5421126/nba-trade-rumor-kings-offered-trade-package-for-rajon-rondo

Two months ago, Sacto was interested in a "veteran BUPG who pushes the ball," referring to Rondo.

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh, you mean DA made a horribly bad trade for Green...I agree :)

[/QUOTE]

No, I don't mean that. I said Green is not a significant upgrade over Parsons, Batum or the best Player in the game, Lebron James. But he is twice the Player Perkins is. OKC made a big mistake in that trade and that is still valid AFTER Green needed heart surgery.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rondo to LA for their pick and Steve Nash - if it isn't in the top 5.  I don't believe anyone will give us a top 5 pick for Rondo.

or

Rondo to Detroit for Jennings and their pick.

These are the only 2 moves I think are plausible because they are the only teams Rondo may agree to sign an extension with.  LA will still have Kobe and enough room to sign a big name free agent.  Detroit has Rondo's buddy Josh Smith. 

[/QUOTE]

Good post.

I agree that these are two REALISTIC trade scenarios. Now that they have been posted, do you make that trade?

Rondo for a 6th and nash or 9th pick and jennings?  (nash is just a salary match) Id prefer the detroit trade for jennings and the 9th pick, becuz nash is done. At least jennings can be decent starter (15/7/3) AND you get a top 10 pick, so you could potentially get 2 starters out of that trade, compared with the lakers trade you get the slightly higher pick but then you have to turn around and use it on marcus smart to replace your starting pg you just traded away. Dont really see how marcus smart playing out of position at the point, is an upgrade now or in the future.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Rondo or Green will not bring back equal value.