Rondo/Nate for Steve Nash

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

Rondo/Nate for Steve Nash

Would you do it?  Why?  Why not?  With a thrown in from the Suns the NBA trade machine says it would work--for what that's worth...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Re: Rondo/Nate for Steve Nash

I wouldn't do this trade. Nash is nearing retirement. He is also notorious for not playing defense. Rondo and Nate are both young guys who have room for improvement. I think Rondo will eventually improve on his offense and free throw shooting, just like John Stockton and Jason Kidd did in their later years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

please stop it...the dude is 37. how many years do you think he has left? have you given any thought that getting older seriously cripples the future of this team?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Wouldn't do it.  We need to start thinking about the future and Ainge should focus on a plan to replace the big 3.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo/Nate for Steve Nash:
    [QUOTE]Wouldn't do it.  We need to start thinking about the future and Ainge should focus on a plan to replace the big 3.
    Posted by docomospur[/QUOTE]

That would be the most ridiculous offense in the history of the NBA especially if you had Shaq-fu start...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

Soon Nash will come off bench and become cheaper.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

It's a one shot deal. either way this is our last shot at a title for awhile. the thought was who gives you the better chance this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]It's a one shot deal. either way this is our last shot at a title for awhile. the thought was who gives you the better chance this year.
    Posted by Micksoxx[/QUOTE]

Rondo has almost 4 years experience with the Big 3. No way will Nash learn the Celtics' system and develop chemistry with the Big 3 in just 2 months.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]please stop it...the dude is 37. how many years do you think he has left? have you given any thought that getting older seriously cripples the future of this team?
    Posted by atomic[/QUOTE]

Agree with you.  The Celtics don't need any more older players.  If you said that we should trade for Chris Paul, then I would agree with you.  He is my one of my favorite players in the NBA and would be a great replacement for Rondo, but not many players that I would consider trading for Rondo. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

I would do that if the Suns included their first round pick next year, otherwise tempting but no thanks. With Nash the Celts would score 5-10 more points a game, and give up about the same amount (since Rondo got hurt his defense has been quite feh)...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Wow, that would be a steal for Phoenix.  I don't know if you guys have noticed, but teams with Steve Nash tend to crumble during the post-season.  Why?  Because no defense at the PG is not going to get you past the elite teams. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, that would be a steal for Phoenix.  I don't know if you guys have noticed, but teams with Steve Nash tend to crumble during the post-season.  Why?  Because no defense at the PG is not going to get you past the elite teams. 
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

Sorry, not true.  Case in point, Derek Fisher!!