Rondo Not Essential to Winning Title!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Rondo Not Essential to Winning Title!

Despite my cousin shortening his name, I hold no ill will against him. I'm a proud Irish/Pollak/American, and I am a Rondo Lover not a Rondo Hater.

But in no way do I believe that Rondo is essential to our title hopes despite what some posters here claim:  that Rondo is the driving wheel on whom all title hopes ride.

I'll leave all the panicy posts to others and all the stats to stat freaks, and I'll go with what my BB intuition tells me based on what I've observed.

What I''ve observed is that this team is a team of winners and can win with  many configurations and that the addition of  Arroyo and the return of Delonte West, combined with the addition of Kristc and Green, the return of Shaq, and maybe of JO make this team a contender no matter what configuration of talent they field in the playoffs.

They have cruised, playing down, in many cases, to the level of their competition, but come playoff time they will not be playing down to anyone, but will elevate their game and be an even match or better to any team in the NBA, Rondo or no Rondo.  A healthy Rondo is a bonus, not a necessity.

Any C's losses during this period means a leaner, tougher team come playoff time.

This team, as now configured, has not even begun to tap it's potential.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: Rondo Not Essential to Winning Title!

So now the speculation is that Rondo is hurt?

Duh?

Did we need a mystic to tell us that?

His performance of late, do you think a player of his ability all of a sudden loses it?

Look at the knocks he's taken this season.  Look at his minutes the last few seasons.

Give the kid a break!

Duh.

-

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

you might be right.  delonte looked fierce tonight.  very aggressive on defense and offense.  he needs to stay in control.  rondo needs a vacation to get his head out of his fanny and heal up whatever's bothering him.  the team needs to put their foot down and take the foot off the rondo gas pedal.

whether he likes it or not

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Rondo is playing through a lot of pain......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Suuuuurrrrrrrre he is!! Laughing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I believe Rondo is essential. Arroyo is a capable back up and, as good as Delonte is, his often injured body is a concern. I am one who believes the team needs a good Rondo to get a championship.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Not Essential to Winning Title!:
    So now the speculation is that Rondo is hurt? Duh? Did we need a mystic to tell us that? His performance of late, do you think a player of his ability all of a sudden loses it? Look at the knocks he's taken this season.  Look at his minutes the last few seasons. Give the kid a break! Duh. -
    Posted by RajonRondowski

No, the kid needs to give himself a break.

Sections
Shortcuts