Rondo Not Going To Be Traded

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Re: Rondo Not Going To Be Traded

This would be a mistake. My fear is that Rondo will go right back to being Rondo next year and it will hamper the develop of everyone else. It's no mistake what we're seeing now with the ball movement. I'm done seeing the attitudes, the triple double one night and then take 5 shots the next night. He's too moody...time to move on.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

This would be a mistake. My fear is that Rondo will go right back to being Rondo next year and it will hamper the develop of everyone else. It's no mistake what we're seeing now with the ball movement. I'm done seeing the attitudes, the triple double one night and then take 5 shots the next night. He's too moody...time to move on.

YUP.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Have a feeling Ainge is sitting pat.........suprised other teams aren't seriously considering him though........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Sam Amick: Agent for Rajon Rondo, Bill Duffy, tells USAT that Boston GM Danny Ainge assured him today the Celtics PG won't be traded. Story to come. Twitter @sam_amick

Rumors tags BOSTON CELTICSTRADERAJON RONDODANNY AINGEBILL DUFFY  |   SHARE   Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Subscribe to HoopsHype rumors

ONLY Until DA trades him! DA has to fear the backlash and the effect a publicly confirmed, failed trade attempt would have on Rondo's mental stability. What else is he supposed to say? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

One thing we all see that a coach loves is chemistry and cohesion. It makes a coache's job so much easier and with Rondo controlling the ball 80% of the time Doc will not get chemistry and cohesion.

This post-Rondo team would be the pre-injury Rondo team by 10.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

One thing we all see that a coach loves is chemistry and cohesion. It makes a coache's job so much easier and with Rondo controlling the ball 80% of the time Doc will not get chemistry and cohesion.

This post-Rondo team would be the pre-injury Rondo team by 10.

Just like the rest of the NBA was doing to us before he went down.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Sam Amick: Agent for Rajon Rondo, Bill Duffy, tells USAT that Boston GM Danny Ainge assured him today the Celtics PG won't be traded. Story to come. Twitter @sam_amick

Rumors tags BOSTON CELTICSTRADERAJON RONDODANNY AINGEBILL DUFFY  |   SHARE   Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Subscribe to HoopsHype rumors

ONLY Until DA trades him! DA has to fear the backlash and the effect a publicly confirmed, failed trade attempt would have on Rondo's mental stability. What else is he supposed to say? 

I agree. The team could start to falter on this trip though. Especially tonight, to say the refs will help the Lakers with the griefing crowd for its owner is an understatement. The Celtics chances tonight are very poor.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

The 2 losses we've had (Bobcats, Nuggets) were winnable games and we could easily be undefeated. The team beat the HEAT, destroyed the Lakers and teams don't know how to defend them now. Who's #8...all of a sudden when did that guy join the team...oh when he could get enough shots to make a difference.

Sorry, I don't want Rondo back...the train should leave the station. Give PP and KG a few players that will help this nucleus make a serious push this year. They deserve it, they've been loyal. Worry about next year...next year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

The 2 losses we've had (Bobcats, Nuggets) were winnable games and we could easily be undefeated. The team beat the HEAT, destroyed the Lakers and teams don't know how to defend them now. Who's #8...all of a sudden when did that guy join the team...oh when he could get enough shots to make a difference.

Sorry, I don't want Rondo back...the train should leave the station. Give PP and KG a few players that will help this nucleus make a serious push this year. They deserve it, they've been loyal. Worry about next year...next year.

+8, +11, +4, +0

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

KG and PP finally leave Celtics..........Rondo gone..........what have the Celtics got though? You can't take all that all star talent off the team and say worry about next year, next year. I don't want to go back to a decade of being horrible.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

What you have is a nucleus that likes playing together and a ton of cap space.

I guess the better question to ask is "Do you want to turn the team over to Rondo going forward?" If you have to think for 30 seconds about that...the answer should be NO. The suspensions, the moodiness, dribbling the air out the ball.

We have enough players and the guys we get for Rondo to maintain in the East. No one is running away and hiding in the East. If we get one more piece (big man) the HEAT know we are coming. The C's are one team that the HEAT don't like to see.

It's proven we don't need Rondo to win. KG is still the defacto leader of the team IMO.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Rondo is no Paul/Irving both of whose outstanding play in the Allstar game was cited in a separate article. With Rondo last night vs Denver, we still wouldn't have won. We got outrebounded, a frequent happening on this team w/o a pure rebounder like Faried who put in a number of Off Reb layups surrounded by 2-3 Celtics. RR  would excel with a team with Big Guys in the Post to whom to pass and/or drive to the basket. 

Also, Only way I would keep KG & PP in Boston for 1-2 more years is if we traded Rondo for Howard or Cousins.

I don't understand all the posts KG bleeds green but NBA is a business and we need think about some youth for the future if we don't feel we can win this year so we selfishly trade him. He needs to waive his no trade agreement so if he does end up with the Clippers, it means he wanted to retire in his home location and try to get another ring. I would love a Jordan and Bledsoe straight up.

The problem is PP and it would be nice for him to to end up in LA home town, retire with KG and get another ring. I'm sure, too, they'd love some thrashing of the Lakers too in remaining games. But with PP to the Clippers, I don't think they have enough other players to fully compensate us. If the NBA is truly a business with no heart, the best trade staight up for us is PP for Josh Smith but sending him there would be like Siberia and would have the rage of Celtic fans. But last night vs. Denver, it was our youth, Green & Bradley, who really kept us in that game. Yup, I know the altitude was a factor but  PP committed a couple of costly turnovers & tossed up bricks & looked slow but DA continued to play him. Whether PP admits it or not, he'd be an effective bench player for a competitor these days.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

What you have is a nucleus that likes playing together and a ton of cap space.

I guess the better question to ask is "Do you want to turn the team over to Rondo going forward?" If you have to think for 30 seconds about that...the answer should be NO. The suspensions, the moodiness, dribbling the air out the ball.

We have enough players and the guys we get for Rondo to maintain in the East. No one is running away and hiding in the East. If we get one more piece (big man) the HEAT know we are coming. The C's are one team that the HEAT don't like to see.

It's proven we don't need Rondo to win. KG is still the defacto leader of the team IMO.

This team is not going to win this year with KG and Pierce as the primary options. Trade KG and Pierce. Really if we get Bledsoe and Jordan for KG, and Smith for Pierce IMO it not only makes us a better team in the future but a better team now. Then add a healthy Rondo to the team next year and trade him for real value. Where going to get nothing for Rondo now with a torn ACL.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I can't wait to read next year "what is Rondo doing?" "what happened to his shot?" "why did he bump another official?" "we played better last year without him?"

If you ever get a chance to trade small for big...you do it. Name the last top PG to lead their team to a title? The NBA is still a big man's league.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

You don't break promises to an agent. If you do that in the NBA, you lose all credibility.

If Ainge assured the fans then that's nothing. But if you give assurances to an agent, better make sure you follow through or no one would want to deal with you in the future.

Ainge could always tell him "the deal was too good to turn down", knowing he already had the deal in place. Who's to say the agent isn't bluffing. Until I hear Ainge on CSN say "we are not trading Rondo" I'm not buying it. The agent is trying to lay the groundwork for his client not to get moved. Didn't this same thing happen with Perk?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

If Ainge is getting a ton of calls on Rondo that's a good thing. It's different if he's making the calls and no one is answering. If teams are calling him he will wait until the 11th hour and get the best deal possible.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

ATTENTION TO ALL RONDO NON-HATERS:

Just a reminder that Rondo is a super-star, has carried us in more than one post-season game, is a leader in post-season triple-doubles, is a top 5 PG and is in perrenial consideration for an MVP award. Rondo is a unique talent, best skilled passer in the league, top ball handler, was leading the league in fg% this year, continually improves his shot, is tough, has excellent court vision, high BBIQ, excels at situational basketball, and throughout his career has been known for his defensive ability.

Its sometimes easy to forget with all the Rondo haters on this board. Danny Ainge has said that the Celtics would consider offers for Rondo if they were to get DH, CP3, or a ton of assets such as Denver got for Melo.

Oh yeah, I forgot. Rondo has the same # of championships as The King.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Just a reminder that Rondo is a super-star, has carried us in more than one post-season game, is a leader in post-season triple-doubles, is a top 5 PG and is in perrenial consideration for an MVP award. Rondo is a unique talent, best skilled passer in the league, top ball handler, was leading the league in fg% this year, continually improves his shot, is tough, has excellent court vision, high BBIQ, excels at situational basketball, and throughout his career has been known for his defensive ability.

Its sometimes easy to forget with all the Rondo haters on this board. Danny Ainge has said that the Celtics would consider offers for Rondo if they were to get DH, CP3, or a ton of assets such as Denver got for Melo.

You forgot to add several suspensions, attitude and a torn ACL.

Great post but I have a question. Could any of these teams go 9-1 or 9-2 without Melo, Bron, CP3, Kobe, Durant, Irving or Harden??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

You don't break promises to an agent. If you do that in the NBA, you lose all credibility.

If Ainge assured the fans then that's nothing. But if you give assurances to an agent, better make sure you follow through or no one would want to deal with you in the future.

WTF is DA making promises to agents anyway?! The only guy who ever wanted updates on his status was Ray and that ended up making him bitter in the end, so why is DA going out of his way and on the record to placate players who are under contract?

One minute he's telling everyone that it's a business and he'll do whatever is good for the team and the next minute he takes players aside or calls their agents and tells them not to worry that he won't trade them. Make up your mind and grow a pair Danny!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

You forgot to add several suspensions, attitude and a torn ACL.

Great post but I have a question. Could any of these teams go 9-1 or 9-2 without Melo, Bron, CP3, Kobe, Durant, Irving or Harden??

Sure. We went 18-7 without KG once. 

Sections
Shortcuts