Rondo Not Going To Be Traded

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Rondo Not Going To Be Traded

In response to wfdog's comment:

WTF is DA making promises to agents anyway?!

You have to believe that R9R is stress to the max about the prospects of getting traded and PO'd.

Since there are few if any takers and since Rondo is freaked out... why not cut your losses if you are DA, protect yourself.... and reassure Team Rondo that he will not be traded. 

Expect a LONG, LONG, LONG  recovery from  ACL injury... as a hedge against being traded.

Pud

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"My fear is that Rondo will go right back to being Rondo next year and it will hamper the develop of everyone else"

In case you missed my other post on this - it's the coaches' job (Doc!) and to some extent Ainge to be clear with Rondo on how he needs to play. To a large extent this kind of failing is on the coach. Just like D'Antoni having no idea how to coach up Gasol and Howard. 

To get rid of your best talent because your coach can't handle it reflects very badly on the coach. 

Rondo should be traded if a better option can be gained. Not because Doc can't coach im.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

ATTENTION TO ALL RONDO NON-HATERS:

Just a reminder that Rondo is a super-star, has carried us in more than one post-season game, is a leader in post-season triple-doubles, is a top 5 PG and is in perrenial consideration for an MVP award. Rondo is a unique talent, best skilled passer in the league, top ball handler, was leading the league in fg% this year, continually improves his shot, is tough, has excellent court vision, high BBIQ, excels at situational basketball, and throughout his career has been known for his defensive ability.

Its sometimes easy to forget with all the Rondo haters on this board. Danny Ainge has said that the Celtics would consider offers for Rondo if they were to get DH, CP3, or a ton of assets such as Denver got for Melo.

Oh yeah, I forgot. Rondo has the same # of championships as The King.

So does Brian Scalabrine!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Since there are few if any takers"

There would be if he wasn't hurt. Just because you hate a player on a very good contract doesn't mean other GMs share your views. But yeah, he's hurt and can't help your team so you don't trade for him now. That's obvious. 

I guarantee you he will be ready ealry in the year, he won't make excuses not to play. You have Rondo's hangups all wrong. 

I'm going to hold off on the trade deadline to comment further. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beezer. Show beezer's posts

ainge has gerbil nuts-nothing is going to happen, he's so dumb he thinks he can win with no rebounding among other things , like no point guard.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

ATTENTION TO ALL RONDO NON-HATERS:

Just a reminder that Rondo is a super-star, has carried us in more than one post-season game, is a leader in post-season triple-doubles, is a top 5 PG and is in perrenial consideration for an MVP award. Rondo is a unique talent, best skilled passer in the league, top ball handler, was leading the league in fg% this year, continually improves his shot, is tough, has excellent court vision, high BBIQ, excels at situational basketball, and throughout his career has been known for his defensive ability.

Its sometimes easy to forget with all the Rondo haters on this board. Danny Ainge has said that the Celtics would consider offers for Rondo if they were to get DH, CP3, or a ton of assets such as Denver got for Melo.

Oh yeah, I forgot. Rondo has the same # of championships as The King.

So does Brian Scalabrine!!

Scal started for a stretch of games ( in 08 I think) for KG who was hurt and the C's went on a run. Scal's a good player, but you wouldn't say that we no longer needed KG.

The whole we are better without Rondo is such malarky.

The only Rondo trade that would make sense is an all-in for this year, aka a Rondo for Cousins & Evans - something along those lines.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

This would be a mistake. My fear is that Rondo will go right back to being Rondo next year and it will hamper the develop of everyone else. It's no mistake what we're seeing now with the ball movement. I'm done seeing the attitudes, the triple double one night and then take 5 shots the next night. He's too moody...time to move on.

Chill out ... Rondo was made to run. He just got caught up in the half court set needed to accomodate our vets. Once he's back and knows that the fast break is the name of the game, he'll settle in nicely as long as his knee cooperates.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

There would be if he wasn't hurt. Just because you hate a player on a very good contract doesn't mean other GMs share your views. But yeah, he's hurt and can't help your team so you don't trade for him now. That's obvious. 

I guarantee you he will be ready ealry in the year, he won't make excuses not to play. You have Rondo's hangups all wrong. 

The last known taker for R9R were the T-Wolves in the trade for KG.

Since then.... nada.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

The last known taker for R9R were the T-Wolves in the trade for KG.

Since then.... nada.

Pud

Wow. great to know. Of course Danny was willing to walk away from the whole KG deal if Rondo was included which is why Rondo is still here and and not in Minnesota.

Now since Ainge won't trade Rondo unless he either gets a player like Chris Paul or Dwight Howard, or multiple young assets like the nuggets got for Carmelo, it looks like you're stuck complaining about Rondo for some time.

Sorry Pud hopefully it's not too big a blow. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

The simple truth is DA cant trade Rondo if hes expecting a star in return...

The guys attitude and assists over team mentality is not what teams give away stars for, especially one that doesnt play defense.  More so, Rondo tore his ACL and is damaged goods... and no matter what the Celtics or anyone else says, nobody gonna roll the dice on Rondos recovery and give up a top player...NOBODY

DA is reassuring ROndo he wont be traded is smart thinking...cause DA knows he's untradeable.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

One thing we all see that a coach loves is chemistry and cohesion. It makes a coache's job so much easier and with Rondo controlling the ball 80% of the time Doc will not get chemistry and cohesion.

This post-Rondo team would be the pre-injury Rondo team by 10.

Just like the rest of the NBA was doing to us before he went down.

I thought you have moved past this Rondo thing? Isnt that what you said in a different thread?