Rondo Not Returning In January

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: Rondo Not Returning In January

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A. Sherrod Blakely @SherrodbCSN

When asked if January was realistic for his return, Rondo said, "no." #Celticstalk

[/QUOTE]

i think he will..he's going to surprise everyone...why would he tell blakely? the guy is crap...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

A. Sherrod Blakely @SherrodbCSN

When asked if January was realistic for his return, Rondo said, "no." #Celticstalk

[/QUOTE]

The kid's anxious that he's going to be traded once he's back.

Maybe management needs to reassure him for the 1,000th time that "he's the guy."

Pud

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]Mark Murphy @Murf56 Follow

Rondo says late January at best, maybe February.

9:40 AM - 23 Dec 2013[/QUOTE]

are we tanking yet?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Yes, we are tanking.

Lottery, here we come.

I have my hopes set on Embiid.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to R9R's comment:

[QUOTE]

are we tanking yet?

[/QUOTE]

Tanking doesn't officially start until after the trade deadline.

[/QUOTE]

with our team..we don't have to tank....just let it happen...

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to raider3524's comment:

[QUOTE]

with our team..we don't have to tank....just let it happen...

[/QUOTE]

True.

But we can enhance it further.

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

i'm pretty sure we can...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

"It might be mid-January, late February, I’m going to come back when the time is right and I get my stamina," Rondo said after the Celtics' 106-79 loss to the Pacers at Bankers Life Fieldhouse on Sunday.

He later, "I’m just listening to my agent body. If my agent body told me I was 100 percent, I’d be playing now. I’m not.”

Ouch!!!  Guess who is half-stepping it thru rehab?

Wonder how his agent body will feel if he can somehow slide  past trade deadline?

Brandon Knight.... where are you?

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to chris33's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yes, we are tanking.

Lottery, here we come.

[/QUOTE]

Now we're tanking?

Didn't you tell us, a few weeks ago, that the Celts would have a winning record by January?

[/QUOTE]

the guy has the attention span of a squirrel.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"It might be mid-January, late February, I’m going to come back when the time is right and I get my stamina," Rondo said after the Celtics' 106-79 loss to the Pacers at Bankers Life Fieldhouse on Sunday.

He later, "I’m just listening to my agent body. If my agent body told me I was 100 percent, I’d be playing now. I’m not.”

Wonder how his agent body will feel if he can somehow slide  past trade deadline?

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Lets all get mad about Rondo!

Nah.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

I was reading that too and it didn't make sense.  Rondo said mid-January or late-February.  What happened to early or mid-February?  He just skipped those timeframes.  It doesn't take two full months to get in basketball shape.

I have to believe Rondo has been working out and doing basketball-related drills.  Now that he can participate in full contact basketball, he can now play full 5-on-5.  But it doesn't mean that this is when he will START getting into basketball shape.  That should have been something he has been doing for awhile.

Hopefully he will return sooner than late-February.  There won't be enough practices for him to get in shape via practices.  He'll have to return to play in games to get fully in shape and build that stamina up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

I was reading that too and it didn't make sense.  Rondo said mid-January or late-February.  What happened to early or mid-February?  He just skipped those timeframes.  It doesn't take two full months to get in basketball shape.

I have to believe Rondo has been working out and doing basketball-related drills.  Now that he can participate in full contact basketball, he can now play full 5-on-5.  But it doesn't mean that this is when he will START getting into basketball shape.  That should have been something he has been doing for awhile.

Hopefully he will return sooner than late-February.  There won't be enough practices for him to get in shape via practices.  He'll have to return to play in games to get fully in shape and build that stamina up.

[/QUOTE]

Either way, he comes off smelling like a Rose(feel free to confirm or deny, ladies)...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

"Rondo said mid-January or late-February."

Don't take this literally.  He is probably just saying he does not know when he'd be back while obfuscating from Bill B's playbook! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Rondo said mid-January or late-February."

Don't take this literally.  He is probably just saying he does not know when he'd be back while obfuscating from Bill B's playbook! 

[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

what we got here my friends is apossible Rose syndrome drama . He took a long time to come back, Kobe rushed back, and it didn't work too well for either This might be a  cautionary tale but scary .  You trade him, when healthy, and he is never severely injured again, keep him and he ends up hurt all the time

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

Rondo comes back = not as good a tanking job.

The game with the Pacers was the perfect snapshot of where we are and where we want to be. We are going to need lottery help to get there. Season going to plan if you ask me...apart from those duffers in NY and Brooklyn making us look better than we are. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Yeah when he gets back , he doesn't have enough shooters to pass to.  Then we draft and tade for shooters

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to melwitts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to johconn's comment:

[QUOTE]

Rondo comes back = not as good a tanking job.

The game with the Pacers was the perfect snapshot of where we are and where we want to be. We are going to need lottery help to get there. Season going to plan if you ask me...apart from those duffers in NY and Brooklyn making us look better than we are. 

[/QUOTE]

ABSOLUTELY...

We don't have a "5"...we have a guy closer to 6-7 than 6-9 playing his guts out in the post instead of the "4"...we have a 6-9 "3" who has absolutely no guts and decides to play every 3rd game while acting completely disinterested unless he gets out front of a fastbreak looking for an easy dunk...now we have a whining loudmouth complaining publicly about not getting enough playing time who actually isn't playing because he sucks...we have a SG who gets on a shooting hotstreak in the 1st qtr of games then is lost after that, but who wants a minimum of $8 million/year but hasn't yet played with the teams best PG because the man is still injured, a man with whom he's never been a decent offensive player playing besides...we have a midget frontcourt and a "backup "5" in training and a rookie PF who's best game is passing from the high post and taking 15 footers, which he makes on a regular basis, but , oh yeah, he can't jump and has T-Rex arms...now as parts of a team they will be fine, at least some of them...right now they suck, and it's starting to show...their best asset is their coach..he's possibly a GREAT coach, but even great coaches need players with all around talent...we lack players with all around talent...until we get those players we will suck...like we do right now.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. That AB salary demand is off the hook. He's kinda jumping the gun before he's really put in some solid time. Agree about Stevens but yep I think we've seen the best of this team (and it's been at the sub .500 mark). 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes, we are tanking.

Lottery, here we come.

[/QUOTE]  I'm with you on Embiid. He's trending toward being the first pick in the draft though. we would have to get very lucky.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yes, we are tanking.

Lottery, here we come.

[/QUOTE]  I'm with you on Embiid. He's trending toward being the first pick in the draft though. we would have to get very lucky.

[/QUOTE]

We are usually on the same page.

Embiid looks like Olajuwon.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

It should not take 6-8 weeks to close the gap between 'ready for full contact 5 on 5 teammates slamming him into the floor' and 'stamina for an NBA game'.

He was practicing, shooting and using the knee for 3-4 months before being cleared for contact. Typically players start ramping up workouts end of July after the offseason and have 5-6 weeks to get in 'game shape' which is expected by the middle of the slate of exhibition games.

Mid-November thru mid-December should have already been Rondo's mid-July-mid August. He should be 1-2 weeks into the 4-5 weeks players typically need between mid-Sept and the middle of the exhibition season to have the stamina for NBA action.

Anything later than mid-January for his return should be viewed very skeptically by fans and as likely being mandates from the agent/front office to extend this process as long as possible.

Sections
Shortcuts