Rondo now an All-Star?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: Rondo now an All-Star?

good. thanks, fierce. so rondo's inclusion was not by virtue of shallow fan vote - my point all along.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo now an All-Star?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo now an All-Star? : Only Celtic fans love Rondo. If it were up to the fans, Jeremy Lin would have replaced Joe Johnson. Ugh!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

thats not true at all..i live around alot of Knicks, Lakers and Heat fans and they all support Rondos game..its weird really..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo now an All-Star? : Only Celtic fans love Rondo. If it were up to the fans, Jeremy Lin would have replaced Joe Johnson. Ugh!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

thats not true at all..i live around alot of Knicks, Lakers and Heat fans and they all support Rondos game..its weird really..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Doc Rivers yesterday confirmed what Rajon Rondo has been keeping to himself the past two weeks. Rivers said Rondo was bothered by being left off the All-Star team, and it led to a noticeable increase in his production and perhaps his two-game suspension.

On his 26th birthday, and while serving the second game of his two-game suspension last night while his teammates faced the Thunder, Rondo learned that he had been added to the Eastern Conference roster, replacing Atlanta’s Joe Johnson, who has a sore left knee.

Rondo, who missed eight games with a sprained right wrist, is averaging a career-high 14.8 points with 9.5 assists and 4.9 rebounds. He collected his ninth regular-season triple double Feb. 12 against the Bulls and has been the Celtics’ most consistent player this season.

But when the All-Star rosters were announced Feb. 9, New Jersey’s Deron Williams was chosen as a reserve instead.

Rondo responded with 5 points, 7 assists, and 5 turnovers in a bizarre performance Feb. 10 against the Raptors. After the game, he said he wasn’t bothered by the omission, but his pain was apparent to Rivers.

“He clearly thought he should have made it, and so did we, but the injury, honestly, he was just injured at the wrong time,’’ said Rivers. “Right when people were voting. It’s good that he’s on it.

“I think it bothered him. He came back and we were rolling, so I think that drove him to want to play better than who was on the team.’’

In the Celtics’ 96-81 loss to the Pistons Sunday, Rondo was suspended by the NBA for throwing a ball at official Sean Wright. He left the team after learning of the suspension in Dallas Monday but changed his vacation plans when informed that he may be a candidate to replace Johnson.

This will be Rondo’s third consecutive All-Star appearance and perhaps a validation that he is one of the league’s top point guards.

“That’s great,’’ said Rivers. “He deserves it. He’s having a hell of a birthday.’’

Poor, tempermental Rondo.... but he's feelin' good now. Justice has prevailed.

His AS snub caused him to swoon a bit and triggered his lil' tantrum against the ref... as we all suspected.

Keep it goin' R9R.  We luv you!

Keep that pacifier handy when you're feelin' blue.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Doc Rivers yesterday confirmed what Rajon Rondo has been keeping to himself the past two weeks. Rivers said Rondo was bothered by being left off the All-Star team, and it led to a noticeable increase in his production and perhaps his two-game suspension. On his 26th birthday, and while serving the second game of his two-game suspension last night while his teammates faced the Thunder, Rondo learned that he had been added to the Eastern Conference roster, replacing Atlanta’s Joe Johnson, who has a sore left knee. Rondo, who missed eight games with a sprained right wrist, is averaging a career-high 14.8 points with 9.5 assists and 4.9 rebounds. He collected his ninth regular-season triple double Feb. 12 against the Bulls and has been the Celtics’ most consistent player this season. But when the All-Star rosters were announced Feb. 9, New Jersey’s Deron Williams was chosen as a reserve instead. Rondo responded with 5 points, 7 assists, and 5 turnovers in a bizarre performance Feb. 10 against the Raptors. After the game, he said he wasn’t bothered by the omission, but his pain was apparent to Rivers. “He clearly thought he should have made it, and so did we, but the injury, honestly, he was just injured at the wrong time,’’ said Rivers. “Right when people were voting. It’s good that he’s on it. “I think it bothered him. He came back and we were rolling, so I think that drove him to want to play better than who was on the team.’’ In the Celtics’ 96-81 loss to the Pistons Sunday, Rondo was suspended by the NBA for throwing a ball at official Sean Wright. He left the team after learning of the suspension in Dallas Monday but changed his vacation plans when informed that he may be a candidate to replace Johnson. This will be Rondo’s third consecutive All-Star appearance and perhaps a validation that he is one of the league’s top point guards. “That’s great,’’ said Rivers. “He deserves it. He’s having a hell of a birthday.’’ Poor, tempermental Rondo.... but he's feelin' good now. Justice has prevailed. His AS snub caused him to swoon a bit and triggered his lil' tantrum against the ref... as we all suspected. Keep it goin' R9R.  We luv you! Keep that pacifier handy when you're feelin' blue. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    I don't know what is more disturbing Rondo or Doc's behavior.  In what universe is a team imploding and the coach and player are talking about the importance of an All-Star berth.  I can't believe Doc would even play the pacifying game with Rondo.

If this is true even if this kid could shoot we should get rid of him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Why did the NBA have to name Rondo in the AS game after JJ went down? We all know that the game itself is primarily there for show-boating but Rondo does not deserve to be there after the fact he wasn't selected. Why not play with what players are fit and ready to go? It's not as if there going to play as if in a playoff game. Now Rondo gets an All-Star appearance on his resume when he clearly wasn't good enough to get there on merit in the beginning. Sad!
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

You`re sad.Every year somebody`s hurt and has to be replaced.I guess ,according to your logic, they should have left the spot open to punish Rondo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo now an All-Star? : I don't know what is more disturbing Rondo or Doc's behavior.  In what universe is a team imploding and the coach and player are talking about the importance of an All-Star berth.  I can't believe Doc would even play the pacifying game with Rondo. If this is true even if this kid could shoot we should get rid of him.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Totally dysfunctional situation... and has been since our strong willed R9R was drafted... and coddled mightily.

Management is to blame. They are the supposed grown ups. They apparently don't know better.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo now an All-Star? : Its one heckuva message to send about rewarding bad behavior... in effect vindicating R9R. The refs can't be happy that the league seems to be siding with the perpetrator. What happened to the old dictum,  "Work hard... play by the rules"? Pud

If that was the rule, there are numerous refs, starting withb Joey Crawford ,who would never work again.There are a lot of guys in the league that confront the refs more often than Rondo.The one`s who are offended by his being chosen can  suffer along with you and dud.Or not watch the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Doc Rivers yesterday confirmed what Rajon Rondo has been keeping to himself the past two weeks. Rivers said Rondo was bothered by being left off the All-Star team, and it led to a noticeable increase in his production and perhaps his two-game suspension. On his 26th birthday, and while serving the second game of his two-game suspension last night while his teammates faced the Thunder, Rondo learned that he had been added to the Eastern Conference roster, replacing Atlanta’s Joe Johnson, who has a sore left knee. Rondo, who missed eight games with a sprained right wrist, is averaging a career-high 14.8 points with 9.5 assists and 4.9 rebounds. He collected his ninth regular-season triple double Feb. 12 against the Bulls and has been the Celtics’ most consistent player this season. But when the All-Star rosters were announced Feb. 9, New Jersey’s Deron Williams was chosen as a reserve instead. Rondo responded with 5 points, 7 assists, and 5 turnovers in a bizarre performance Feb. 10 against the Raptors. After the game, he said he wasn’t bothered by the omission, but his pain was apparent to Rivers. “He clearly thought he should have made it, and so did we, but the injury, honestly, he was just injured at the wrong time,’’ said Rivers. “Right when people were voting. It’s good that he’s on it. “I think it bothered him. He came back and we were rolling, so I think that drove him to want to play better than who was on the team.’’ In the Celtics’ 96-81 loss to the Pistons Sunday, Rondo was suspended by the NBA for throwing a ball at official Sean Wright. He left the team after learning of the suspension in Dallas Monday but changed his vacation plans when informed that he may be a candidate to replace Johnson. This will be Rondo’s third consecutive All-Star appearance and perhaps a validation that he is one of the league’s top point guards. “That’s great,’’ said Rivers. “He deserves it. He’s having a hell of a birthday.’’ Poor, tempermental Rondo.... but he's feelin' good now. Justice has prevailed. His AS snub caused him to swoon a bit and triggered his lil' tantrum against the ref... as we all suspected. Keep it goin' R9R.  We luv you! Keep that pacifier handy when you're feelin' blue. Pud

Your belief that emotion doesn`t effect performance for most, if not all, players, is a clear indication that ,other than keyboard pounding, you have never played sports.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

As I thought, the petulant one got hurt by not being named an All Star. What next, he packs a sad because he believes he should start? Lmao!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]As I thought, the petulant one got hurt by not being named an All Star. What next, he packs a sad because he believes he should start? Lmao!
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

Nice job by koME and the Band last night - you can NOT beat OKC times, might as well give it up now!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Well now  we have an apology of sorts from Rondo.... actually not an apology... more like an explanation... spoken in Rondo double talk.

From Washburn today in the Globe:

Rajon Rondo did not want to talk much about his two-game suspension... But after a few minutes, he expressed regret about his anger and actions.

"I made a mistake and that's what it is. I don't think will see that again from me. Obviously I learned from it. I'm an emotional player and I felt things were different and I reacted the way I reacted."

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo now an All-Star? : Definitely improves his marketability... NJ could potentially use that when they move to Brooklyn 
    Posted by Accension13[/QUOTE]

Agree! Plus, you got to like how DA played down the 2 game suspension as a fluke on EEI and keeping Rondo's market value up there.