Rondo Out For A Month

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Re: Rondo Out For A Month

Yeah I think us smart fans can see how much they miss Rondo.  I hope that scrub Dooling is out for awhile too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

This year's version of Plantar Fasciitis.

Rondo is an unhappy camper.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

A W E S O M E

Hope Danny pulls the trigger and trades his butt outta Beantown!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Look the problem is what this will do to Pierce over another month. His great play will be tested by his role too heavy role on the offensive end.

Rondo needs to get back because Dooling is useless and we are going to need a guard who can run an offense.

Beaubois(is he a point guard?) on Dallas had a big night on Dallas could we swing something to get Delonte back?  Kidd was injured last night but I don't think it was serious.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Out For A Month:
    A W E S O M E Hope Danny pulls the trigger and trades his butt outta Beantown!
    Posted by celticsfanmx

Silly isn't he! Commin' back when????

Talkin goofy about his pre-occupations.... the All Star Game, his birthday... and seein' Perk when OKC comes to town.

Rondo's  all over the board. Teehee!

Who wants someone with Plantar Fasciitis of the wrist?

The kid is staying in Beantown until he gets good/ready to leave.

Teehee!

Calling Doctor Freud!!!!

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Okay guys, here is the problem:

Derrick Rose, Chris Paul, Derron Williams, Devin Harris, Mo Williams, Tyreke Evans, John Wall, Kyrie Irving, Johnny Flynn, Ricky Rubio, Brandon Knight, Jarrett Jack, Darren Collison, Kyle Lowry.....................MOST teams have good PG's already.  Some teams have two.  We won't trade him to the lakers or Knicks, so we are stuck with the kid, IMO, unless we trade him for Harris or Nash.  While Nash might be old, he is still good on O, we have Bradley and Moore, and history has shown, PG's are more "replaceable" than big men.
    I still say move him for Nash, and take our chances next year on DWill, Harris, a rookie, Nash himself, or Mo Williams (who will want OUT, as I see it).  Rondo for Nash and Lopez!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Out For A Month : Stop pushing that duo please ... Nash is ancient and Loez sucks!
    Posted by Mployee8

Who is Loez?  Stop telling me what to do, I thought we had a truce!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Oh Well. More minutes for the rest of the roster. More running the offense through Pierce which is not necessarily a bad thing. It might help in the long run with different player combinations on the floor getting burn together. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Sorry Russ not exciting to think of Nash and Lopez here.  I like Rondo much better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Logo NBA. Show Logo NBA's posts

Good player Rondo as long as you don't want him hitting jumpers in the 4th quarter. Rondo with a DH or Bynum would be damn hard to beat.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Rondo is the best point guard in the Association, bar none, IMHO!!!!!!!!

As Always,

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

There go that Nash crap again....Give it a break!!!  Old man Nash...LOL!!!!!  DWill is going where ever Howard is going and it aint Boston!  The only good thing with Rondo being out is Bradley and Moore get more minutes and gain valuable experience.  im not trusting the offence to Dooling, Bradley or Moore.  Talk about Pierce being burnt out and looking old.  Speaking of old.  The elite teams made us look old.  The jury is still out on this team to see if they can beat the elite teams with the roster the way it is.  Let's see Bradley slow down DRose.  Let's see Moore swish a few trays over Monte Ellis.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Ray/Rondo for Big Al/Harris. End of discussion

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Look - I really don't want to trade Rondo, and I don't think they will.  My POINT is- for those of us who want to trade him, I would like to know WHERE he can be traded to, most teams, as I have pointed out, already have a serviceable to good PG- except the lakers and Knicks, and we aren't trading with them.  There is NO place for him to go - give me a different trade scenario, and I'll buy it!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

We will miss Rondo while he's out.  The team is starting to play better but there will be nights that PP and KG cannot carry the team and they'll need the young legs, great passes, and speed of Rondo, not to mention his help on the Boards.  Sure hope Moore and Bradley can help us pull off some wins.

Nash can shoot and pass, and that's all.  Can't play D nor rebound and would be here for a year or two max.  Why in the world would we want to get even OLDER and SLOWER with Nash????  Lopez is just a waste of space so he's of no help, either.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Paul Mislap is better than Al Jefferson, if you insist on trading him to the Jazz, I would take nothing less than Devin Harris and Paul Mislap. Because I don't want to trade Rondo.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Paul Mislap is better than Al Jefferson, if you insist on trading him to the Jazz, I would take nothing less than Devin Harris and Paul Mislap. Because I don't want to trade Rondo.
    Posted by myaim45

Numbers don't work, but I do like that trade.  Millsap is a big money guy!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Posted by myaim45

Jefferson is taller (can play center), produces more points, rebounds, and assists, and on top of all that, Paul Milsap is the same player as Brandon Bass.....so we don't need another power forward of the same ilk.   I'd rather have Jefferson but ultimately I agree with the overall point you make - I don't want to trade Rondo!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I agree!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

So why would that make any sense.

1. JON is off the payroll at the end of the year and leaves us more cap room.  Blatch is on the payroll for 2 more years at $8M each year.  So, instead of GAINING $5M of cap room, we LOSE $8M.

2. Blatche is a forward who will play behind KG and Bass.  JON is a center and while not great, he's at least a big body who can try to muscle up other centers.

3. Blatche plays for the Wizards, one of if not THE worst team in the league.  In their win tonight against the lowly Bobcats, he scored a whopping 4 points with 1 rebound!

4. Blatch is 10 points and 5 rebounds.  JON is 6 points and 5 rebounds.  We gain a whopping 5 points (assuming he could even score the same playing behind Bass) and a $13M swing in cap room for next year.

I don't understand why you advocate such a move?  I say keep JON and if we can't do a move for a game changer who makes us a championship team, just let the chips fall where they will and get a better draft choice + better free agents next year.   As Danny has noted, you don't want to tie up your cap space with guys who can't make you a winner in this league.....and Blatche is definitely NOT a winner.  Name one thing he's ever done well (all star, 3rd team all-NBA at least, played on a championship team, been in the top 20 in rebounding, top 20 in scoring, been called a good locker room guy, plays great D,......Anything????

No way I do that trade.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Blatche:

• 2012 Salary: $6,442,083
      4 years remaining

Amnesty at the end of the year if he is a knucklehead.

He is the "same" as JON, except more durable, and 6 years younger!  KG at center, with Wilcox, and Blatche and Bass at PF.  Safe move for now.

Not going to convince you, I know, but some of us think we need a little help!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts