Rondo Out For A Month

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Rondo Out For A Month

In response to "Re: Rondo Out For A Month": [QUOTE]Blatche: 2012 Salary: $6,442,083 4 years remaining Amnesty at the end of the year if he is a knucklehead. He is the "same" as JON, except more durable, and 6 years younger!  KG at center, with Wilcox, and Blatche and Bass at PF.  Safe move for now. Not going to convince you, I know, but some of us think we need a little help! Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE] Read the rest of his salary, my friend. His salary escalates to $7.1M next yr, $7.8m the year after, and $8.5m the final year. Here's the link if you need it: http://hoopshype.com/salaries/washington.htm If you Take a guy to amnesty him if it doesn't work out, that's bad business. You don't have it charged tou your cap but you still player the player most if not all of the money. That's about $16M for 2 seasons worth and the loss of about $12M in cap room next. Yr.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Rondo Out For A Month": [QUOTE]And Blatche has been averaging 7.4 rpg this season and 8.2 rpg last season. So he's a better rebounder than JO and Bass.  Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE] I'd rather not take an underperforming player on a horrible team and HOPE that he performs and assume that's our starting forward. He's been benched on the worst team in the league and you think that should become our starting PF that we commit 3 years of salary to? That's a lot of hope for a soft and always underperforming guy.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I don't like Blatche but JON will not finish the season.  He is already hurt and will get worse.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

We can get MaGee and Blatche Jon and a 1st (our Clip pick is conditional til 14) , Magee would be a RFA in off season and we would have cap then for guy with as much upside as DH that we could resign and cap left or we ante in one/2/all Dooling,JO and RA as a fit in a 3/4 team trade. I did a trade machine w/Us,Wash,Utah and NO and it is possible cap wise to make a trade; We get Big Al & Magee and his Rfa rights,Wash gets Kaman for 1 year and 15 mil next year cap space and no more Blatche and maybe a pick, Utah gets rid of Al/ Milsap dillema  and RA and Blatche who will be a back up to Milsap and the difference in AJ and ABs cap$$. NO gets Jon,a cap worker S Mack and almost 20 mil in cap space for their rebuilding. It's a stretch but it makes sense for all this way we have a great core unit 1 orb 2 picks  and still have cap room to resign Green or another FA next year and a big combo that can punish teams and make a run this year and be looking fiorward next year we'd be reloading not rebuilding.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Rondo Out For A Month:
    [QUOTE]http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/1/28/2754785/rondo-may-be-out-for-a-month-maybe Guess we'll be seeing more of Bradley and Moore. Or just trade Rondo now. Ha Ha
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

The Celtics will struggle at times without Rondo for a month.  That really isn't good news even though they have been winning without him. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Were gonna need JO for a play off run..when experience counts!!!
    Remember what Wallace did for us a few years ago??? The game slows down and big D is important. Thats what took Dallas over the top. Is Blatche the answer for one last run or to rebuild for the future...

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustWords. Show JustWords's posts

The recently improved play is not related to Rondo's absence.  It has more to do with players getting into shape (ie, Pierce), and a bunch of new dudes learning how to play together. 

I completely understand the frustration with Rondo's shooting deficits, but this recent "streak" is a very small sample size, and to repeat, simply can not be pegged to Rondo.

I'm rooting for Bradley, but he's even worse offensively.  And On the defensive end, Rondo is solid, despite people's frustration with his reach ins.  The man can play D. 

Moore is a fun story, but he in no way looks ready to run an offrense.  He's had one good game so far, and that's it.  I'm thrilled we have what appears to be a legit shooter to come off the bench, but that's the limit of his role. Who knows?  Maybe he'll astound me, and somehow between Moore and Bradley we get a guard combo off the bench, (PG/SG, whoever playing whatever), but I think that's a whoooole lot of wishful thinking right now. 

We can't have everything, but what we do have is pretty darn good, and has one ring so far to prove it.  Not only can he play the position, he's a winner. 

What I wonder is if Doc will gain the courage to sit him in games where he's killing us offensively in the fourth quarter.  And this asumes a LOT about a rookie being able to step and be be useful as well.

Who Knows?  Should be fun finding out!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Out For A Month:
    [QUOTE]The recently improved play is not related to Rondo's absence.  It has more to do with players getting into shape (ie, Pierce), and a bunch of new dudes learning how to play together.  I completely understand the frustration with Rondo's shooting deficits, but this recent "streak" is a very small sample size, and to repeat, simply can not be pegged to Rondo. I'm rooting for Bradley, but he's even worse offensively.  And On the defensive end, Rondo is solid, despite people's frustration with his reach ins.  The man can play D.  Moore is a fun story, but he in no way looks ready to run an offrense.  He's had one good game so far, and that's it.  I'm thrilled we have what appears to be a legit shooter to come off the bench, but that's the limit of his role. Who knows?  Maybe he'll astound me, and somehow between Moore and Bradley we get a guard combo off the bench, (PG/SG, whoever playing whatever), but I think that's a whoooole lot of wishful thinking right now.  We can't have everything, but what we do have is pretty darn good, and has one ring so far to prove it.  Not only can he play the position, he's a winner.  What I wonder is if Doc will gain the courage to sit him in games where he's killing us offensively in the fourth quarter.  And this asumes a LOT about a rookie being able to step and be be useful as well. Who Knows?  Should be fun finding out!
    Posted by JustWords[/QUOTE]

Really?

So who gave me my "get out of jail and start enjoying Celtic basketball once again" card?

Its got Rondo's name on it. 

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Ray/Rondo for Big Al/Harris. End of discussion
    Posted by tomobo[/QUOTE]

Yes, stupid comments often end discussions.Well done.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]The recently improved play is not related to Rondo's absence.  It has more to do with players getting into shape (ie, Pierce), and a bunch of new dudes learning how to play together.  I completely understand the frustration with Rondo's shooting deficits, but this recent "streak" is a very small sample size, and to repeat, simply can not be pegged to Rondo. I'm rooting for Bradley, but he's even worse offensively.  And On the defensive end, Rondo is solid, despite people's frustration with his reach ins.  The man can play D.  Moore is a fun story, but he in no way looks ready to run an offrense.  He's had one good game so far, and that's it.  I'm thrilled we have what appears to be a legit shooter to come off the bench, but that's the limit of his role. Who knows?  Maybe he'll astound me, and somehow between Moore and Bradley we get a guard combo off the bench, (PG/SG, whoever playing whatever), but I think that's a whoooole lot of wishful thinking right now.  We can't have everything, but what we do have is pretty darn good, and has one ring so far to prove it.  Not only can he play the position, he's a winner.  What I wonder is if Doc will gain the courage to sit him in games where he's killing us offensively in the fourth quarter.  And this asumes a LOT about a rookie being able to step and be be useful as well. Who Knows?  Should be fun finding out!
    Posted by JustWords[/QUOTE]

Way too rational a post for this board.You must hate Rondo with all your heart and denounce him as ateam cancer or pudding and his sidekick will eviscerate you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Out For A Month : Silly isn't he! Commin' back when???? Talkin goofy about his pre-occupations.... the All Star Game, his birthday... and seein' Perk when OKC comes to town.   Rondo's  all over the board. Teehee! Who wants someone with Plantar Fasciitis of the wrist? The kid is staying in Beantown until he gets good/ready to leave. Teehee! Calling Doctor Freud!!!! Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Anybody who ,in the middle of his 1000th personal attack on someone he doesn`t know personally titters a Teehee is indeed correct in asserting that Dr.Freud should be called .For himself.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

wonder how siggy might interpret above scenario?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustWords. Show JustWords's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Out For A Month : Way too rational a post for this board.You must hate Rondo with all your heart and denounce him as ateam cancer or pudding and his sidekick will eviscerate you.
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude.

I don't really pay much attention to the over the top posts.  I guess some people are a lot more emotionally invested in message boards than others.  I'm sure they have their reasons.  For some people, I tap the ignore button.  For others, I find myself completely disinterested.

For me, sports are supposed to be fun.  I'll let the guys on the court do the sweating.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

HECK, I THOUGHT THAT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO "DARED" TO SUGGEST THAT RONDO SHOULD/NEEDS TO GO !!   ALL GOOD POSTS ON THIS THREAD !!