Rondo out for "weeks"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Rondo out for "weeks"

From ESPN.com:

Report: Rajon Rondo out weeks

Boston Celtics guard Rajon Rondo will miss a couple of weeks due to a sprained left ankle, vice president of basketball operations Danny Ainge told radio station WEEI on Thursday.

Rondo rolled his ankle in the fourth quarter of the 118-116 victory over the New York Knicks on Wednesday. He said afterward that he expected to play Thursday in Atlanta.

"Rajon, I think, will be out for a couple of weeks, anyway," Ainge said, according to WEEI.

"I think that Rajon is young, and he heals fast and he loves to play, to his credit. I couldn't believe he was back on the court last night. He wasn't moving very well, even when he got back out on the court. You could tell he was still in a lot of pain, and certainly after the game it started puffing up. This morning there was a lot of swelling, and he definitely needs some time off."

Ainge said that the injury opens the door to more minutes for Nate Robinson.

"Nate has been playing very well for us," Ainge said, according to the radio station. "And now he's going to have to step it up and play more minutes."

Rondo is averaging 11.2 points and a league leading 13.8 assists per game for the 20-4 Celtics.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Rondo out for "weeks"

Sorry, I think we posted this at the same time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Rondo out for "weeks":
    [QUOTE]From ESPN.com:   Report: Rajon Rondo out weeks Boston Celtics guard Rajon Rondo will miss a couple of weeks due to a sprained left ankle, vice president of basketball operations Danny Ainge told radio station WEEI on Thursday. Rondo rolled his ankle in the fourth quarter of the 118-116 victory over the New York Knicks on Wednesday. He said afterward that he expected to play Thursday in Atlanta. "Rajon, I think, will be out for a couple of weeks, anyway," Ainge said, according to WEEI.  "I think that Rajon is young, and he heals fast and he loves to play, to his credit. I couldn't believe he was back on the court last night. He wasn't moving very well, even when he got back out on the court. You could tell he was still in a lot of pain, and certainly after the game it started puffing up. This morning there was a lot of swelling, and he definitely needs some time off." Ainge said that the injury opens the door to more minutes for Nate Robinson . "Nate has been playing very well for us," Ainge said, according to the radio station. "And now he's going to have to step it up and play more minutes." Rondo is averaging 11.2 points and a league leading 13.8 assists per game for the 20-4 Celtics.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

Good post.

This would be good for both Nate and the team. Defenses won't sag off of Nate, and Nate could get more experience in our system playing as the starter.

On another note, Nate has been playing good defense. He played well last night.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Right...but Nate takes over for Rondo.  Who takes over for Nate?

The Celtics are getting pretty thin at PG.  Daniels is going to have to slide over a bit and play there a bit and Bradley is going to get some minutes too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Tyronne Lue, get fitted and get out there son! LOL!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

A sprained ankle still lets you shoot FT's! NO JS probably, but FTs? You got it.

Throw him into the gym and lose the key until he increases his FT%, then he can come back and be a starter again. Happy ending.

j/k

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

I see the losses in the Celtics near future. Cool

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

I want to see Bradley get playing time now!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

How does Rivers cause a guy driving to the basket to turn his ankle?????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks":
    [QUOTE]How does Rivers cause a guy driving to the basket to turn his ankle?????
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Very good question.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

i agree with celtsfan4life.  a coach does not have anythingt to do with a player turning an ankle.  i am a little tired of people blaming rivers for such crazy things.

the only way to keep rondo from turning his ankle last night would have been to not play him at all.

injuries are a part of the game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]This is Rivers fault. Rondo should not have even played last night. Rivers always overplays his starters till they get hurt.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

He sprained his ankle. He could have done that in the first minute of the game.  Sprained ankles have nothing to do with the coach.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOMAA99999. Show TOMAA99999's posts

Let Rondo get better.  Nate should start for now and Bradley/Von Wafer off the bench.  Luke needs to get some playing time too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I want to see Bradley get playing time now!!!
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

I think you would change your mind if you saw Bradley against Teague and the Hawks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks" : I think you would change your mind if you saw Bradley against Teague and the Hawks.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    He is still RAW...LOL!!!!  Teague has a little more experience playing in meaningful minutes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks" : He sprained his ankle. He could have done that in the first minute of the game.  Sprained ankles have nothing to do with the coach.
    Posted by Icon11[/QUOTE]

I disagree to an extent. Rondo wasn't 100% when he turned that ankle. Sometimes playing like that and compensating for one injury can cause another.

The thing is though that he could have played through and nothing might have happened. Its a tough call to make.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Marquis should handle the ball at the point position when Nate sits. Nate is going to have to play major minutes being at least 35 per game until Rondo returns. Hopefully Rondo will heal fast and be back for the Christmas game vs. Orlando.
         I'm was thinking. Why do the Celtics always have to play on Christmas? You can bet most players don't like this as they would rather spend Christmas with their families. Why should there be any ball games on Christmas anyway? I wish the NBA would give it a break. Being the die hard Celtics fan I am, I just can't help but watch the game. I hope I have the will power to record and watch it late at night once my wife and kids go to sleep.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from markp99. Show markp99's posts

Teague stole Bradley's lunch money last night, and quite easily at that!

Bradley has a ways to go.  Last night did not do much to build his confidence. But there are just no good options.  

Marquis was pretty solid last night. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]The Celtics miss Shaq a lot more than they miss Rondo. And let Bradley play and learn. It will pay off for us in the end.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Really? You were the one complaining about the Celtics winning by only 2 points against the Knicks. 

If you didn't know, the Celtics' only preseason loss was because of Avery Bradley. And if you didn't see him play against the Hawks last night, then you missed Jeff Teague's two dunks courtesy of Bradley's mistakes. 

I wonder what you would say if Doc will play Bradley and the Celtics will end up losing the game because Bradley screwed up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Well, Harongody can learn on the court because he adds a little value but Bradley's mistakes are just too frequent, blatant, and costly. He is not ready to be out there.  The kid is like a deer in the headlights.   

Let him learn in practice or in the D league.   Not ready for primetime.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Well, Harongody can learn on the court because he adds a little value but Bradley's mistakes are just too frequent, blatant, and costly. He is not ready to be out there.  The kid is like a deer in the headlights.    Let him learn in practice or in the D league.   Not ready for primetime.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

The problem is even if Bradley plays in the D-League that still won't allow the Celtics to sign another player. If the Celtics want a backup for Nate the Celtics would have to either waive Wafer or trade Bradley. 

Sections
Shortcuts