Rondo out for "weeks"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: Rondo out for "weeks"

In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks":
    [QUOTE]Well, Harongody can learn on the court because he adds a little value but Bradley's mistakes are just too frequent, blatant, and costly. He is not ready to be out there.  The kid is like a deer in the headlights.    Let him learn in practice or in the D league.   Not ready for primetime.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
      That has been my thought all along regarding Bradley. He is a green as a player gets and he doesn't have a clue as how to play point guard. The D. league was set up for players like Bradley. Everybody talks about how good of a defender he is. He may have potential as a defender, but thus far he doesn't have the basketball I.Q to be a good defender. Again, something to learn in the D.League.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks" : I disagree to an extent. Rondo wasn't 100% when he turned that ankle. Sometimes playing like that and compensating for one injury can cause another. The thing is though that he could have played through and nothing might have happened. Its a tough call to make.
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

It is still all second guessing when you blame a coach for someone spraining an ankle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

P34, good point about not being able to get another player if we send him to the D league.  However, I still think D league is the place for him.  We'll just have to have Nate start, then Pierce and Ray handle from time to time while Nate is out.   I just don't think the kid is at all ready.   He may be good long term, but the level of speed and decision making in the NBA is above his level right now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks" : I think you would change your mind if you saw Bradley against Teague and the Hawks.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, he is a rookie and rookies will get schooled. We are going to need him in some manner as the seaon goes on, so he needs to get playing time!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I think its unlikely we'll be using Bradley much at any point. Maybe a few minutes here & there because of injuries... thats about it.

So far hes looked terrible in just about every game hes played in. Doc so much as said hes protecting him by holding him out... hes not ready. Clearly Doc is correct on this issue.

DWest will be back maybe in Jan... and handle the backup PG and loosen up Nate to score more.

Hopin Luke gets a few minutes.. at least hes not afraid to shoot when hes got a good look and he shoots well. Also a hustler...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks" : --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Well, he is a rookie and rookies will get schooled. We are going to need him in some manner as the seaon goes on, so he needs to get playing time!
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

CelticFanLA this is not a response to you directly, I just wanted to read the entire thread before responding.

In the last 20 years the Lakers have won 5 rings, the Bulls 6, the Spurs 4, the Rockets twice, the Cs, Pistons, and who am I forgetting......

Only two of those teams had what I would consider elite or great point guards - the Pistons with Billups and one of the Spurs teams with Parker.

I love to read / hear how the Heat have a real need in the frontcourt and at the point and how they can't win if they don't have someone that can run the team - UMMMMMM... they have the best point guard in the league, he wears #6 and oh by the way - they have won 10 in a row and will win their 11th tonight.

One could easily argue that when the Bulls were winning 6 of 8 (should have been 8 of 8 - had Jordan not been suspended... um, I mean decided to play baseball) that the Bulls had the two best point guards in the league, 23 and 33.  Most people want to segregate "scoring" point guards as opposed to "pass first" point guards........  that qualification means that the pass first point guard is a really bad shooter / scorer / finisher / etc.  I love qualifiers.... in year 8 Perk would only be a first year Doctor if he could read, write, spell, graduate from high school, stay healthy, have any offensive skills, etc.  But what we all read for years was somehow Perk is one of the best young centers in the league...especially if you add qualifiers... whenever I said that there are Perks drafted every year and quoted either Lopez, Hibbert, Noah, Horford, etc. I was of course lambasted.

The Cs won a title a few years ago with an athletic but irrelevant point guard.

Shaq and Kobe have 5 each....  no big name point guards... unless of course you consider Kobe one of the best point guards in the league - which of course I do.......

Whenever I have a chance to watch the national guys as opposed to Tommy the buffoon I do..... against the Knicks I heard the following..."I don't know why the Knicks would even guard Rondo"  and "Rondo has got to learn to run without the ball because he can get open and will be wide open for jumpers"..... could prep work help the national guys - how much of the Cs do you watch - who cares if Rondo moves without the ball to get open - he cannot shoot no matter how open he is......

If D West was healthy the chance that the Cs would lose another game while Rondo is out is about zero.

I have heard over and over and over again about how Rondo is the guy they can least afford to lose for an extended period of time and I laugh......

I was very pleased to hear one of the TNT guys say the other night that "with 4 hall of famers starting the Cs will miss Rondo a lot less most people think"......  I could not agree more. 

I will go this far, Avery Bradley with this year, summer ball, and a preseason camp and the Cs....... would never ever ever ever miss Rond(wh)o......

Given all of this I think I have it figured it out.....  I have a sister who is married to a construction contractor type of guy and he simply does not believe in deodorant and it is very obvious even when he takes a shower.......

Rondo does not use deodorant...... there is never anyone with anyone within 15 feet of him and yet when he is completely uncontested he refuses to take what most point guards view as routine jumpers and layups.....  Rondo causes 24 second violations, 3 seconds, etc.  He has a simple layup and kicks it out to players that happen to be going to the hall of fame and are oh by the way going to the hall of fame as a result of being great shooters.

Rondo averages 14 assists - 10 because of who he plays with and 4 because he cannot shoot...... there is very simply no more overrated player in the whole league.

With a healthy Delonte West and no Rondo at all, they still win 55 games..... Rondo's ego is really very very very funny and how Doc can feed it for less than 2 seconds is absolutely amazing.  Doc go get just about any other point guard in the league and not give up anything and give up very little..... 

Is there a really really bad down side for the Cs if Teague is the point guard???  The average Cs fan is so Danny / Ownership / "Rondo can do no wrong" that they simply miss out on reality.....

Give me - Rose, Curry, Udrih, Davis, Parker, Kidd, Nash, Bibby, Jennings, Paul, Williams, Wall, Evans, Harris, Nelson, Felton, etc..........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks" : --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Well, he is a rookie and rookies will get schooled. We are going to need him in some manner as the seaon goes on, so he needs to get playing time!
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

Last night was not the first time he got schooled. Every game he's played in he's been terrible. Bradley is playing out of position, in college he was a SG and a scorer. His mentality hasn't changed, every time Doc plays him he tries to score instead of running the offense. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i'm sorry your sister's husband stinks and that you've gone off the deep end, dudder. it's good that you're all about humor.Smile

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks" : CelticFanLA this is not a response to you directly, I just wanted to read the entire thread before responding. In the last 20 years the Lakers have won 5 rings, the Bulls 6, the Spurs 4, the Rockets twice, the Cs, Pistons, and who am I forgetting...... Only two of those teams had what I would consider elite or great point guards - the Pistons with Billups and one of the Spurs teams with Parker. I love to read / hear how the Heat have a real need in the frontcourt and at the point and how they can't win if they don't have someone that can run the team - UMMMMMM... they have the best point guard in the league, he wears #6 and oh by the way - they have won 10 in a row and will win their 11th tonight. One could easily argue that when the Bulls were winning 6 of 8 (should have been 8 of 8 - had Jordan not been suspended... um, I mean decided to play baseball) that the Bulls had the two best point guards in the league, 23 and 33.  Most people want to segregate "scoring" point guards as opposed to "pass first" point guards........  that qualification means that the pass first point guard is a really bad shooter / scorer / finisher / etc.  I love qualifiers.... in year 8 Perk would only be a first year Doctor if he could read, write, spell, graduate from high school, stay healthy, have any offensive skills, etc.  But what we all read for years was somehow Perk is one of the best young centers in the league...especially if you add qualifiers... whenever I said that there are Perks drafted every year and quoted either Lopez, Hibbert, Noah, Horford, etc. I was of course lambasted. The Cs won a title a few years ago with an athletic but irrelevant point guard. Shaq and Kobe have 5 each....  no big name point guards... unless of course you consider Kobe one of the best point guards in the league - which of course I do....... Whenever I have a chance to watch the national guys as opposed to Tommy the buffoon I do..... against the Knicks I heard the following..."I don't know why the Knicks would even guard Rondo"  and "Rondo has got to learn to run without the ball because he can get open and will be wide open for jumpers"..... could prep work help the national guys - how much of the Cs do you watch - who cares if Rondo moves without the ball to get open - he cannot shoot no matter how open he is...... If D West was healthy the chance that the Cs would lose another game while Rondo is out is about zero. I have heard over and over and over again about how Rondo is the guy they can least afford to lose for an extended period of time and I laugh...... I was very pleased to hear one of the TNT guys say the other night that "with 4 hall of famers starting the Cs will miss Rondo a lot less most people think"......  I could not agree more.  I will go this far, Avery Bradley with this year, summer ball, and a preseason camp and the Cs....... would never ever ever ever miss Rond(wh)o...... Given all of this I think I have it figured it out.....  I have a sister who is married to a construction contractor type of guy and he simply does not believe in deodorant and it is very obvious even when he takes a shower....... Rondo does not use deodorant...... there is never anyone with anyone within 15 feet of him and yet when he is completely uncontested he refuses to take what most point guards view as routine jumpers and layups.....  Rondo causes 24 second violations, 3 seconds, etc.  He has a simple layup and kicks it out to players that happen to be going to the hall of fame and are oh by the way going to the hall of fame as a result of being great shooters. Rondo averages 14 assists - 10 because of who he plays with and 4 because he cannot shoot...... there is very simply no more overrated player in the whole league. With a healthy Delonte West and no Rondo at all, they still win 55 games..... Rondo's ego is really very very very funny and how Doc can feed it for less than 2 seconds is absolutely amazing.  Doc go get just about any other point guard in the league and not give up anything and give up very little.....  Is there a really really bad down side for the Cs if Teague is the point guard???  The average Cs fan is so Danny / Ownership / "Rondo can do no wrong" that they simply miss out on reality..... Give me - Rose, Curry, Udrih, Davis, Parker, Kidd, Nash, Bibby, Jennings, Paul, Williams, Wall, Evans, Harris, Nelson, Felton, etc..........  
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

We get it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks" : Last night was not the first time he got schooled. Every game he's played in he's been terrible. Bradley is playing out of position, in college he was a SG and a scorer. His mentality hasn't changed, every time Doc plays him he tries to score instead of running the offense. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree, but give it more time. He is going to have to learn to be a PG.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]The Celtics miss Shaq a lot more than they miss Rondo. And let Bradley play and learn. It will pay off for us in the end.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Bradley is out of his league right now.  I would rather pick up Antonio Daniels.  I might give Bradley one or two more chances and thats it.  He has looked AWFUL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks" : The problem is even if Bradley plays in the D-League that still won't allow the Celtics to sign another player. If the Celtics want a backup for Nate the Celtics would have to either waive Wafer or trade Bradley. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Who would trade for Bradley?  I sure wouldn't give anything for him at this point.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks" : We get it.
    Posted by Icon11[/QUOTE]

Its called "cut and paste"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks" : Who would trade for Bradley?  I sure wouldn't give anything for him at this point.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

With the acquisition of Terrence Williams the Rockets have a surplus of wing players. Maybe a Bradley, for salary cap purposes, and a draft pick could convince the Rockets to give us Courtney Lee. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks" : I haven't missed a game, preseason or otherwise, in 10 years. And yes, I would rather Bradley learn the point, even if we lost a game or two.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I would rather pick up a point.  I have seen enough of Bradley to know right now he is no where close to being a point guard.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

[QUOTE]How does Rivers cause a guy driving to the basket to turn his ankle?????
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    Because Doc let rondo play after he got hurt. Thats a mistake from doc. Doc made a mistake by getting rondo in a game after he got hurt.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks" : I haven't missed a game, preseason or otherwise, in 10 years. And yes, I would rather Bradley learn the point, even if we lost a game or two.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

You must be out of your mind. You don't sacrifice winning games just to make a rookie or the fans happy. And it will take more than 1 or 2 games for Bradley to learn the PG position. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Either the kid is so nervous, we havent seen the real AB or... hes just not an NBA player yet.  Hes been in several games now and pretty much fumbled away every opportunity. The Hawk game was his worse..

They took the ball from him and he got left in the dust on a cross over... on its own, thats not the end of the world, happens to everyone...but this has been the norm for AB thus far. Plus his shot rivals Rondos to this point.

Doc sees him everyday in practice where we've seen only glimpses of him. Doc feels hes not ready to be on the floor, hes protecting him... who can argue off of what we've seen?

I wouldnt hold out any hopes of AB being much of a help to the Celtics this year and wouldnt be surprised if he was gone next year

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks" : Bradley can help us tremedously this year, if Rivers would play him more. He just needs experience.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Have not missed a Celtic game in 10 years and you can't tell if the player is ready for the NBA or not? 

Doc Rivers said it himself, Bradley is not ready, he's still a work in progress.

If you're expecting Bradley to transform from worst to good in one season then you just wasted 10 years of your life by not learning anything from watching all those Celtic games.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks" : Because Doc let rondo play after he got hurt. Thats a mistake from doc. Doc made a mistake by getting rondo in a game after he got hurt.
    Posted by go-to-guy+pp34[/QUOTE]
    I think the medical staff not the coach decides who is cleared to play or not.  I think it may actually benefit a sprained ankle to work the joint after an injury before it swells up and speeds overall recovery. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Back to Rondo's injury. I saw in the NBA channel this morning that he is expected to be out 1-2 weeks which is a better prognosis than what I read a few days ago being out 2 weeks. I'm still hoping that he will be back Christmas day for the Orlando game. I'd bet that's exactly what Rondo and Doc are thinking. Afterall, the next 2 games the C's should be ok without Rondo.

Sections
Shortcuts