Rondo Outburst

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Rondo Outburst

If I get the timing right after that he was injured in the third game right after.  Rondo may really be the head case Pud says he is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

In Response to Rondo Outburst:
    [QUOTE]According to multiple sources, Rondo’s errors were being pointed out when he arose and began discussing the mistakes of his teammates. Loudly. Using harsh language. Coach Doc Rivers got up and fired back, and Rondo threw a bottle that shattered the video screen. He bolted from the practice facility and was prevented from returning when he tried later. “It had nothing to do with Doc,” Rondo said of the outburst. “Doc said something to me because nobody else said something to me. But it wasn’t directed toward Doc. I was frustrated about the loss. I think we were 0-2, I was on film a lot and I was frustrated. Doc wasn’t even running the clips. I was just venting. Lawrence Frank and coach (Armond) Hill were running the film session. Doc was just sitting on the floor. I was just frustrated, and I wanted things to be addressed that weren’t being addressed. It’s as simple as that. I stood up and I did what I did. Doc stood up and said something, and that was it. I stormed out and left. That was it. “I went home that night and thought about my actions. I talked to KG (Kevin Garnett), and I came back the next day and apologized to the team.” http://celticshub.com/2011/12/13/must-read-rondo-opens-up-about-outburst-during-last-postseason/#more-23106
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

What's the point of this?  (Other than you seem to have nothing to do all day but sit around posting about the Celtics. :-))

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

we have a point guard who can't shoot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Irrelevant, non-topic at this point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It is relevant. He has to improve.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

why we wont just let him grow into his shot, jason kidd did and he is the closest player in 3 point field goals to ray allen who is an active player. if he gets a jump shot, we will not care about chris paul. maybe because he has had great shooters around him, he hasnt had to. now that their careers are winding down. just to emphasize he has to. just not for the celtics but his career in the nba is in jeopardy. I want rondo here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Outburst:
    [QUOTE]It is relevant. He has to improve.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Shooting better is relevant; an outburst last year isn't.  Everyone but outsiders have moved on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Outburst : Shooting better is relevant; an outburst last year isn't.  Everyone but outsiders have moved on.
    Posted by painter[/QUOTE]

Did you feel that chilly wind, concord?

Before you know it, BTS is going to be adding you to his IGNORE list of Rondo hatin' trolls.

You've been warned, outsider!

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

A little bit of a puff piece for Rondo by his agent, yet there was something encouraging about it too.  There is only one way to skin a cat when it comes to free throws, you have to make them.  Along the lines of this thought, Rondo won't be singing Sinatra's "I did it my way" as often to himself when the team needs him to be something else.  We'll see,.. he kind of knew this loud and clear before last season yet the demons surfaced worse than ever.  the difference I see now is that it has become the wider public narrative concerning Rondo.  He can't hide from it or pretend that everyone else on earth is two steps behind in order to justify his defiance at times while disguising his deficiencies.  not being wanted by other GM's was a tremendous reality check.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]  A little bit of a puff piece for Rondo by his agent, yet there was something encouraging about it too.  There is only one way to skin a cat when it comes to free throws, you have to make them.  Along the lines of this thought, Rondo won't be singing Sinatra's "I did it my way" as often to himself when the team needs him to be something else.  We'll see,.. he kind of knew this loud and clear before last season yet the demons surfaced worse than ever.  the difference I see now is that it has become the wider public narrative concerning Rondo.  He can't hide from it or pretend that everyone else on earth is two steps behind in order to justify his defiance at times while disguising his deficiencies.  not being wanted by other GM's was a tremendous reality check.  
    Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE]

Shooting 25% FTs in the Finals in 2010 and then not making the TEAM USA a month ot two later should have been reality checks too... but they weren't.

He came out of those experiences more skewed than ever. Then Perk got traded and Rondo goes off the deep end.

YOWSA!!!

My sense is that Delonte may be put together better than Rondo... and that is saying something.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Personally, I think it's great when s*** like this hits the fan and everybody in the house smells it.  Maybe Rondo will realize at last how far away he still is from being a consitently complete player and make  a greater  effort to  do  something about it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Rondo Outburst": [QUOTE]According to multiple sources, Rondo’s errors were being pointed out when he arose and began discussing the mistakes of his teammates. Loudly. Using harsh language. Coach Doc Rivers got up and fired back, and Rondo threw a bottle that shattered the video screen. He bolted from the practice facility and was prevented from returning when he tried later. “It had nothing to do with Doc,” Rondo said of the outburst. “Doc said something to me because nobody else said something to me. But it wasn’t directed toward Doc. I was frustrated about the loss. I think we were 0-2, I was on film a lot and I was frustrated. Doc wasn’t even running the clips. I was just venting. Lawrence Frank and coach (Armond) Hill were running the film session. Doc was just sitting on the floor. I was just frustrated, and I wanted things to be addressed that weren’t being addressed. It’s as simple as that. I stood up and I did what I did. Doc stood up and said something, and that was it. I stormed out and left. That was it. “I went home that night and thought about my actions. I talked to KG (Kevin Garnett), and I came back the next day and apologized to the team.” http://celticshub.com/2011/12/13/must-read-rondo-opens-up-about-outburst-during-last-postseason/#more-23106 Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE] Old news. He knows he need's to shoot better and so does the rest of the world. So why the post to beat the dead horse? Either he will or he won't - we'll see this season.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Like I said - dead horse. We know that! But CP3 ain't coming here. Might as well post that DWill is better or DWade is better than Ray or Lebron is better than Pierce.........all old news. No argument.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yea, good luck with that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I am a former Rondo defender,  if you don't believe check my posts.  It is time for him to address his shooting inadequacy.  His view of himself as a top 3 point guard cannot stand without major improvement.  He either improves or you will all see it will finish us in competitive games during this season and in the playoffs.

I heard his behavior being discussed on Felger and Mazz and the details are pretty disturbing.  Imagine the big three having to deal with a guy so angry that in a meeting already down 0-2 to the Heat and Rondo acts in an insubordinate way to the head coach everyone respects. Weirder that the next game he went down in injury.  

If Rondo stays with us this year remember Ainge and Doc have done everything they can to get rid of him there are no takers.  So I repeat he needs to shoot better. It is simple.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Outburst : Shooting 25% FTs in the Finals in 2010 and then not making the TEAM USA a month ot two later should have been reality checks too... but they weren't. He came out of those experiences more skewed than ever. Then Perk got traded and Rondo goes off the deep end. YOWSA!!! My sense is that Delonte may be put together better than Rondo... and that is saying something. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Very true.  But this time for the first time he has said, "it's on me, I have to be different."  So we'll see.  

In a way, Delonte's game is put together more functionally than Rondo's, but head case wise,... c'mon.  Rondo is the little brother who gets mad and runs away after throwing a bottle at the projector screen.  Not good behavior, very little brother/baby syndrome.  However, Delonte is a different and more dangerous dysfunction altogether.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Rondo is not tradeable for a top player, his foul shot and jumper plus throwing bottles and breaking tv sets during the time the coach is talking, makes him almost untradeable and now we understand why we do not have chirs paul.  Just burns me that we let Delonte West go.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

sometimes outbursts like this are healthy and brings things into perspective. rondo had to think about what was being said. maybe this will motivate him to improve on those things.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I wonder who he called out during the outburst and what he said?  Interesting how Garnet had a monster game in game 3.  He was big every other game and sometimes not quite every other game.  Hopefully the real KG will show up almost every game in the playoffs this year.  but old man time doesn't necessarily care about that.  Rondo will have to be the difference. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts