Rondo, Ray, and Pietrus Out Tonight

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Rondo, Ray, and Pietrus Out Tonight

What the heck is it with this team, anyway?   I've never seen a team so snakebitten with injuries.  Please don't tell me its the Big 3 getting old because the major injuries have all been to the bench players and not to the Big 3.   Amazing:

Perk major knee injury in game 6 of a Championship series!
    Delonte West out for a major time with his hand broken last year + various other injuries
    Baby Davis missed significant time with that broken hand
    Rondo various injuries from hamstrings to wrists to elbow dislocated
    Shaq with darn near everything wrong and missed more than half the season
    Dooling on his 6th or 7th game and counting
    Von Wafer missed major time last year
    Semih constantly hurt with that shoulder of his last year
    Jeff Green an entire season due to a heart condition
    KG's knee surgery after missing half the season "hoping" it would heal
    JON missed darn near all season last year with knee problem and surgery
    Marquis Daniels neck injury and surgery (not that he delivered anything, anyway!)
    Now Ray and Pietrus out with Rondo and Dooling

I can't remember a team being this snakebit every year!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

(Whisper) The C's are going to have a top 5 pick in the lottery and the Clips pick. Then resign KG and RA for minimal deals next year and win #18 in 2013.

Signed the Conspiracy Theorist

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo, Ray, and Pietrus Out Tonight:
    (Whisper) The C's are going to have a top 5 pick in the lottery and the Clips pick. Then resign KG and RA for minimal deals next year and win #18 in 2013. Signed the Conspiracy Theorist
    Posted by BiasLewis

I like that idea alot but we will probably start winning and then it won't happen. I would trade both our picks to get as high as we can in the draft though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

This is going to be ugly!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The fitness aspect of the Celtics is something that should be addressed. Fire them.

Is Dooling playing?

I could see with so many out one of the big three getting hurt tonight.  I remember in game five of the Orlando series Dwight concussed two of our players BBD and Marquis with elbows.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Stealth tanking by Ainge and co. Clever. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

(Whisper) The C's are going to have a top 5 pick in the lottery and the Clips pick. Then resign KG and RA for minimal deals next year and win #18 in 2013. Signed the Conspiracy Theorist
    Posted by BiasLewis

Whether they lose because of injury or ability, I agree that if the Celtics continue to lose games they will have a better chance at a top draft pick.  I reallly don't mind if this happens. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Stealth tanking by Ainge and co. Clever. 
    Posted by tompenny

Not too great for the fans who spend big money for Celtics tickets...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I believe the opposite. The injuries will only prolong DA from making moves due all his guys are not healthy so we really don't know what we have yet.  

Consider five veteran NBA players are out due to injury Wilcox, Pietrus, Dooling, Ray and Rondo after 15 games.  What is wrong with this coaching staff?

Snakebit I say stupid.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

How is it stupid on the part of coaching that Ray ran into a pick in the second quarter, Rondo landed hard from a flagrant foul, and Pietrus can't lift his arm above his head for some unknown reason?   What does Coaching have to do with any of that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

I believe the opposite. The injuries will only prolong DA from making moves due all his guys are not healthy so we really don't know what we have yet.   Consider five veteran NBA players are out due to injury Wilcox, Pietrus, Dooling, Ray and Rondo after 15 games.  What is wrong with this coaching staff? Snakebit I say stupid.
    Posted by concord27

Agree. DA will be swayed by the injuries, the locker room chemistry, and the prideful vets who promise that things will get better, so he won't make any moves right away. Fact is that old vets who were once great are the last to admit that old age is getting in the way and will always think that they can return to the glory days until someone steps in with a dose of reality.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Conditioning done by the coaching staff and physical therapy as supposedly done best by the Suns is why Grant Hill did not come to the Celtics.  This is why Nash and Grant are on the floor most nights.  Injuries occur when athletes are not conditioned properly and are fatigued from too many minutes.

And if you believe they are snakebit you can think that to.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Wow - if you think conditioning is something that made most of those injuries, you're out to lunch, man.  Ray is not out of shape and certainly didn't get an ankle sprain from being out of shape.  Same for Rondo.  Pietrus, maybe - he was injured and couldn't get in shape.  Shaq same thing.  JON - no way.  He had a knee problem when he got  here that had nothing to do with how the Celtics got him in shape (in fact, I blame the medical staff for not knowing!!).  

I am pissed at the Celtic's medical staff - but not because they didn't get players in shape.....because between Danny and the Medical staff - they really thought Shaq would be back and didn't diagnose KG fast enough nor JON fast enough.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Wow - if you think conditioning is something that made most of those injuries, you're out to lunch, man.  Ray is not out of shape and certainly didn't get an ankle sprain from being out of shape.  Same for Rondo.  Pietrus, maybe - he was injured and couldn't get in shape.  Shaq same thing.  JON - no way.  He had a knee problem when he got  here that had nothing to do with how the Celtics got him in shape (in fact, I blame the medical staff for not knowing!!).   I am pissed at the Celtic's medical staff - but not because they didn't get players in shape.....because between Danny and the Medical staff - they really thought Shaq would be back and didn't diagnose KG fast enough nor JON fast enough.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

They are missing Dooling, Wilcox and Pietrus you are naive to think injuries don't have to do with conditioning or lack of it.  Rondo and Ray play a lot of minutes and injuries happen due to that as well. PP has a heel problem it all adds up.  They stink is the only thing I know and it all happened last Febuary.

One thing I completely agree on is the Shaq injury. How they could make a trade and pin their hopes on Shaq with his injury history in his later years is one of biggest mistakes in pro sports history.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Of course injuries can come from conditioning!   My arguement is that you have to look at the TYPE of injury to conclude anything.  Rondo's injury is a wrist injury from a fall from a flagrant fowl.  That's not conditioning.  Ray's injury is from a guy sticking his foot out.  Wade, Lebron, and Ray and others have the same injury.  Sprained ankles come for the most well conditioned atheletes in the world.  We don't know what Pietrus's injury is so we can't conclude anything.

Looking at JON's knee, it was chronic from a tear.  I've had it when I was playing 4 days a week and raquetball one day a week.  I was working out six days a week and lifting weights.  I still had to have surgery.

Some injuries come from conditioning and others don't.  Shaq was clearly weight and conditioning.  Ray and Rondo are not.  That's my point.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Daniels is garbage...........

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Celts have more energy with a younger Sasha at the SG position. Not saying Sasha is better than Ray but Sasha's hustle is something Ray can never do at his age.
    Posted by Fiercest34

I agree with you ... i actually suggested last week that maybe Pietrus starts over Ray... better defense and energy and he can hit the 3s....

I also like Avery's energy and hustle... ive been critical of him but I like what I see tonite on many levels.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Daniels is garbage...........
    Posted by jdm894g

Has there ever been a player who couldn't finish like him?  He has ugly and ineffective moves and no ability to finish.   He's a waste.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

love the way KG is playing, the box score mght not reflect it but he's playing with a lot of energy. Also Bradley, Moore and Sasha are doing a very good job

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Of course injuries can come from conditioning!   My arguement is that you have to look at the TYPE of injury to conclude anything.  Rondo's injury is a wrist injury from a fall from a flagrant fowl.  That's not conditioning.  Ray's injury is from a guy sticking his foot out.  Wade, Lebron, and Ray and others have the same injury.  Sprained ankles come for the most well conditioned atheletes in the world.  We don't know what Pietrus's injury is so we can't conclude anything. Looking at JON's knee, it was chronic from a tear.  I've had it when I was playing 4 days a week and raquetball one day a week.  I was working out six days a week and lifting weights.  I still had to have surgery. Some injuries come from conditioning and others don't.  Shaq was clearly weight and conditioning.  Ray and Rondo are not.  That's my point.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

All good points.  Consider if the injuries pile up as the season goes on they could have to do with the Celtics handling of players.  Right now I guess I am upset due to three new players being out when we need them.  On a night when the Celtics have a ten point lead against a good team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Bradley reallys is a good defender... better than Rondo cause he doesnt gamble as much ... I think with more experience with the first unit is really helping him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Rondo out= blessing in disguise. Avery Bradley showing his promising side, finally!!!

Sections
Shortcuts