Rondo Rising

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Re: Rondo Rising

In Response to Re: Rondo Rising:
    In Response to Rondo Rising : - I love you, Man. Your question is purely rhetorical.  I love rhetorical questions, why, because the person positing the question most likely already knows the answer. Rondo haters be dammned. Rondo is good enough, already, even with last season's stats, to lead us to the championship. Rondo haters equal self-haters, that's obvious: they are haters anyway, just point them in any direction and they will find something / someone to hate. Nuff said. End of story. -
    Posted by RajonRondowski

AMEN BROTHER!!!

Rondo is usually the best player on the floor and these guys still don't get it...

Let this be the year he silences them.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Brad, I like the thought of all that working out.  I appreciate the positivity of that hypothetical, but if J.ON is healthy and balling throughout this year and into the play offs I'll be happily surprised, almost stunned.  We will need our backup bigs to have remarkable roll player years.  The fact that they are decent and energetic is enough to get me hopeful.

To those that are offended by Rondo's critics,  

I'm a Rondo guy but I don't blame his detractors one bit.  There remains the "he still needs to become..." and "he's got to be able to... if he's going to lead this team to a chip" stigmas attached to his name.  And it's valid.  His maturity issues hurt the team last year.  He gets bugs stuck in his head from time to time.  And the holes in his game are notoriously costly for someone whose strengths are so valuable.  If the teammate character issues persist, if we have to Watch Pierce send him to his room during a game or two this year then the balance of Rondo's potential greatness will tip over from the knife edge it's teetering on at the moment.

Rondo has made his bed.  It's either ascend up the ladder or bust.  I am glad he is our point guard but the jury is going to judge him based on his ability to become a top three PG who will force an A game out of the top two when they match up.  So even if he stays the same it will feel like a descent.  it's like Jonah and the whale.  He can't run from what he has to face in order to become what he needs to be. And at this point, every one knows it and every one is watching.  So we'll see, and we'll have our answer over these next two seasons.     

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Rondo's willingness to play hurt is admirable. But it's not always a good thing to play hurt as you can end up hurting the team. In Game 4 Rondo ended up with 10 pts and 5 assists. Game 5, the elimination game, Rondo finished with 6 pts and 3 asts.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Hey, that's on the coach. If he's hurting the team, take him out. Rondo gave it his best, which was all he could do.

I was more concerned about the apparent midseason funk where Rondo appeared as if he might have been nuts. He looks to be wound pretty tight, anyway. They've got to take care of this guy. He's worth it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kycleptic. Show kycleptic's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Rising : Hey, that's on the coach. If he's hurting the team, take him out. Rondo gave it his best, which was all he could do. I was more concerned about the apparent midseason funk where Rondo appeared as if he might have been nuts. He looks to be wound pretty tight, anyway. They've got to take care of this guy. He's worth it!
    Posted by MrJohnnyMost

Rondo in a funk is telling us he's human. If you can't shoot and you're as bad as Shaq on the free-throw line then you will surely get into a funk sooner or later.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

I don't understand all the Rondo bashing. Rondo is a great player who makes everyone around him better, and we have him signed for a relatively cheap price. And he played in the playoffs last year WITH A DISLOCATED ELBOW. And he didn't even flinch.
    Posted by Kirk6

this is why people get frustrated with rondo: he is NOT a great player...but he COULD be...he just hasn't taken that next step.

rondo is a great passer, no doubt. he's great at getting to the basket. he very good at pushing the tempo, which is tough on this old team. but he has not improved his shooting ability, nor has his maturity grown, which is why people (doc and danny included) are frustrated with the kid. the fact that i can still refer to him as a "kid" is telling.

now imagine a rondo with a decent 15-footer, or a rondo that could make free throws. with his ability to beat his man off the dribble and his ability to get to the hoop, can you imagine the problems he would cause other teams if he could just hit 80% of his FTs? can you imagine how keeping opposing guards honest in guarding him would open up scoring possibilities for the big 3?

herein lies folks' frustrations with rondo. it's not with what he is. it's with what he COULD be.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i'll add this...remember jason kidd as a young player? some of the same problems that rondo has. but jason kidd improved his shooting a lot over time. here's hoping that rondo can do the same.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Rondo Rising : - I love you, Man. Your question is purely rhetorical.  I love rhetorical questions, why, because the person positing the question most likely already knows the answer. Rondo haters be dammned. Rondo is good enough, already, even with last season's stats, to lead us to the championship. Rondo haters equal self-haters, that's obvious: they are haters anyway, just point them in any direction and they will find something / someone to hate. Nuff said. End of story. -
    Posted by RajonRondowski

With a rhetorical question, there is no answer, its more a statement or method to convey a feeling or emotion...Kinda like Moses saying "How much longer must my people suffer".  Moses wasnt expecting someone to answer him and he certainly didnt know the answer..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Posted by RajonRondowski

Pout much, Rondowski?

Can't handle DA shopping your namesake, can you?

Pud

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Rising : I'll also add this, Jason Kidd was NEVER a bad FT shooter.  Go ahead and foul Jason Kidd, he'll make you pay at the FT line.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Jason shot in the 60 percentile range his first 4 years. It was the upper sixties but none the less 60 something percent.  I consider that bad, especially for a PG.  Not as bad as RR.  You are correct about fouling him now though.  He pretty much will make you pay.  I expect Rondo to start his yearly FT improvement this year.  Just my guess.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Rising : this is why people get frustrated with rondo: he is NOT a great player...but he COULD be...he just hasn't taken that next step. rondo is a great passer, no doubt. he's great at getting to the basket. he very good at pushing the tempo, which is tough on this old team. but he has not improved his shooting ability, nor has his maturity grown, which is why people (doc and danny included) are frustrated with the kid. the fact that i can still refer to him as a "kid" is telling. now imagine a rondo with a decent 15-footer, or a rondo that could make free throws. with his ability to beat his man off the dribble and his ability to get to the hoop, can you imagine the problems he would cause other teams if he could just hit 80% of his FTs? can you imagine how keeping opposing guards honest in guarding him would open up scoring possibilities for the big 3? herein lies folks' frustrations with rondo. it's not with what he is. it's with what he COULD be.
    Posted by kaktug

Bingo!
    I'll add that to me, Rondo is tough physically but not mentally.
    I agree he makes other players better, but what about making himself better? He needs to get up to averaging 15-20 ppg and the only way to do that is to start hitting jumpers consistently and make FTs. If he can do that....
    Here's to hoping!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Rising : If Rondo does that we can beat any team in the playoffs.
    Posted by Fiercest34

If Rondo can do that... we suddenly have the league MVP surrounded by 3  first ballot HOFers.

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

And that's exactly what we had last year... until the funk.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

And that's exactly what we had last year... until the funk.
    Posted by MrJohnnyMost

Not really.

His dimes were way up but the rest of his offense had tanked.

More skewed than ever.

And then the swoon and the wheels came off.

Pud

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Rising : If Rondo does that we can beat any team in the playoffs.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Bro, Knicks are better that Celtics this year.  Hope all is well!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Rising : Bro, Knicks are better that Celtics this year.  Hope all is well!
    Posted by greeneater2

Bro, Clips are better than the lakers this year.  Merry Christmas!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Rising : Bro, Clips are better than the lakers this year.  Merry Christmas!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

That's kind of what I'm hoping for.  Enjoy!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Rising : That's kind of what I'm hoping for.  Enjoy!
    Posted by greeneater2

No it isn't.  Hey, we have bandwagon jumper #1  here, guys.  Probably will claim to have been a Clips fan for years...........anyone recall him coming on here and rooting for the Clips before??  NOT ME!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Rising : No it isn't.  Hey, we have bandwagon jumper #1  here, guys.  Probably will claim to have been a Clips fan for years...........anyone recall him coming on here and rooting for the Clips before??  NOT ME!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

BTW isn't PJ one championship ahead of your boy Red?  Enjoy your day!!

Sections
Shortcuts