Rondo says: "The team was not the same team as last year, and that they could not just throw the switch".

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Rondo says: "The team was not the same team as last year, and that they could not just throw the switch".

There will be no problem with KG, Pierce, Allen and even JO. This is their last real shot and they know it.

My concern in Rondo. He is after all, just a kid. He seems to have been very affected by the trade. He is not hurt, and he is not tired, so it must be attitude.

Rondo may not want to turn the switch. Last night on the Celtics show, their were interviews of various players before the play-offs. Last night Rondo stated that "the team was not the same team as last year, and that they could not just throw the switch".

That tells me that he does not believe the Celtics can do it. After such a statement, I think Doc will have a short leash on Rondo. I certainly would.

I can speculate that he has lost confidence, or that he no longer cares to play for Danny and Doc, or that he no longer buys into this Celtic team. What ever his motivation, it is clear that he is very immature.

So lets hope KG helps him find the motivation, or that KG finds a cattle prod, or that West is ready. Otherwise this could be a short play-off season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Rondo says: "The team was not the same team as last year, and that they could not just throw the switch".

In Response to Rondo says: "The team was not the same team as last year, and that they could not just throw the switch".:
    [QUOTE]There will be no problem with KG, Pierce, Allen and even JO. This is their last real shot and they know it. My concern in Rondo. He is after all, just a kid. He seems to have been very affected by the trade. He is not hurt, and he is not tired, so it must be attitude. Rondo may not want to turn the switch. Last night on the Celtics show, their were interviews of various players before the play-offs. Last night Rondo stated that " the team was not the same team as last year, and that they could not just throw the switch". That tells me that he does not believe the Celtics can do it. After such a statement, I think Doc will have a short leash on Rondo. I certainly would. I can speculate that he has lost confidence, or that he no longer cares to play for Danny and Doc, or that he no longer buys into this Celtic team. What ever his motivation, it is clear that he is very immature. So lets hope KG helps him find the motivation, or that KG finds a cattle prod, or that West is ready. Otherwise this could be a short play-off season.
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan[/QUOTE]

It was bad enough last year when the C's threw a switch after playing .500 ball for the last 2/3rds of the season... and made a serious run at #18.

This year, Rondo may be hidding the switch.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Re: Rondo says: "The team was not the same team as last year, and that they could not just throw the switch".

I think Doc will only let that happen for a very short period. Lets hope he gets motivated.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo says: "The team was not the same team as last year, and that they could not just throw the switch".:

[QUOTE]I think Doc will only let that happen for a very short period. Lets hope he gets motivated.

Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan[/QUOTE]

-

That's quite a telling quote . . . disturbing and scary too. Confidance shaking.

But Rondo does have a droll sense of humor.

I'm wonderin' if he's hearing about it from anyone.  Oh, if locker room walls had ears . . .  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I've got to admit when I first read what Rondo said I was irate. I wanted him off the team. Then I realized it's just words on an internet forum (I'm not saying it's not true) and when the game starts Rondo will show up to play.

I hope.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

"My concern in Rondo. He is after all, just a kid. He seems to have been very affected by the trade. He is not hurt, and he is not tired, so it must be attitude"

That tells me that he does not believe the Celtics can do it. After such a statement, I think Doc will have a short leash on Rondo. I certainly would.

I can speculate that he has lost confidence, or that he no longer cares to play for Danny and Doc, or that he no longer buys into this Celtic team. What ever his motivation, it is clear that he is very immature."

How is Rondo looking?  Looks like he duped you Minny.  Maybe he wanted teams to take them lightly...but the ligths definately went out in N.Y. pretty quick...dont know who flicked the switch...but you may wanna retract your statements about rondo not playing motivated.....He came out with the game of Death t -shirt (bruce lee) and was kicking a ss and taking names...and put the knicks to death...lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

More Rondo bashing???

Why??? What did he say that wasn't true? Haven't we all been saying it?

Oh yeah, he stinks. And so does Brady. He wouldn't be any good except for his marvelous receivers. After all, he can't run for touchdowns.

Our team is old. Some nights it just isn't there. Rondo has to figure that out every night, and adjust his game. Are we cooking, or do I have to get 30?

They have great players who have become glacially slow. It's nobody's fault. It's age. Rondo has to deal with that and make it work. If they're open, this kid will get them the ball. If not, then he has to make something out of nothing.

Green was supposed to address this deficit. He's young and can run.

Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be fitting in at all. Perhaps the proud old dogs have not embraced the new pup. They didn't dig Rondo either, at first. They need this guy and it'd better happen quick.

With the gaping hole in the middle, it will take a TEAM effort to win it all. 

It can be done. Ask Tommy. He ran and won with Silas and Nelson, two of the slowest guys in the league!!! Anybody remember the triple picks they had to run to get Nelson open? The pieces are there. It's now up to them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

just wanted Minny to see that he jumped the gun on Rondo and his attitude...looks great to me,...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I think Rondo , with his comments basically was saying, we are not the same team ( true statement, diff. players this year)   the other comment about the switch I believe was for the new guys to not get complacent and think things are gonna happen by themselves, and to remind them they have to form their own identity.  Minny went ahead and took it upon himself to assume his comments meant he had an attitude?, but other than that, I generally agree with Minny, but he was way off on this one...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Hi Jay,

Ha, Ha,

Why would I retract anything? I think Rondo proved my point to perfection.

He had an attitude problem during the regular season, and he flipped the switch when the play-offs started. He wasn't sick, he wasn't hurt, and his game is mostly effort based. In the play-offs he put in the effort.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo says: "The team was not the same team as last year, and that they could not just throw the switch".:
    [QUOTE]" My concern in Rondo. He is after all, just a kid. He seems to have been very affected by the trade. He is not hurt, and he is not tired, so it must be attitude" That tells me that he does not believe the Celtics can do it. After such a statement, I think Doc will have a short leash on Rondo. I certainly would. I can speculate that he has lost confidence, or that he no longer cares to play for Danny and Doc, or that he no longer buys into this Celtic team. What ever his motivation, it is clear that he is very immature." How is Rondo looking?  Looks like he duped you Minny.  Maybe he wanted teams to take them lightly...but the ligths definately went out in N.Y. pretty quick...dont know who flicked the switch...but you may wanna retract your statements about rondo not playing motivated.....He came out with the game of Death t -shirt (bruce lee) and was kicking a ss and taking names...and put the knicks to death...lol
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Rondo's motivation blows hot and cold and has done so for years now. The kid's not been hurt.

He's been moping. All the PF BS, the bad ankles, knees, pinkies is smokescreen for an immature kid with emotional issues, surrounded by stabilizing future HOFers who try to keep him on track and focused. 

We'll see if it carries over to the next series... and to the next bit of adversity.

No matter how this season turns out though.... good... bad ....ugly, it will be time to part ways with our mercurial PG and bring in more predictable talent for the post Big Three era.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pud,
    Nice try,  get ready to have Rondo around another three years minimum.  He's turning it up a notch get ready for him to shine brightest starting next weekend.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

I think the difference is when we "flipped the switch" last year, we took it to another level, playing BETTER than we had at the beginning of the season.

this season, we don't need to step it up a notch, we just need to find the form we were in before injuries and trades derailed our season. when shaq was playing and we were shooting 50% from the field every game and rondo was averaging 14 assists, we were unbeatable.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Pud, Nice try,  get ready to have Rondo around another three years minimum.  He's turning it up a notch get ready for him to shine brightest starting next weekend.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Shine all he wants... please....  and lets hope that #18 is in sight... but the bottom line doesn't change.

Its all about business.... and DA has shown that he will pull the trigger. 

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts