Rondo Sitting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Rondo Sitting

Is there anyone other than me who believes Rondo was held out of last night's game because of his play of lately? I know some responses will refer to his stat line which looks impressive in some games... but those of us who have notice that there is a big difference in his play since is close friend got traded and it hasn't been good overall.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: Rondo Sitting

I think it was a lot more then just an injured finger!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Who knows. I know some were calling for him to be benched here in these forums. I guess it's just a wait and see situation.

He can probably use a game off here and there to be honest, as long as he goes full speed ahead in the playoffs. We will need EVERYONE at full strength or close to it to get to the Finals.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm with you. The excuse was the pinky but internally I think it was his play.

Have you noticed how all the vets are praising West and giving him compliments. LOL! They are trying to send a message to Rondo by pumping up West. We all knew what kind of game West had already so why are they publically praising him after one game...to light a fire under Rondo.

I'm at a loss for words with this team. I'm not sure why Green cannot finish games. I still like to see us finish games with
    PP
    RA
    Green
    BBD
    KG

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Sitting:
    [QUOTE]I'm with you. The excuse was the pinky but internally I think it was his play. Have you noticed how all the vets are praising West and giving him compliments. LOL! They are trying to send a message to Rondo by pumping up West. We all knew what kind of game West had already so why are they publically praising him after one game...to light a fire under Rondo. I'm at a loss for words with this team. I'm not sure why Green cannot finish games. I still like to see us finish games with PP RA Green BBD KG
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

That is the line up, i have wanted to to see finish games, since we traded for green

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I think Doc let him try to work his way out of it as long as he could, until he realized that not only was he not getting better but they were losing games as well, so he finally figured let me sit him out against Minny, who has a pg in Ridnour who isnt going to drop 30..so lets get him some rest and also give Delonte a chance to run the show in case Rondo has to ever sit for an extended period.

I will say this though....I think Delonte's inspired play is gonna buy Rondo some more time on the shelf to heal up physically and emotionally and the longer West plays well, the less Rondo will play when he returns...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Nah, the old pinky hurts trick again. Rondo needs down time. He's not playing well, give him a few days off. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I thought maybe the pinky excuse was really Rondo getting benched, in a nice way.  Who knows though...

At least its something other than the same old thing of letting players who are playing bad...keep playing.

Maybe we can just forfeit the remaining games and the C's can go on vacation in the Islands and rejuvenate.  Come back for the playoffs all tanned..er, I mean...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I thought maybe the pinky excuse was really Rondo getting benched, in a nice way.  Who knows though... At least its something other than the same old thing of letting players who are playing bad...keep playing. Maybe we can just forfeit the remaining games and the C's can go on vacation in the Islands and rejuvenate.  Come back for the playoffs all tanned..er, I mean...
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

LOL.  If this is it, then I hope each of the starters has a pinky issue over the next few weeks and gets about 4 or 5 days off.   They each need it mentally as much as physically.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

It wasn't the injured finger that kept Rondo out.  It was the other finger.  The one he's had up his *ss for the last month.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dennisboydOT. Show dennisboydOT's posts

is Rondo playing tonight?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]I'm with you. The excuse was the pinky but internally I think it was his play. Have you noticed how all the vets are praising West and giving him compliments. LOL! They are trying to send a message to Rondo by pumping up West. We all knew what kind of game West had already so why are they publically praising him after one game...to light a fire under Rondo. I'm at a loss for words with this team. I'm not sure why Green cannot finish games. I still like to see us finish games with PP RA Green BBD KG
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Depends on who we are playing but I would prefer West over BBD and his 15 shot attempts.  Who told this guy to keep shooting after getting 3 blocked?  4-15  0-2 from the field and line respectively is koME -like in its' futility!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Sitting : Depends on who we are playing but I would prefer West over BBD and his 15 shot attempts.  Who told this guy to keep shooting after getting 3 blocked?  4-15  0-2 from the field and line respectively is koME -like in its' futility!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

how many of davis' 15 shots were late in the clock after the dolldrums celts stood around waiting for the other guy to be a hero and ran the legs off the shot clock?  historically when davis shoots a lot that means he's getting stuck.  if he's having a good game shooting he scores on pretty good efficiency and doesn't take a load of shots.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Sitting : Depends on who we are playing but I would prefer West over BBD and his 15 shot attempts.  Who told this guy to keep shooting after getting 3 blocked?  4-15  0-2 from the field and line respectively is koME -like in its' futility!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    I rag on Rondo now, but I don't with BBD.  He plays from the heart.  If he went 4-15, I hope his patellar tendonitis isn't acting up again.  That would really hurt.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Sitting : how many of davis' 15 shots were late in the clock after the dolldrums celts stood around waiting for the other guy to be a hero and ran the legs off the shot clock?  historically when davis shoots a lot that means he's getting stuck.  if he's having a good game shooting he scores on pretty good efficiency and doesn't take a load of shots.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

4-15 with 3 blocked shots is too much for me, sorry.  I'm losing my patience with BBD, and have been since I posted my thread a couple of months ago!  He is NOT a starter in this league!

Of course, I hope he plays well tonight......but his stats are going down!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

I hope Rondo to the day off to go see a therapist to tone down his huge ego.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Rondo sitting . . . yeah, that's right.

Rondo's sitting on 18 points at halftime.

LoL