Rondo still not getting traded.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Rondo still not getting traded.

I hate to crush the hopes of users like Pud (okay I love it) but, Rondo is very, very, very unlikely to be traded this off season. Because of a whole host issues. 

1) Danny doesn't tear it all down: The last time we went through this Danny held off on trading Paul Pierce, the second best player of our title run. He tore it down enough to be miserable but he kept a star in place as a means to get other stars, and it worked.

That year we traded our pick for Ray Allen, which made Garnett willing to come to Boston to pair with the other two all stars. If Pierce was gone the best we could have offered Garnett was a pairing with Ray allen or young unproven players. No Way Garnett agrees to that trade(And he had the power to opt out of his contract making the trade undoable) With Players like Kevin Love looming as trade targets, Ainge is likely going to need to keep players all stars, want to play with which means keeping Rondo.

2) What does the draft bring:   If the Celtics get a blue chipper  like Parker, they become a team with two  cornerstones in place, meaning attracting an Aldridge or Love via the non trade route becomes an option the Celtics usually don't have. Free agents like warm weather but they like titles too. And we will have a ton of cap space in 2015 (only 23 million commited now) to sign another player. If we have Parker and Rondo in place and money that becomes pretty attractive to players who might not want to just set screens in L.A. while Kobe jacks up 40 shots a game. 

3) Rookie talent needs help: Whoever the Celtics draft... we will need time to see what they are. The Celtics won't know whether Wiggens or Parker or whomever are really players until they play. and leaving them as the only major talent by trading Rondo (See Kyrie Irving) is not a path to holding on to your young talent in later years. 

4) 17 draft picks in next five years We have the draft pick kinda covered. I don't think two more first round picks for Rondo is what Ainge is looking for. I think he is looking to convert the surplus into proven players not convert proven players into even more picks. 

5) 2015 is loaded with Excellent Free agent point guards. The point guard class of 2015 includes. Gorgan Dragic, Kyrie Irving, Rondo, and Kemba Walker. That means that the market is going to be saturated with good paoint guards, meaning the Celtics can likely either get Rondo at a bit of a discount or replace him with another point guard. So the risk of losing Rondo for nothing is less. With this in mind it makes more sense to hold onto Rondo and see what you can add around him.

So while anything is possible, I think Pud and friends are going to be dissapointed yet again. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: Rondo still not getting traded.

agreed, jtkl. your points would be better made with more hyperbole, bold print, enlarged font, multiple exclamation points, saucier verbiage and with less objectivity, but yeah, nice post.  :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So while anything is possible, I think Pud and friends are going to be dissapointed yet again. 

[/QUOTE]

Hi,

I think they'll be happy - who else besides RR gives them that much food for their posts.

AK

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

One simple reason Rondo hasnt been traded...nobody wants him for anything more than Brandon Knight.... even that may not be available now

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One simple reason Rondo hasnt been traded...nobody wants him for anything more than Brandon Knight.... even that may not be available now

[/QUOTE]

+1 million

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What'll be your excuse when the Celtics resign him? 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

could you two take your antics to another subject? you're bringing me down. thanks.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, true ... like paying Bradley $8MM/yr ... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't know what rame is thinking.

I would never give AB 8m per year.

[/QUOTE]

For God's Sake, you said not long ago that AB was worth between 8-10 mil per yr. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

if Rondo is pour 3rd best talent we are contenders. if he's a top 2 guy, its not enough. gotta figure it out

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Oh, and Fiercy, for the record ... Pierce 0-2 and Babb 2-3!!!

Hahaha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

really. Babb to Pierce? ever yerked to a pic of Babb or something related to him (friend? aquaintance?) what a joke

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]

Rondo 3-3 on 3 Ptrs .... Practice, Practice, Practice!!!

[/QUOTE]

I hope that you are right. If Rondo adds a consistent 3 (and the mentality to shoot after a miss) he will increase his game tremendously and lengthen his career.

On the other hand: His FT % is already coming back to earth. Sample size matters.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I think the most important date will be the draft lottery. I believe Ainge will try to work a S&T with Rondo if we do not get a top 3 pick. If we end up with a top 3 pick, Ainge will try to convince Rondo to stay and sign him to a big contract. I believe it's top 3...not top 5.