Rondo Still Whimpering

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Rondo Still Whimpering

In Response to Re: Rondo Still Whimpering:
    In Response to Re: Rondo Still Whimpering : I agree with a good part of your post. Where we differ is Rondo defensively...hes not slumping there...hes been doin it for a long time.
    Posted by Karllost

No offense but only one point guard has a better defensive efficency than Rondo and that's Chris Paul at 99. That's in the whole league. They didn't put him on the all NBA defnsive team for the heck of it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Still Whimpering : absolutely not true.  perkins pushed it like crazy because it was a contract year.  his big pay day.  he had to prove he had something or he was going to be offered a million bucks to play somewhere next year. loyaly my AZZZZZSSSS- there is NO loyalty by players any more.  when i was growing up you had as many one team career guys as guys who moved around.  now they all move around.  pierce is a rarity.  rondo will not stay here forever.  in fact i wish they worked a juicy trade tomorrow to get a ham sandwich point guard and some good draft picks out of the sad little prik. carmelo had loyalty, lebron had loyalty, shak also loyal to orlando, miami, pippen to chicago, barkley to the 76ers, and just sit yourself down and watch dwight howard's loyalty job that he's going to do on orlando.  it's all about the money, honey.  and perkins got his.  while injured.  he couldn't have possibly done any better for a guy with no hands and feet. if rondo can't deal with that then he's really soft in the head.
    Posted by aciemvp

I wonder why someone who seems to hate many of the players roots for a team at all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Still Whimpering : Perkins was shipped out of town. He didn't leave to do anyhting and he really wanted to stay. btw. The owners all make billions off the NBA why exactly is it wrong for a player to deman some of that. I don't go to games to watch Marc Cuban. 
    Posted by jtkl

I wonder how many of the whiny shmos on this board are as good at their jobs as Rondo is at his.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Still Whimpering : Rondo, has a player effciency rating of 17.96. That's higher than Ray Allen's. He has defensive rating of 100. one of the top ratings for a point guard in the league. He is an NBA all defensive team member. He leads the league in assists. Saying he is "potential" is not paying attention. John Wall has potential. Rondo is a top 5 point guard.  He is not playing well now, but neither are alot of the Celtics. You don't give up 4 or 5 100 point games unless the whole team defense is bad.  Here is a link of Krystic and KG getting dunked on over and over last night.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWrNDEzz4z8&feature=player_embedded Krystic, played a wonderful offensive game, but his defense needs work. We need Shaq back and maybe Jermaine O'neil. I don't see krystic being the guy that gives the hard fouls. He is a guy that will be a terrifc scorer off the bench for us. and tht's great, but Shaq would have put Jordan on his butt one time at least.  As for Rondo, he abused Mo Williams last year in the playoffs. I think Rondo, is playing too many minutes and is hurt. I think West getting healthy and having Arroyo will let him cut minutes which will get him back on track. Keep in mind this is bound to happen. Half of our roster is brand new. I think we have better players now, but we also have players that haven't played together very much. Let's just hope on the fly we figure it out enough to be ready for the playoffs and hold off Chicago.
    Posted by jtkl

Way too rational. Prepare to be torched by the message board perfectionists.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

damfuno karllost and acie do a lot of whimpering on this board. Please provide links to any complaints by Rondo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Still Whimpering : Rondo, has a player effciency rating of 17.96. That's higher than Ray Allen's. He has defensive rating of 100. one of the top ratings for a point guard in the league. He is an NBA all defensive team member. He leads the league in assists. Saying he is "potential" is not paying attention. John Wall has potential. Rondo is a top 5 point guard.  He is not playing well now, but neither are alot of the Celtics. You don't give up 4 or 5 100 point games unless the whole team defense is bad.  Here is a link of Krystic and KG getting dunked on over and over last night.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWrNDEzz4z8&feature=player_embedded Krystic, played a wonderful offensive game, but his defense needs work. We need Shaq back and maybe Jermaine O'neil. I don't see krystic being the guy that gives the hard fouls. He is a guy that will be a terrifc scorer off the bench for us. and tht's great, but Shaq would have put Jordan on his butt one time at least.  As for Rondo, he abused Mo Williams last year in the playoffs. I think Rondo, is playing too many minutes and is hurt. I think West getting healthy and having Arroyo will let him cut minutes which will get him back on track. Keep in mind this is bound to happen. Half of our roster is brand new. I think we have better players now, but we also have players that haven't played together very much. Let's just hope on the fly we figure it out enough to be ready for the playoffs and hold off Chicago.
    Posted by jtkl

while rondo may show some handsome advanced stats, advanced stats don't factor in the fact that he sticks to picks like glue and won't fight over them.  often times his man ends up covered by someone else and therefore dishes to the next loose link in the chain who has been switched away from.

so that is why advanced stats are a bunch of junk in some instances.  and they also don't mark rondo down for every gamble for a steal that fails and leaves his man happily frolicking toward the hoop with the ball, uncovered, for another dish down / dish off to someone whose man came to help on rondo's man.

if there was an advanced stat  for the number of times rondo makes an astute fan go BLEECCCHHH and throw up a little in their mouths at his horrible defense, he would pin the needle on that stat for sure- league leader among starting point guards.

and don't throw nenad under the bus just yet.  yes, he needs to get better in the defensive system, but last night he was covering on the man who went to go try to stop mow williams, who was mowing us down all night long.  or someone else's man who switched off.  the loose link in the chain was NOT krstich but the guy who was supposed to HELP when krstich had to GO HELP!  get it?  that's how deandre looked like wilt last night- missing help.  

or i should say TOO MUCH HELP by the celts.  you only have two, maybe three switches at the most per posession before the system collapses and someone is open for a layup.  if krstich didn't go help when he did, someone else would have gotten a dunk other than deandre, because they were right in the kitchen at the rim if nenad didn't go defend them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Still Whimpering : Has Steve Nash, been playing hurt his entire career? he has a defensive rating of 116. maybe that is one realy weak part of his game that he makes up for by being terrifc in other areas. 
    Posted by jtkl

okay, so what's your point?  nash runs and guns, leads league in assists, FT%, and can shoot the 3, shoot runners, get to the rim.  and he's a doormat on D.

on the other hand, rondo can't shoot the 3, can't shoot runners, can't shoot free throws, won't play defense despite the skills to do so, but gets a lot of assists.  there isn't enough lysol there to cover the stink in my book.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Still Whimpering : while rondo may show some handsome advanced stats, advanced stats don't factor in the fact that he sticks to picks like glue and won't fight over them.  often times his man ends up covered by someone else and therefore dishes to the next loose link in the chain who has been switched away from. so that is why advanced stats are a bunch of junk in some instances.  and they also don't mark rondo down for every gamble for a steal that fails and leaves his man happily frolicking toward the hoop with the ball, uncovered, for another dish down / dish off to someone whose man came to help on rondo's man. if there was an advanced stat  for the number of times rondo makes an astute fan go BLEECCCHHH and throw up a little in their mouths at his horrible defense, he would pin the needle on that stat for sure- league leader among starting point guards. and don't throw nenad under the bus just yet.  yes, he needs to get better in the defensive system, but last night he was covering on the man who went to go try to stop mow williams, who was mowing us down all night long.  or someone else's man who switched off.  the loose link in the chain was NOT krstich but the guy who was supposed to HELP when krstich had to GO HELP!  get it?  that's how deandre looked like wilt last night- missing help.   or i should say TOO MUCH HELP by the celts.  you only have two, maybe three switches at the most per posession before the system collapses and someone is open for a layup.  if krstich didn't go help when he did, someone else would have gotten a dunk other than deandre, because they were right in the kitchen at the rim if nenad didn't go defend them.
    Posted by aciemvp

Exactly!!

Thats why stats can be manipulated by the user any way they want to.

Stats take you so far, then observation in over many games puts it all in perspective. 

Take Kobe (whom I despise) for example.. he has a poor FG% when it comes to taking end of game tying or winning shots...Rondo may actually have a higher one...

but when Kobe shoots he likely to be double/triple teamed, he has a chance of being fouled on that jumper,   his teammates have a substantially better chance of getting an offensive rebound because 2-3 players are draped over Kobe.. et, etc

when Rondo takes that same shot... all the other options fade into the sunset..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Still Whimpering : I wonder why someone who seems to hate many of the players roots for a team at all.
    Posted by jrleftfoot

ooooooohhh.  a scathing condemnation!!  i am TIRED of rondo's candy a$$e act.  five years in and little improvement in his fundamentals and defense.  compare that to pierce who has evolved into such a different player than he was as the disgruntled leader of a basement team.  what a difference between then vs. now.  in so many areas.  i like KG's intensity and defense, he is masterful at the help defense and guarding our goal.  i wish he'd do more posting but it was never his strength.  i like ray allen and think that even at an advanced age he has become a very servicable defensive player- something that he WAS NOT before for over 10 years in the league!

i love new additions, green, arroyo and krstic and am shocked at how krstic has fit in so quickly.  it's partially a testament to how bad perkins was at offense, nobody could pass him the ball becuase he'd bumble it.

i don't know about murphy.  he looks awful but might come around.

i love glen davis' game, he is so unique.  i hope we keep him.

delonte, if he can stay healthy will put this team over the top.

shak at 1.1 million is fabulous.  he'll be here for the playoffs. 

jerlame was a waste of 5M.  i hope he goes away.

there you have it, there's my hate for this team.  you called it, simpleton.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I don't think Acie is out of line at all.  Something has been up with Rondo the last few games.  His defense is the most noticeably effected.  He also seems unable to create space as he was earlier in the season.

It's there, yes he has been great on defense and an absolute force offensively but it is not disloyal to notice a real drop off in his game as it has the last few games

Rondo is often unfairly attacked but I am concerned about him.  We need the Rondo that bolts around the court disrupting everything the other team is trying to do.  He looks very different right now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Still Whimpering : while rondo may show some handsome advanced stats, advanced stats don't factor in the fact that he sticks to picks like glue and won't fight over them.  often times his man ends up covered by someone else and therefore dishes to the next loose link in the chain who has been switched away from. so that is why advanced stats are a bunch of junk in some instances.  and they also don't mark rondo down for every gamble for a steal that fails and leaves his man happily frolicking toward the hoop with the ball, uncovered, for another dish down / dish off to someone whose man came to help on rondo's man. if there was an advanced stat  for the number of times rondo makes an astute fan go BLEECCCHHH and throw up a little in their mouths at his horrible defense, he would pin the needle on that stat for sure- league leader among starting point guards. and don't throw nenad under the bus just yet.  yes, he needs to get better in the defensive system, but last night he was covering on the man who went to go try to stop mow williams, who was mowing us down all night long.  or someone else's man who switched off.  the loose link in the chain was NOT krstich but the guy who was supposed to HELP when krstich had to GO HELP!  get it?  that's how deandre looked like wilt last night- missing help.   or i should say TOO MUCH HELP by the celts.  you only have two, maybe three switches at the most per posession before the system collapses and someone is open for a layup.  if krstich didn't go help when he did, someone else would have gotten a dunk other than deandre, because they were right in the kitchen at the rim if nenad didn't go defend them.
    Posted by aciemvp

I'm down on Rondo's recent play.  I don't know if its his health or his mindset.  But, I'm not down on his future.  He's having a rough period, but he'll come around.  He won't be a good shooter in the near term (Field goals or FT's) but the rest of his game (runners, layups, passing, defense) are all things he's shown he can do when focused.  I want him to step it up and do it now.....and I believe he can and will.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I don't think Acie is out of line at all.  Something has been up with Rondo the last few games.  His defense is the most noticeably effected.  He also seems unable to create space as he was earlier in the season. It's there, yes he has been great on defense and an absolute force offensively but it is not disloyal to notice a real drop off in his game as it has the last few games Rondo is often unfairly attacked but I am concerned about him.  We need the Rondo that bolts around the court disrupting everything the other team is trying to do.  He looks very different right now.
    Posted by concord27

Rondo may be at time unfairly attacked.. but far more often he is unfairly praised for playing a game that is inflated to cover for his quirks and deficiencies... as long as the C's win... which is most of the time.

When the C's lose its another story. Less tolerance for his BS. More critical analysis of his exposed deficiencies and how they impact the team.

The teflon kid begins to take a long overdue drubbing.

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

The whole team played bad. I think Jeff Green was a minus 20 in the +_ column. 
    Posted by jtkl

If the boxscore is correct, Green was the best celtic at +13. Arroyo was second with +8. KG was -16.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I think everyone will agree that Rondo is the best point guard we have had in quite some time with the caveat when he is playing hard........in his defense he has been forced to play more minutes than anyone at a position that requires 100% focus........I believe that this along with the fact that he is suffering from plantar fasciatus (I had it and it just doesn't miraculously go away) you need rest, a hamstring pull....which also needs rest.........all this leads me to say that now that we have Arroyo...perhaps the best 2nd string PG since we started Rondo,  it is time to sit Rondo down more and let him prepare for the playoffs.......and rest all his ailments.........we should have done it over the AS break
    Posted by damfuno

He should have passed on the AS game as well as the TEAM USA fiasco.

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Still Whimpering : okay, so what's your point?  nash runs and guns, leads league in assists, FT%, and can shoot the 3, shoot runners, get to the rim.  and he's a doormat on D. on the other hand, rondo can't shoot the 3, can't shoot runners, can't shoot free throws, won't play defense despite the skills to do so, but gets a lot of assists.  there isn't enough lysol there to cover the stink in my book.
    Posted by aciemvp

My point is Rondo, Plays Great Defense, which is why he is on the all defensive team, and has the second highest effciency rating of any point guard in the league. Is a great passer, which is why the Celtics are shooting so well, and why he is leading the league in assists and is a pretty good rebounder for a point guard. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Still Whimpering : ooooooohhh.  a scathing condemnation!!  i am TIRED of rondo's candy a$$e act.  five years in and little improvement in his fundamentals and defense.  compare that to pierce who has evolved into such a different player than he was as the disgruntled leader of a basement team.  what a difference between then vs. now.  in so many areas.  i like KG's intensity and defense, he is masterful at the help defense and guarding our goal.  i wish he'd do more posting but it was never his strength.  i like ray allen and think that even at an advanced age he has become a very servicable defensive player- something that he WAS NOT before for over 10 years in the league! i love new additions, green, arroyo and krstic and am shocked at how krstic has fit in so quickly.  it's partially a testament to how bad perkins was at offense, nobody could pass him the ball becuase he'd bumble it. i don't know about murphy.  he looks awful but might come around. i love glen davis' game, he is so unique.  i hope we keep him. delonte, if he can stay healthy will put this team over the top. shak at 1.1 million is fabulous.  he'll be here for the playoffs.  jerlame was a waste of 5M.  i hope he goes away. there you have it, there's my hate for this team.  you called it, simpleton.
    Posted by aciemvp

Did you notice the dun-a-thon over krystic last night? He is a good offensive player, but the man is not there yet on defense. Without Shaq this trade is problematic because Krystic cannot make space or push the realy strong centers away from the basket. 

He does have good hands though, and is terrifc finisher. I also like his effort on the glass and that fact that he is improving on defense, but he is a real liabilty against the stronger centers in the league. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Still Whimpering : Did you notice the dun-a-thon over krystic last night? He is a good offensive player, but the man is not there yet on defense. Without Shaq this trade is problematic because Krystic cannot make space or push the realy strong centers away from the basket.  He does have good hands though, and is terrifc finisher. I also like his effort on the glass and that fact that he is improving on defense, but he is a real liabilty against the stronger centers in the league. 
    Posted by jtkl

i am shocked, just shocked, that you as an astute basketball watcher did not realize that 99% of the time krstic was leaving jordan, he was covering up another mess that someone else made- that is to say if nenad did not switch to cover the man stampeding the basket wide open from 5 feet away and less, there would have been another dunk ANYWAY!

it's not like krstic was picking his underwear out there or lost on his assignment, he was COVERING UP A MESS, and nobody in turn switched to cover jordan, time and again.  this is not krstic's fault.  not even in the slightest.  he does still need work in the defensive scheme but is doing just fine so far.  i didn't see any instances last night out of the 10 jordan point blank attempts where krstic was actually at fault. 

maybe he got out-rebounded for 1 or 2 of those dunks?  maybe he did.  and that is an average deandre jordan night.   but the other 8 times, the c's fell open like a cheap suitcase on the switch d because people ( :-O ) were fumbling their assignments, not fighting over picks, going under picks or doing much of anything on the perimeter D.

so why don't cha go re-watch the game and come back with something else.  at least something that is accurate.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Many of the anti-Rondo posts on this thread are clear evidence of what can reasonably be called "hate" of the player AND the person.  Notice how many personal criticisms of Rondo there are that have no basis in fact, but are the products of virulent dislike.  That's hate, not objective criticism.  Acie has been one of the worst offenders - but his rants on this thread are REALLY over the top.

Two posters argued that Rondo hasn't improved since his first year.  That's nonsense, and even a cursury glance at his yearly totals would show that.  Since his first couple of years, his passing has improved, his assists are way up, his jump shot has greatly improved (he's shooting 45% on jump shots this season), his basketball vision has improved, and his running of the team is much better - enough to earn his coach's, his teammates, and even other coach's praise.

None are so blind as those who will not see.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Many of the anti-Rondo posts on this thread are clear evidence of what can reasonably be called "hate" of the player AND the person.  Notice how many personal criticisms of Rondo there are that have no basis in fact, but are the products of virulent dislike.  That's hate, not objective criticism.  Acie has been one of the worst offenders - but his rants on this thread are REALLY over the top. Two posters argued that Rondo hasn't improved since his first year.  That's nonsense, and even a cursury glance at his yearly totals would show that.  Since his first couple of years, his passing has improved, his assists are way up, his jump shot has greatly improved (he's shooting 45% on jump shots this season), his basketball vision has improved, and his running of the team is much better - enough to earn his coach's, his teammates, and even other coach's praise. None are so blind as those who will not see.
    Posted by jerrycole

Sounds like JerryC is still whimpering too.

Do birds of a feather flock to....???

Oh, never mind.

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

posters argued that Rondo hasn't improved since his first year.  That's nonsense, and even a cursury glance at his yearly totals would show that.  Since his first couple of years, his passing has improved, his assists are way up, his jump shot has greatly improved Posted by jerrycole

jerry, your tired old one-speed attempts at censorship by detraction don't work with me.  go back and look at the stats rondo put up since being handed the keys his rook year for those games.  he actually shot 70% free throws.  his assist / turnover ratio was the same it is now.  he stole the ball.  he rebounded the ball MORE than he ever has had in a regular season. 

you claim rondo's passing has improved.  i'm not sure that it has.  he has taken to passing the ball more and shooting the ball less and accumulating a disproportionate number of assists compared to other point guards since he spends zero time shooting the ball.  but in the spirity of true charity, i'll give you that point.  his passing has improved. 

but tell us what else has improved?  are you going to try to argue that his jumper has improved even though his FT% has never been worse?  let's hear it!  bring it all on jerry, don't hold back.

it's not just an idle claim.  oh, and he SCORED more than he has in either all or all but one regular seasons too.

all in all, WHAT HAS rondo improved at?  his fundamental defense gets worse each year as he gambles more and more and tries less or the same at pick and roll defense.

then there's the free throw, which he has NEVER BEEN BETTER AT THAN THOSE LAST GAMES OF HIS ROOK YEAR.

rebounding- he's never rebounded more than those rook year games. 

field goals- statistically he improved but only since he STARTING TAKING SIGNIFICANTLY LESS JUMPERS, so the field goal mix is now slanted toward more layups than jumpers that he shot the last 20 games of his rook year.  so is that REAL improvement since the field goal % goes up but difficulty of shots goes down?  not to me it's not real improvement, it's regression.

and as for the simple dismissal of someone as a "hater", you now look like a moron in that regard too.  this is ACTUAL FACT BASED CRITICISM and I know if you're a fan of rondo it hurts.  you see, intelligent people don't 1) come out with baseless claims and 2) then fall victim to being sensored because some flunkey like you screams a tired one word label at them.  doesn't work.

so, jerry, tell me how my analysis doesn't work now.  or are logic and FACTS too far "over the top" for you.  climb back into your pathetic hole and come out with some more progressive platitudes some other time.  or come talk about the facts, doesn't matter to me.  but just don't come weak like you just did.  you make it too easy for me.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts