Rondo suspended 2 games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxCsBruins. Show SoxCsBruins's posts

Rondo suspended 2 games

Rondo will miss Boston's road games with Dallas and Oklahoma City this week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Re: Rondo suspended 2 games

I
    n Response to Rondo suspended 2 games:
    [QUOTE]Adrian Wojnarowski   @ WojYahooNBA   Reply     Retweet     Favorite   ·   Open Rondo will miss Boston's road games with Dallas and Oklahoma City this week.
    Posted by SoxCsBruins[/QUOTE]

Seems steep to me but it is what it is.... they would probably lose both games with or without him....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

So he gets to hang out with Perk without playing against him!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo suspended 2 games:
    [QUOTE]I n Response to Rondo suspended 2 games : Seems steep to me but it is what it is.... they would probably lose both games with or without him....
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

You may be right.  These games are going to be difficult for the Celtics with or without Rondo.  Maybe they will surprise us all and win both of them. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxCsBruins. Show SoxCsBruins's posts

I think that if the Celtics were to win both of these games, it becomes obvious to Danny to trade Rondo before the deadline. Tonight will be tough without Rondo or KG. I hope we see a little more of Moore tonight, he can provide the offense quickly even though Bradley is a better defender.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Back to Paul ball and the ISOs............

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TPETTEWAY1. Show TPETTEWAY1's posts

[QUOTE]OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Back to Paul ball and the ISOs............
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

More turnovers and lottery bound

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

The really sad thing is that R9R no doubt believes that the ref was in the wrong and should be suspended, not Rondo.

He has been treating his own teammates and management very much the same way with his petulance and arrogance.

Pud

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

How could anyone on this board suggest that this suspension is too steep or harsh?  He threw the ball at the referee AFTER a few choice words.  He might have drawn one game for throwing the ball and one game for what he said.  Who knows?

I thought he got fouled on the play BUT the foul was not called.

You cannot throw the ball at the referee.  Now everyone will say "how he threw the ball was not egregious".  It most absolutely was and he deserved to be suspended.  And let's not even pretend to act like we KNOW what he said to the referee.  A combination of what he said and throwing the ball AT THE REFEREE fairly drew a 2 game suspension.

I think he, KG and Bass need to take this week, regroup and come out with a new attitude after the All Star break.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]The really sad thing is that R9R no doubt believes that the ref was in the wrong and should be suspended, not Rondo. He has been treating his own teammates and management very much the same way with his petulance and arrogance. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

eh..not buying that..sources around the C's organization and even us fans have noted how we see a change in his behavior and the way he communicates with his teammates and management.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]How could anyone on this board suggest that this suspension is too steep or harsh?  He threw the ball at the referee AFTER a few choice words.  He might have drawn one game for throwing the ball and one game for what he said.  Who knows? I thought he got fouled on the play BUT the foul was not called. You cannot throw the ball at the referee.  Now everyone will say " how he threw the ball was not egregious ".  It most absolutely was and he deserved to be suspended.  And let's not even pretend to act like we KNOW what he said to the referee.  A combination of what he said and throwing the ball AT THE REFEREE fairly drew a 2 game suspension. I think he, KG and Bass need to take this week, regroup and come out with a new attitude after the All Star break.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

i do agree. as much as i think that it was a SLIGHT overreaction by the league, they gave out wat they thought was fair. he did throw the ball a little rough at the ref.

could the ref have caught it and showed rondo up by continuing as if nothing happened? absolutely. but he felt insulted (he was) and acted accordingly..Rondo needs to just serve his punishment and come out after the All Star Break on a tear..lets be honest, maybe the extra rest can do him some good, him and KG can rest and clear their heads.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo suspended 2 games : I agree, Rondo threw the ball at the ref and the ref did get hit by the ball. Not the first time Rondo threw something at something or someone. " how he threw the ball was not egregious "   Hello! Throwing the ball at the referee is already an egregious act.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

u keep saying this..wat are you referring to exactly?

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo suspended 2 games : You really think that's the first time Rondo threw anything at something or someone? According to multiple sources, Rondo’s errors were being pointed out when he arose and began discussing the mistakes of his teammates. Loudly. Using harsh language. Coach Doc Rivers got up and fired back, and  Rondo threw a bottle that shattered the video screen.  He bolted from the practice facility and was prevented from returning when he tried later. http://celticshub.com/2011/12/13/must-read-rondo-opens-up-about-outburst-during-last-postseason/#more-23106

ohh yea ok i remember. i wasnt doubting you or nething, i was trying to figure out what it was you were talking about because i couldnt think of anything.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo suspended 2 games : You mean like how he destroyed a video screen by throwing a bottle at it? 

but that was last season. again, THIS SEASON people have seen change, if they choose to, of course.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo suspended 2 games : Last season Rondo threw a bottle at a video screen. This season Rondo threw a ball at the referee. Yeah, I have seen a change, a change for the worse.  It's one thing to throw something at something, but throwing a ball at the ref is total disrespect for authority!

im not gunna argue, bc as ive said before it wasnt a good decision to make and i dont support it. that being said, every member of our big 4 has now been ejected and suspended in a game(s). im not gunna throw a fit and act like he is j.r smith. it happens.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo suspended 2 games : Last season Rondo threw a bottle at a video screen. This season Rondo threw a ball at the referee. Yeah, I have seen a change, a change for the worse.  It's one thing to throw something at something, but throwing a ball at the ref is total disrespect for authority!

Its the first time Rondo has been ejected from a game in his entire NBA career.  I don't think we can really get too worked up about it.

Petey - I am one of those that thinks this was an overreaction.  Maybe what he said was so egregious, but the ball toss was not as big of a deal as the league is making it.  If the League was balanced, it would be a one game suspension to send a signal but not more because he didn't try to hurt or physically assault a ref.  He didn't go at the ref, he wasn't aggressive or threatening in approaching the ref.

I wish the League was balanced about refs.  They need protecting but like all of us, they need correcting when they are wrong.  Joey Crawford is often TOO excited and takes away from the game but the league, knowing this, let him come back to ref.   The League needs to be more balanced in these situations.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo suspended 2 games : i do agree. as much as i think that it was a SLIGHT overreaction by the league, they gave out wat they thought was fair. he did throw the ball a little rough at the ref. could the ref have caught it and showed rondo up by continuing as if nothing happened? absolutely. but he felt insulted (he was) and acted accordingly..Rondo needs to just serve his punishment and come out after the All Star Break on a tear..lets be honest, maybe the extra rest can do him some good, him and KG can rest and clear their heads.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Agree that Rondo's reaction will tell a story.  He needs to come back by putting this behind him and playing with great energy and focus.  Look forward and forget the past.  Announcers will spend a lot of time on it.....but he has to get past it.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts