Rondo suspended 2 games

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Re: Rondo suspended 2 games

In Response to Re: Rondo suspended 2 games:
    [QUOTE]How could anyone on this board suggest that this suspension is too steep or harsh?  He threw the ball at the referee AFTER a few choice words.  He might have drawn one game for throwing the ball and one game for what he said.  Who knows? I thought he got fouled on the play BUT the foul was not called. You cannot throw the ball at the referee.  Now everyone will say " how he threw the ball was not egregious ".  It most absolutely was and he deserved to be suspended.  And let's not even pretend to act like we KNOW what he said to the referee.  A combination of what he said and throwing the ball AT THE REFEREE fairly drew a 2 game suspension. I think he, KG and Bass need to take this week, regroup and come out with a new attitude after the All Star break.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Ha...if players got suspended for what they said to refs... suspensions would be rampid... and as to the toss to the ref... it was a bit hard yes but it was thrown underhanded... still believe he probably deserved one game...thats it...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo suspended 2 games : Throwing a ball at a referee is not a big deal? Are you kidding? Rondo threw the ball at ref and he connected. Meaning, Rondo actually hit the ref with the ball. And that's not serious to you?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

See, this is why you get such a bad reputation....one for being a you know what.

I did NOT say it wasn't a big deal.  Read again, my friend.  I said it wasn't as big of a deal as the league is making it out to be.  I said one game was enough because he was NOT appraoching the ref, doing anything threatening, etc.  He threw the ball to the ref too directly out of anger, but clearly he wasn't trying to hurt the ref or anything like that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]He didn't go at the ref, he wasn't aggressive or threatening in approaching the ref. It's not about being threatening, it's about respect! You really think it's a good idea if your kids throw a ball at you when they're angry at you? RESPECT!

so ur gunna tell me that what Rondo did last night was worse then KG getting ejected for elbowing QR in the face? or Ray Allen getting ejected way back for getting into a fight?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo suspended 2 games : Rondo has anger issues. Last night was not the first time Rondo threw something at something or someone.

You have anger issues.   

Rondo is competitive and hates to lose.  I like that.  Like KG and Paul and Kobe and MJ and others.  Dr. J and Bird got into a fight.  Ray Allen got into a fight.  Players who are nice have done worse than toss a ball too hard toward a ref.  You're taking the opportunity to use this to support some point but you're off base.  This is not a reason to get rid of Rondo any more than some team should have traded Ray for fighting or traded Bird for fighting or trade KG for his antics.   

This happened, he got suspended, and its now time to get over it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo suspended 2 games : so ur gunna tell me that what Rondo did last night was worse then KG getting ejected for elbowing QR in the face? or Ray Allen getting ejected way back for getting into a fight?
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Of course he will because he hates Rondo......end of story.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]He didn't go at the ref, he wasn't aggressive or threatening in approaching the ref. It's not about being threatening, it's about respect! You really think it's a good idea if your kids throw a ball at you when they're angry at you? RESPECT!

You keep trying to take it out of contest.  Look at the video.  he did NOT throw the ball AT the ref.  He threw the ball to the ref....too hard at a time when the ref's arms were up.   Dodgeball tosses are when you throw the ball AT someone trying to hit them.   

Why am I even talking to you?   Stupid me for arguing with a person like you who doesn't see reason and is clearly not objective about Rondo.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Celtsfan, Rondo did say something to the referee as he threw the ball.  He was probably going to get "t'd" up for that.  The referee was about to assess a technical on him anyway (seemed to me that his arm was raised about to make a call).  Then Rondo compounds that by throwing the ball at him.  Let's stop the insanity - Rondo was not throwing the ball TO HIM.  Rondo was throwing the ball AT HIM.

CASox, let's not lessen the offense by saying that he "threw it underhanded".  Like that matters.

Angry and frustrated at an obvious non-call, if this was Lebron, throwing the ball "hard", bouncing it off the referee's chest, you can bet every poster would be calling for a 3 game suspension.

He lost it and behaved like a child and there are consequences for that.  When I tell my son that he cannot do that no matter what, I tell him there are consequences for his actions.

He deserved what he got.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I would have respected R9R if he had got in the refs face and let him have it verbally... or order to make his point and then get tossed.

What he did by confronting and then cursing the ref... and walking away, slinging the ball at the ref as he was tee'd up was pure chickens**t and cowardice.

He wasn't man enough to stand toe to toe with the ref.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

A bush league!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Trade Rondo!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Rondo has maturity issues. Throwing the ball at the ref was bs and I can't believe that any real Celtics fan would defend his action. It was a punk move and I hope that they trade this clown.

If an opposing player did the exact same thing then Celtics fans would be calling it bush league and capping on the guy for being soft in the head.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondo going thru the terrible twos?????

Doc sez about Rondo....

“Five seconds after it happened, I guarantee you Rondo wished he could take it back. He’s young and I hope we don’t forget that.’’

How young is he doc?

Is he like... real young?

I bet you 've seen a lot of this childishness behind the scenes, haven't ya?

That the camera doesn't catch.

Doc.... will he ever grow up?

Will you ever allow him to stand on his own two feet instead of trying to rescue him?

No?

Didn't think so...

Oh and Happy Birthday Rondo.... 26 tomorrow!

(Years... not months)

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Rondo going thru the terrible twos?????

In Response to Rondo going thru the terrible twos?????:
    [QUOTE]Doc sez about Rondo.... “Five seconds after it happened, I guarantee you Rondo wished he could take it back. He’s young and I hope we don’t forget that .’’ How young is he doc? Is he like... real young ? I bet you 've seen a lot of this childishness behind the scenes, haven't ya? That the camera doesn't catch. Doc.... will he ever grow up ? Will you ever allow him to stand on his own two feet instead of trying to rescue him? No? Didn't think so... Oh and Happy Birthday Rondo.... 26 tomorrow! (Years... not months) Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

+1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo has maturity issues. Throwing the ball at the ref was bs and I can't believe that any real Celtics fan would defend his action. It was a punk move and I hope that they trade this clown. If an opposing player did the exact same thing then Celtics fans would be calling it bush league and capping on the guy for being soft in the head.
    Posted by ROWDYRODRUST[/QUOTE]

+1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

He said  "call the f*cking Foul, you B*tch!"

I read his lips, and he threw the ball hard right into his gut while his hands were up. I think ROndo used to be pictcher in high school and it showed there.

I like the kid as a player, but A.B.'s jumper was on last night. Never a better time to move him, besides this latest blunder. Now teams may shy away, but a team in NEED, will do it in a heartbeat.

After Paul's player of the week award, he has looked horrible. Ray will be fine, but not sure whats up with P.

Maybe Danny deals Paul and Rondo to same team since P like Rondo so much.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]On TNT's broadcast, Steve Kerr said Rondo got a 2-game suspension instead of a 1-game suspension because it was not the first time Rondo threw the ball at the ref.
    When was the first time he threw the ball at the ref?
    Given that he'd undoubtedly have been suspended or at the very least fined, it should be easy to find.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Rondo going thru the terrible twos?????

In Response to Rondo going thru the terrible twos?????:
    [QUOTE]Doc sez about Rondo.... “Five seconds after it happened, I guarantee you Rondo wished he could take it back. He’s young and I hope we don’t forget that .’’ How young is he doc? Is he like... real young ? I bet you 've seen a lot of this childishness behind the scenes, haven't ya? That the camera doesn't catch. Doc.... will he ever grow up ? Will you ever allow him to stand on his own two feet instead of trying to rescue him? No? Didn't think so... Oh and Happy Birthday Rondo.... 26 tomorrow! (Years... not months) Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    I'm with you on this, Barn. Blaming something on youth, which politicians do all the time, is one of my pet peeves. There are men and women much younger than 26 risking their lives overseas or at home fighting crime, fires, etc.

My Celtic fanatic son is 10, and he was saying how immature (seriously, that's the word he used) Rondo was to throw the ball at the ref.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Would we be having this same argument if Ray or Pierce had been the one to throw the ball to or at the Ref?  Pierce was thrown out of a very important play off game just last year, some years before against the Pacers he was suspended 1 game, again in the play offs. When you compare the two in terms of importance it's not even close. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill!!  KG hits a guy below the belt, everyone laughs that's just KG, Rondo throws the ball a little hard to the Ref, and some on here act like he killed the guy!!  As Steven A. would say, GIVE ME A BREAK!!

Sections
Shortcuts