Rondo Suspended Tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Rondo Suspended Tonight

For bumping into the referree in Atlanta.  This is getting crazy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Rondo Suspended Tonight

Petey, everyone knows how highly i feel about Rondo, but this one is absolutely ridiculous. There was no reason for a suspension here, just bc he touched a ref basically. The ref took absolutely no offense, there wasnt even a tech called. this is bs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Are you serious?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Jamez, I know you do feel highly of Rondo but I have to disagree with you.  You are right, there was no technical called on the play but he totally bumped into the ref.  The announcers made a point of it and said they were surprised he was not hit with a "T".  The ref even turned to Rondo and looked down where he bumped into him.

My problem is that regardless of the intent, with Rondo's history, he cannot accidentally or otherwise bump a referee.  We've all seen situations where a call wasn't made in the game but once it's looked at afterwards, fines or suspensions are levied.

Honestly, when I saw it, my immediate thought was that was a bit excessive.  I initially thought Rondo literallly bumped into him on purpose.  Either way, he bumped into him and it is Rondo.  Had he not had a past history of this behavior, I think he gets a pass.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

and now hearing that it was ATL GM Danny Ferry who GAVE THE TAPE of the play to the league. IT WASNT EVEN ON THEIR RADAR!!!

idc, this is a joke.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I would be okay if they traded Rondo..............

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jamez, I know you do feel highly of Rondo but I have to disagree with you.  You are right, there was no technical called on the play but he totally bumped into the ref.  The announcers made a point of it and said they were surprised he was not hit with a "T".  The ref even turned to Rondo and looked down where he bumped into him.

My problem is that regardless of the intent, with Rondo's history, he cannot accidentally or otherwise bump a referee.  We've all seen situations where a call wasn't made in the game but once it's looked at afterwards, fines or suspensions are levied.

Honestly, when I saw it, my immediate thought was that was a bit excessive.  I initially thought Rondo literallly bumped into him on purpose.  Either way, he bumped into him and it is Rondo.  Had he not had a past history of this behavior, I think he gets a pass.

[/QUOTE]

petey, he didnt bump him. he walked up to him and his chest made contact, but it wasnt a bump. You see players ALL THE TIME walk up to the ref for an explanation, taller players might bend over to hear the ref, and you see contact made all the time. There was nothing excessive, nothing intentional, nothing done to warrant a suspension here. It was only done bc its Rondo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Yep! NBA refs has cosa nostra boss named Stern. They are not scared to bring the hammer. They can suspend you in a given night without explanation and severity of the case.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

hot diggity. watch the anti-rondos light the board up between now and tonight and the suns on wed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

hot diggity. watch the anti-rondos light the board up between now and tonight and the suns on wed.

[/QUOTE]

absolutely.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

absolutely.

[/QUOTE]

Not an anti rondo, just a very disappointed Celtic fan. C'mon this was a big game, he let his team down.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

absolutely.

[/QUOTE]

Not an anti rondo, just a very disappointed Celtic fan. C'mon this was a big game, he let his team down.

[/QUOTE]

im dissapointed bc at this point he should know to be exaggerattingly careful around a referee. But i just watched video of it, and its bad. It didnt warrant anything. If it was Avery Bradley who did it, there would be no suspension. Thats wat im upset about. Idk, it will be interesting to hear Doc's take later tonite.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nice, subtle attempt @ quelling dissent

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

anybody can post a link for the vid?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

This might be the reason to make the Cousins trade....If we include Rondo and keep AB...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Is anyone really surprised by this suspension? An Ex-Knicks player is the head of discipline for the NBA Stu Jackson and David Sterns is just another in a long line of biased New York based Commissioners!!!! SK rew them both! They'll do anything they can to keep their precious Knicks in contention...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

petey, he didnt bump him. he walked up to him and his chest made contact, but it wasnt a bump. You see players ALL THE TIME walk up to the ref for an explanation, taller players might bend over to hear the ref, and you see contact made all the time. There was nothing excessive, nothing intentional, nothing done to warrant a suspension here. It was only done bc its Rondo.

[/QUOTE]

Does'nt matter..he should know how to keep his distance by now...a true leader would not do this to his team..there comes a point where you have to make a decision...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Saw the vid. Not much there, but RR should know he's got to give any ref a wide berth at this point. He's got a rep know, kind of like sheed and his techs for mouthing off.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

and now hearing that it was ATL GM Danny Ferry who GAVE THE TAPE of the play to the league. IT WASNT EVEN ON THEIR RADAR!!!

idc, this is a joke.

[/QUOTE]No joke. You need to care. Rondo needs to care.

Your guy's value is falling like a rock in water.

I saw the incident and was surprised by it.... all things considered.

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Wonder what Rondo did not do to not cooperate with the investigation.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I rarely see an official walking towards the scorer's table to signal the foul and player get bumped/run into/chest hit, whatever you want to call it.  Rondo got called for a ridiculous offensive foul call and made contact with the official.

And the thing about it is it wasn't an aggressive contact.  He slowly walked over to him but he made contact which is a no no.  It doesn't look like much but it's Rondo and he is getting a reputation.

The last thing we need tonight is Rondo being suspended.  Oh well.  Hopefully he'll learn to stay away from the refs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2013/01/07/010713-rondo.nba/

like i said, Rondo has to know to be ridiculously careful with referees at this point. But the suspension is a joke. Its a shame it has to be this way, and its even sadder that it was GM Danny Ferry that came complaining to the refs and the league, which ultimately led to the "investigation."

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nice, subtle attempt @ quelling dissent 

[/QUOTE]

that obvious, huh?

25. This post has been removed.