Rondo Suspended Tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Rondo Suspended Tonight

In response to futbal's comment:

Wonder what Rondo did not do to not cooperate with the investigation.

the league didnt even have it on their radar. If DF doesnt come crying, nothing happens. Its like in the NFL when theres possible pass interference, and the ref doesnt call anything. Then a coach runs up and jumps up and down screaming, and all of a sudden the ref pulls a flag out. Its a JOKE.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

In response to Petey62's comment:

Jamez, I know you do feel highly of Rondo but I have to disagree with you.  You are right, there was no technical called on the play but he totally bumped into the ref.  The announcers made a point of it and said they were surprised he was not hit with a "T".  The ref even turned to Rondo and looked down where he bumped into him.

My problem is that regardless of the intent, with Rondo's history, he cannot accidentally or otherwise bump a referee.  We've all seen situations where a call wasn't made in the game but once it's looked at afterwards, fines or suspensions are levied.

Honestly, when I saw it, my immediate thought was that was a bit excessive.  I initially thought Rondo literallly bumped into him on purpose.  Either way, he bumped into him and it is Rondo.  Had he not had a past history of this behavior, I think he gets a pass.

petey, he didnt bump him. he walked up to him and his chest made contact, but it wasnt a bump. You see players ALL THE TIME walk up to the ref for an explanation, taller players might bend over to hear the ref, and you see contact made all the time. There was nothing excessive, nothing intentional, nothing done to warrant a suspension here. It was only done bc its Rondo.

Does'nt matter..he should know how to keep his distance by now...a true leader would not do this to his team..there comes a point where you have to make a decision...

Magic Johnson got suspended for bumping a ref after he won five titles. Nobody questions him as a leader.  It is unfortunate, but certainly not worth trading away Rondo for. be sane now. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Is anyone really surprised by this suspension? An Ex-Knicks player is the head of discipline for the NBA Stu Jackson and David Sterns is just another in a long line of biased New York based Commissioners!!!! SK rew them both! They'll do anything they can to keep their precious Knicks in contention...

word! very hard to believe that what bozo says has nothing to do with anything.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

Jamez, I know you do feel highly of Rondo but I have to disagree with you.  You are right, there was no technical called on the play but he totally bumped into the ref.  The announcers made a point of it and said they were surprised he was not hit with a "T".  The ref even turned to Rondo and looked down where he bumped into him.

My problem is that regardless of the intent, with Rondo's history, he cannot accidentally or otherwise bump a referee.  We've all seen situations where a call wasn't made in the game but once it's looked at afterwards, fines or suspensions are levied.

Honestly, when I saw it, my immediate thought was that was a bit excessive.  I initially thought Rondo literallly bumped into him on purpose.  Either way, he bumped into him and it is Rondo.  Had he not had a past history of this behavior, I think he gets a pass.

petey, he didnt bump him. he walked up to him and his chest made contact, but it wasnt a bump. You see players ALL THE TIME walk up to the ref for an explanation, taller players might bend over to hear the ref, and you see contact made all the time. There was nothing excessive, nothing intentional, nothing done to warrant a suspension here. It was only done bc its Rondo.

Does'nt matter..he should know how to keep his distance by now...a true leader would not do this to his team..there comes a point where you have to make a decision...

This is exactly right... he knows he is a target  he needs to restrain himself.. dont care if he really bumped or not... he has got to grow up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Rondo is not the Celtics leader.  Rondo is ONE of the leaders on the Celtics.  He has got to do a better job with that responsibility.

I don't care how insignificant the contact was, Rondo (with HIS past history) CANNOT make any kind of contact with the referee for any reason.  At some point, you have to realize that.  Rondo clearly walked into the referee.  He clearly walked into him and that is unacceptable.

I'm just getting tired of his suspensions but I'm far from demanding trading him.  I don't want him traded.  I just want him to be more mature and stay out of situations like this.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Either way, he bumped into him and it is Rondo.  Had he not had a past history of this behavior, I think he gets a pass.

and there you have why it is important to "not have a past history of this behavior"

it's one of the dumbest possible behaviors- physicality with refs = ?????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I don't care how insignificant the contact was, Rondo (with HIS past history) CANNOT make any kind of contact with the referee for any reason.  At some point, you have to realize that.  Rondo clearly walked into the referee.  He clearly walked into him and that is unacceptable.

At some point, Rondo has to own up to the utter contempt that he has toward refs... and which they are well aware of. They can smell it, see it and hear it in his actions.

They are giving him fair warning that there is a line that he may not cross w/o experiencing very negative consequences.

They are trying to do Rondo a favor.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to futbal's comment:

Wonder what Rondo did not do to not cooperate with the investigation.

the league didnt even have it on their radar. If DF doesnt come crying, nothing happens. Its like in the NFL when theres possible pass interference, and the ref doesnt call anything. Then a coach runs up and jumps up and down screaming, and all of a sudden the ref pulls a flag out. Its a JOKE.

Jamez, 

I just saw the non-bump of the ref in Atlanta.  You are right it is nothing call. I really do feel the league has separate rules for teams.  It is a disgrace.  Man just when we were looking good, maybe Terry will have a  big game tonight.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

This is a tempest in a teapot.

Atlanta is going to pay for this.

Rondo is going to play harder against them in the future.

Danny Ferry f ed up.

Check this out. The plot thickens.

Hawks GM Danny Ferry is being fined $15,000 for being a snitch.

Rajon Rondo bumped referee Rodney Mott on Sunday night and he will pay the price for that by sitting out Monday night.

But after the game when it happened Ferry approached the referees and gave them the video of the play. The tattletale. But the league has a hard and fast rule about players or team officials approaching a referee after the game, for any reason, so he Ferry was given a $15,000 fine by the league.

The whole thing kind of makes me laugh, mostly because I don’t have to write the check.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Stop the excuses.  He bumped the ref.  He can't manage his emotions and again made another bad decision that hurts the whole team...  Rondo is a poor excuse for a "team leader."  

Look forward to watching Bradley play PG and stop the opposing PG out front for a change.  Watch better production from both Terry and Lee at SG.  

Hopefully AB plays the point well, and maybe Ainge will trade Rondo instead.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Stop the excuses.  He bumped the ref.  He can't manage his emotions and again made another bad decision that hurts the whole team...  Rondo is a poor excuse for a "team leader."  

Look forward to watching Bradley play PG and stop the opposing PG out front for a change.  Watch better production from both Terry and Lee at SG.  

Hopefully AB plays the point well, and maybe Ainge will trade Rondo instead.

it wasnt even ruled a tech during the game....to suspend him for that is just pathetic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

This is a tempest in a teapot.

Atlanta is going to pay for this.

Rondo is going to play harder against them in the future.

Danny Ferry f ed up.

What you wrote is quite telling. Anybody not giving 100%(I don't believe in the 110% cliche) 100% of the time doesn't deserve the label superstar. That sums up the divide in a nutshell. Bird, Russell, Cowens, Hondo gave 100% all the time. No outside motivation needed...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

This is really a no brainer...

Rondo got called for a foul (motivation) moved toward the ref and clearly bumped into him.. a stupid thing to do. PLain and simple. Why are there all these Rondo apologists on here for?

Rondo has a bad rep with the refs, hes been suspended before..

The guy is a spoiled brat who had no business approaching the ref that closely...NONE

You see PP get real bad calls made on him, he doesnt bump the ref.. Gimmie a break and stop wiping this kids nose..  He should and does know better,,, problem is he doesnt care. Hes RONDO the SUPERSTAR!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Knick announcers saying had Rondo cooperated with NBA investigation, he wouldnt have rec a suspension..   Almost hope thats not true, makes it even worse

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Well I just saw what happened.  That was ridiculous.  Rondo did nothing wrong at all.  That may have been the worst suspension I have ever saw.  No emotion was involved at all.  He was just talking and didn't seem to be doing anything flagrant.

The only thing about this was we saw we can compete in a hostile arena without him.  Not the first time.  Remember last year at Atlanta when he was tossed.  I seem to remember a big game by a certain guy that nite as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

You're confusing the degree of the bump (which was virtually nothing) with the fact Rondo approached the ref to complain about a call.... and their bodys bumped.  Was it intentional?? Doesnt matter.

I suppose sticking to the letter of the rule combined with Rondo's past history... he got the boot. May seem ridiculous but thats the position hes put himself in. Nobody to blame but himself

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

If the refs give Rondo an inch, he will take a mile... and then he likely complains that the refs are being inconsistent with him.

If Cs management were wise, and they are not, they would back the refs and add on extra punishment to stand in solidarity with league's officiating.

While management is loath to sit Rondo when he misbehaves, the refs apparently are not.

The refs at long last have had enough.

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

People confuse the degree of the bump and/or intention with the technical violation of the rule by a multiple offender.   It's really not much different than Sheed getting T'd up for looking the wrong way at a ref... doesnt seem to deserve it sometimes but hes gonna get it cause he's Sheed.

Welcome to Sheeds world PG elite... and hopefuly smarten up .. we dont need you getting suspended again for the playoffs... then again, after we scored 102, with 26 assists against the KNicks game last night, might not be a bad idea

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I would be okay if they traded Rondo..............

I'm with you.  For starters how about Rondo to Lakers for Howard?

Sections
Shortcuts