Rondo sux

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Rondo sux

11 points, 18 assists, 3 steals, an unusually low 2 boards (he usually averages a triple double) and 0 turnovers...

For all of you complaining Rondo only plays D when he wants, turns it over, can't shoot... give me the name of one superstar NBA player that plays playoff style hoops (defensively or otherwise) for an entire 82 game season?

Don't bother, you can't.  

I want to see Rondo next year with an entire squad of guys that can hit spot up jump shots and threes at a high clip, add one more Super star, stir = rings.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Rondo sux

In response to Fiercy's comment:

And if Rondo is not with the Celtics next season?

Is everything a (wrong) prediction with you?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET207. Show ET207's posts

Acccording to many talent evaluators, last night Rondo was a horrible point guard because he committed 14 turnovers in 2 games.  Where r u tonight? Name one other point guard who had 18 assists and no turnovers in a single game. 

To coin a phrase, "don't bother, you can't"!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET207. Show ET207's posts

Really?

You need to pull out another account just to say the same thing.

HAHAHA

I'm not who you think I am.  Your intuition needs some fine tuning.  

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET207. Show ET207's posts

In response to ET207's comment:

I'm not who you think I am.  Your intuition needs some fine tuning.  

I never said who you were.

All I said was why use another account when obviously you're not a new comer here.

I mean it's very obvious that you have another account and that's not your only account here.

Why is it obvious? What is the truth is that I haven't posted in several years. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET207. Show ET207's posts

Why is it obvious? What is the truth is that I haven't posted in several years. 

So you're telling me tonight is the first time you posted after several years?

a handful only in the last several years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I'm only asking what if Rondo is not with the Celtics next season.

Rondo has already hinted that he wants a max contract.

Ainge might not agree.

So again, what if Rondo is not with the Celts next season?

Rondo is worth a max deal. I believe he takes a slight hometown discount if Danny is able to bring in another near-max free agent in 2015.

It should be clear to everyone that we are building around Rondo. He's 28. There is no Lebron in this draft. Danny will sell some of the picks and bring in a pair of Allstars to open up a 5-6 year window around Rondo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET207. Show ET207's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

I'm only asking what if Rondo is not with the Celtics next season.

Rondo has already hinted that he wants a max contract.

Ainge might not agree.

So again, what if Rondo is not with the Celts next season?

Rondo is worth a max deal. I believe he takes a slight hometown discount if Danny is able to bring in another near-max free agent in 2015.

It should be clear to everyone that we are building around Rondo. He's 28. There is no Lebron in this draft. Danny will sell some of the picks and bring in a pair of Allstars to open up a 5-6 year window around Rondo.

Agreed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

11 points, 18 assists, 3 steals, an unusually low 2 boards (he usually averages a triple double) and 0 turnovers...

For all of you complaining Rondo only plays D when he wants, turns it over, can't shoot... give me the name of one superstar NBA player that plays playoff style hoops (defensively or otherwise) for an entire 82 game season?

Don't bother, you can't.  

I want to see Rondo next year with an entire squad of guys that can hit spot up jump shots and threes at a high clip, add one more Super star, stir = rings.

You left out 5-15 shooting and only a plus 1.

Rondo is overrated.

He is the 24th ranked point guard in the league in PER.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I think Ainge will find a way to get Love or Gasol and a guy like Afflalo. 

I also tend to think Danny will only keep one of Sully or Kelly, and I tend to think its Kelly because of extra year on the rookie scale, he's a better stretch-4 than Sully and he's starting to become a very good all around player.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

From the original post....

"For all of you complaining Rondo only plays D when he wants, turns it over, can't shoot... give me the name of one superstar NBA player that plays playoff style hoops (defensively or otherwise) for an entire 82 game season?"

Kevin Garnett.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET207. Show ET207's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

Kevin Garnett.

That's true.  There is only one.  And in a few months it will be none.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I think this would be the bones of a good playoff team:

Rondo, Pressey

Afflalo, Bradley

Green, Johnson

Olynyk, Bass

Gasol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Kevin Garnett.

It's a strawman argument.

Rondo can't even stay in front of his man.

I remember last year when some guy with the Knicks almost set the Garden record for threes in a quarter because Rondo refused to cover him.

And this was before Rondo's knee injury.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET207. Show ET207's posts

Kevin Garnett.

I remember last year when some guy with the Knicks almost set the Garden record for threes in a quarter because Rondo refused to cover him.

Does he play great defense consistently? No; Does he gamble too often on defense? Yes; Is there a better pure point guard setting others up for open looks? No

He is far from perfect, but he is ultra competitive and in the playoffs he excels.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Don't bother, you can't.  

the problem with rondo staying here next season is that barring some MIRACULOUS consistent improvement in his offensive play, he's not worth 13M that he books.  after that he wants a raise.  he's not worth it.

there is not enough cap space to build a winner around rondo at the 16M to 18M that he thinks he's worth without barging into lux tax territory.  some team that doesn't care about lux tax and has some stars on hand might sign rondo for more than he's worth, but it shouldn't be us.

he still can't shoot the basic J and has suddenly taken to bombing too many 3's.  free throws were in the 70%'s for a hot minute now down into stinko again.  watch for him to avoid all possible activity that may lead to a free throw for at least one more game.

he's got skills, he just does not have the right skills to be a "star point guard" or any point guard for a team on the rebound.  he's being exposed right now as a terrible shooter and people can make the excuse that he doesn't have his quickness back yet but he didn't use his quickness at all much of ht elast three years.

we were the exact opposite of SSOL seven seconds or less d'antonio system- rondo held the ball until about 7 seconds left and then made his pass to KG or paul

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Kevin Garnett.

you mean fatty felton?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

Kevin Garnett.

you mean fatty felton?

I don't remember.

I just remember being shocked by the lack of effort that resulted in all these threes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Don't bother, you can't.  

Wozzy, 

Rondo is no where close to or has ever been close to averaging a triple double. That's putting him up in Larry Bird land and Bird never did it. 

Sections
Shortcuts