Rondo sux

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Rondo sux

Rondo has a nice stat game after two stinkers..not bad playing well once out of every three games huh??

Lets not forget he did it agasint the fearsome 24-39 Detroit Pistons...

So wheres the parade for Rondo being held??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Rondo is shooting 40% from the field this year, worse than his career average of 47%.

However, his three point shooting has improved from 25% to 34%.

The team is a minus 5.3 with Rondo on the floor.

Rondo's PER is 22th in the league among point guards. Last year, when he was healthy, he was ranked 14th.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo is shooting 40% from the field this year, worse than his career average of 47%.

However, his three point shooting has improved from 25% to 34%.

The team is a minus 5.3 with Rondo on the floor.

Rondo's PER is 22th in the league among point guards. Last year when he was healthy, he was ranked 14th.

[/QUOTE]

WOW, didnt know this... I think I just lowered my opinion of Gondo even further

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

It's true that Rondo had 18 assists and no turnovers last night but if he were still playing with the big three he would have had 36 assists and would have been credited with a negative number of turnovers.

In any event even a blind squirrel finds a  nut every now and then.

He sux.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to paulliu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's true that Rondo had 18 assists and no turnovers last night but if he were still playing with the big three he would have had 36 assists and would have been credited with a negative number of turnovers.

In any event even a blind squirrel finds a  nut every now and then.

He sux.

[/QUOTE]

I like the rest of the guys on the team better.

Like Chris johnson and Phil Pressey and Joel anthony.

Those guys are good

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo's gone on draft night.

So what if Rondo sux?

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

with all your good work here, fiercy, intuition and instinct are not your strong suit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:

[QUOTE]

11 points, 18 assists, 3 steals, an unusually low 2 boards (he usually averages a triple double) and 0 turnovers...

For all of you complaining Rondo only plays D when he wants, turns it over, can't shoot... give me the name of one superstar NBA player that plays playoff style hoops (defensively or otherwise) for an entire 82 game season?

Don't bother, you can't.  

I want to see Rondo next year with an entire squad of guys that can hit spot up jump shots and threes at a high clip, add one more Super star, stir = rings.

[/QUOTE]

You left out 5-15 shooting and only a plus 1.

Rondo is overrated.

He is the 24th ranked point guard in the league in PER.

[/QUOTE]

Uhm Derick Rose had a PER of around 6 this year. I'm sure you would trade him.  Rondo just came off major knee surgery. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He probably meant averages a double-double but he does hold a few records for triple-doubles;

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/42037/rondo-etches-name-in-nba-record-book

[/QUOTE]

There was some hyperbole on my part there, I was attempting some biting sarcasm to show that Rondo's rebound numbers last game were unusually low for him.

That being said, Rondo averaged a triple double in the playoffs in his 2nd season(17 points, 10 boards, 10 assists), he also had two and a half steals per game that series.  The notion that he "isn't any good" or that "PER" is an indicator of anything is ridiculous.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Wozz, can't agree...he is good for one of these games every oncer in a while, especially after a very poor outing and bad press...he plays well when he sees fit...he's not "Green" bad in that way, it's just that his "malcontent" actions can have either very positive outcomes, like a wife beater trying to make nice-nice after the deed, or be more like his evil twin, like the clown who decided to stay for his birthday party when asked not to do so by the coach and GM...

The team will be making a huge mistake to build around him....huge...but, I think that decision has already been made...by Rondo...he'll go on his own if he's not traded...just play out his contract and leave.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wozz, can't agree...he is good for one of these games every oncer in a while, especially after a very poor outing and bad press...he plays well when he sees fit...he's not "Green" bad in that way, it's just that his "malcontent" actions can have either very positive outcomes, like a wife beater trying to make nice-nice after the deed, or be more like his evil twin, like the clown who decided to stay for his birthday party when asked not to do so by the coach and GM...

The team will be making a huge mistake to build around him....huge...but, I think that decision has already been made...by Rondo...he'll go on his own if he's not traded...just play out his contract and leave.

[/QUOTE]

He was good enough to win a championship averaging a triple double in the playoffs and came within one blown Perk knee of winning two rings.

He is rehabbing a blown wheel and is still putting up these stats with this year's talent, so don't tell me about the old "big three."

In the final days of the big three he was their best player.  In the old incarnation's final series against the eventual champion Heat, Rondo was maybe the best player on the court from either team.

The only people who think Rondo is no good seems to be a few Celtic's fans here, most fans of other teams would fall over themselves to get Rondo on their team playing with their superstars.

Rondo is unconventional but he is effective.  He has the respect of his peers, if we want great free agents to consider playing in Boston, let's not trade their only incentive to come here outside of money.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

He was good enough to win a championship averaging a triple double in the playoffs and came within one blown Perk knee of winning two rings.

He is rehabbing a blown wheel and is still putting up these stats with this year's talent, so don't tell me about the old "big three."

In the final days of the big three he was their best player.  In the old incarnation's final series against the eventual champion Heat, Rondo was maybe the best player on the court from either team.

The only people who think Rondo is no good seems to be a few Celtic's fans here, most fans of other teams would fall over themselves to get Rondo on their team playing with their superstars.

Rondo is unconventional but he is effective.  He has the respect of his peers, if we want great free agents to consider playing in Boston, let's not trade their only incentive to come here outside of money.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not convinced we CAN attract great FA's...maybe after a couple of drafts if we get lucky...If they keep Rondo, they have to play to his strength which is running the break where his dishing can be optimizedand place maximum pressure on the D...to do that they MUST get better and more mobile bigs...they have to have rebounders...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you high?

The year Gondo grabbed onto the coattails of KG, PP & Ray for their only title, he did not even come close to averaging a triple double... In fact, he spent much of crunch time minutes in the finals  picking up splinters on the bench cause he was so ineffective.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo is amazing. he had kris humphries out there looking like KG in his prime. the guy is the best in the world at running an offense and setting up teammates for high percentage shots. i love me some Rondo!

[/QUOTE]

Rondo usually makes the guy he is guarding look like an allstar too.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

they both want the same thing, fierce. compromises will be made. don't lose sight of what's transpiring w/ your team while juggling all the various BS that you juggle here. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

Are you high?

The year Gondo grabbed onto the coattails of KG, PP & Ray for their only title, he did not even come close to averaging a triple double... In fact, he spent much of crunch time minutes in the finals  picking up splinters on the bench cause he was so ineffective.

It's true that in 2008, it was Eddie House or Sam Cassell playing in crunch time, not Rondo.

[/QUOTE]

Rondo was a non-factor in the three games in LA but in the clinching game six, it was Rondo along with James Poseywho led the 2nd quarter run that put the C's up by 25 at the half.

If you like numbers here's Rondo's line from that game:

Rajon Rondo MINS 31:52 FG 8 FGA20 .400 3pt FGA 0 1 PCT:000 FTM 5 FTA: 7 PCT:714 O REB:2 DEF REB:5 TOT REB 7 ASSIST:8 STLS: 6  BLKS:0 TO:1 PF:3 PTS:21  +/- 24

Not too shabby.  But I guess some have short memories.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Are you high?

Am I high?

He did not come close to averaging a triple double?  

In his 2nd season he averaged 17 points, 10 boards, 10 assists and almost 3 steals in the playoffs... that isn't "close," that is actually averaging a triple double.  You should probably check your stats before you call people "high" and act smug.

Oh yeah and he averaged over 41 minutes a game in the playoffs, a season removed from leaving college as a true sophomore... feel dumb yet?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rondora01.html